Australia V2 for P3D and FSX: Official Announcement!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonderful work!! Congratulations to all involved.

The comment, '...more preview shots over the coming weeks' tends to give us a little hint on the release date :)

(PS: I finally get my NBN connected on the 30th May. Hopefully get me off the slow 100-400kbs downloads. AUv2 may be my first big download)

Aussie

11 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

I also think at this point it is fair to say that my current project is a fairly open secret, though I am not quite ready to preview it, I'm very sorry :)

On 5/13/2019 at 10:00 PM, carlosqr said:

Question as I didn't see this in the FAQ and it is one many people could ask

Is Fly Tampa Sydney compatible yet with Australia v2 or did you make a Sydney airport yourselves among those 500 airports?

15 hours ago, Deanne said:

Jarrad mate I'm in but a question for the moment from me is i have FLY TAMPA SYDNEY will there be a problem with this ? Thanks

We have done some preliminary testing with FlyTampa YSSY and so far, everything is looking good, though this is subject to final checks. But rest assured, ensuring compatibility for this airport is important for us too :)

Double awesome!

11 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

I also think at this point it is fair to say that my current project is a fairly open secret, though I am not quite ready to preview it, I'm very sorry :)

On 5/13/2019 at 10:00 PM, carlosqr said:

Question as I didn't see this in the FAQ and it is one many people could ask

Is Fly Tampa Sydney compatible yet with Australia v2 or did you make a Sydney airport yourselves among those 500 airports?

15 hours ago, Deanne said:

Jarrad mate I'm in but a question for the moment from me is i have FLY TAMPA SYDNEY will there be a problem with this ? Thanks

We have done some preliminary testing with FlyTampa YSSY and so far, everything is looking good, though this is subject to final checks. But rest assured, ensuring compatibility for this airport is important for us too :)

Double awesome!

Looks great, and I really want it, but unfortunately not for XP yet.  Waiting patiently for orbx to start producing things for all sim platforms at the same time but I guess there are significant technical issues that I know nothing about.  Cheers.

1 hour ago, flsm (Frank) said:

Looks great, and I really want it, but unfortunately not for XP yet.  Waiting patiently for orbx to start producing things for all sim platforms at the same time but I guess there are significant technical issues that I know nothing about.  Cheers.

I thought I read that they can't do landclass for XP.

Just 11 years this month since we went crazy over Blue - Red - Green and -  Gold  --- installed all at once -  instead of the individual units

I have just returned to Flight sims after an absence of years and it looks as if I'm just in time for V2 - 11 years later

- and unfortunately - I just found out that the 4 colours -  became SP 3 - then SP 4 - then V1 - then Australia  --- all by upgrade

-- and then I just bought( 5 days ago) "Australia" by mistake when all I needed was FTX AU 410 for free :banghead:

At my age - just hoping I won't have to wait too long to get my 40% discount on V2

2 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Just 11 years this month since we went crazy over Blue - Red - Green and -  Gold  --- installed all at once -  instead of the individual units

I have just returned to Flight sims after an absence of years and it looks as if I'm just in time for V2 - 11 years later

- and unfortunately - I just found out that the 4 colours -  became SP 3 - then SP 4 - then V1 - then Australia  --- all by upgrade

-- and then I just bought( 5 days ago) "Australia" by mistake when all I needed was FTX AU 410 for free :banghead:

At my age - just hoping I won't have to wait too long to get my 40% discount on V2

You may want to start a support ticket explaining what you did by mistake.

I  feel like  being  a small boy again, waiting  desperately  in front of the Christmas Tree for the moment to unpack my presents. Aus v2  has all the hallmark of  the ultimate scenery.  Well Done ORBX and congratulation to his team of developers for such fine design.

Charles 

7 hours ago, jordancollins said:

Again, will ORBX update any of the current ORBX Payware Airports to match there current real-world status (rwys, gates etc)? 

No plans at this stage.

We have a huge back catalogue of products so to revisit them for updates would take considerable time and cost. 

As our development team expands we hope the extra resourcing will allow us to create new versions of these airports. 

8 hours ago, patful said:

I thought I read that they can't do landclass for XP.

Xplane is also a landclass based simulator, so landclass products can be done for Xplane. It's just that if I'm not mistaken Xplane treats landclass differently from FSX or P3D. So I'd reckon porting over a landclass product to xplane would cost a lot of time and resources and probably ORBX wants to concentrate on their True Earth product line for Xplane cause they're demand for those kind of sceneries seems to be higher than for landclass sceneries. I think there are also some good freeware offerings available for xplane like the HD and UHD Meshes by aipilotx, so you can already have a good representation of the country for free, which makes it less profitable for a company to invest in a commercial product covering the same area. Just my thoughts. 

Absolutely wonderful. Cannot wait. Looking fantastic.

Jarryd, if you're still answering questions, despite all my scouring of the Melbourne shots I can't see the Melbourne Star - folks this is our attempt at a ferris wheel :D - but still Melbourne aint Melbourne without it!!

Let me know if I've missed it somehow.

cheers

On 5/14/2019 at 2:52 AM, Guidschi said:

Hallo,

ab wann kann man die neue Version Australien v2 erwerben?

Willkommen im Forum. Dort haben wir noch keinen Veröffentlichungstermin, aber es sollte bald sein. (Entschuldigen Sie meine schlechte Übersetzung).

Thanks Jarrad, very exciting news ☺️.

Hey can I ask where you got the RAAF E-7A Wedgetail in the Darwin screenshot? I flew in the back of the Wedgetail for several years as an RAAF Air Combat Officer while it was going through flight testing in Seattle, I would LOVE to fly it in FSX..

Love your work!

Nick Thain

2 hours ago, patful said:

Any chance that Graham's AI Traffic update will be released at the same time as Australia v2?

Soon...©®

It’s essentially ready to go now, just checking full compatibility with all the new airports in AUv2 and it will be released either just before or about the same time as that package.

1 hour ago, Graham Eccleston said:

It’s essentially ready to go now, just checking full compatibility with all the new airports in AUv2 and it will be released either just before or about the same time as that package.

Woohoo! Thanks, Graham, really looking forward to this. Your traffic is the primary reason I was drawn to Orbx in the first place, and I fly exclusively in Australia and New Zealand now. Not missing Texas one bit. :)

I am sure I will follow up and purchase the scenery. Orbx FTX can't really be beat.  But I do have a question that may impact my machinge.  Will this be an install over the existing or a un-install the old and install the new?   If it is an install over the old, then when we get new hardware that may require we install everything new or (not backed up in some peoples case) will we have to install the old and then install the new?

Just asking.

15 hours ago, Graham Eccleston said:

Graham, just wanted to let you know that IMHO your AI traffic package is way  superior to any commercially available Addons. I was pretty disappointed with UT Live in Australia and finally decided to try your traffic a few months ago and I was gobsmacked at how much life it breathes into even the most remote regions of Australia. My eye opening moment was a flight from ORBX Bundaberg to Ant's Lady Elliot Island in my Just Flight BN-2 Islander where I encountered two other BN-2 Islanders parked beside the dirt strip. I never had expected to see AI traffic in such a location. 

Why was Sydney City and surrounds missing from the screenshots? I'm going to upgrade to V2 in any case - but Adelaide, Brisbane and Melbourne - all featured - but not Australia's premier Capital city.......hmmm

Wow you guys are crazy, that looks as good as the TrueEarth products, but with newest OpenLC tech. Cant wait for Africa after seeing this :D

Its funny tho, first I didnt saw the slider on the screens and I was like are you kidding me? Whats the improvement? But then I moved the sliders to the left and I was like HOLY Wow :D

1 hour ago, XCLTM3 said:

Why was Sydney City and surrounds missing from the screenshots? I'm going to upgrade to V2 in any case - but Adelaide, Brisbane and Melbourne - all featured - but not Australia's premier Capital city.......hmmm

I'm sure they'll reveal Sydney soon. Probably needs some finishing touches. 

5 hours ago, HiFlyer99 said:

Wow you guys are crazy, that looks as good as the TrueEarth products, but with newest OpenLC tech. Cant wait for Africa after seeing this :D

Its funny tho, first I didnt saw the slider on the screens and I was like are you kidding me? Whats the improvement? But then I moved the sliders to the left and I was like HOLY Wow :D

Hi,

I have changed the Colorful Metaphor to Wow. Please do not think it is ok to swear here, as excited as you may be.

Thanks

Richard

Archived