Australia V2 for P3D and FSX: Official Announcement!

14 hours ago, badapple said:

I am sure I will follow up and purchase the scenery. Orbx FTX can't really be beat.  But I do have a question that may impact my machinge.  Will this be an install over the existing or a un-install the old and install the new?   If it is an install over the old, then when we get new hardware that may require we install everything new or (not backed up in some peoples case) will we have to install the old and then install the new?

Just asking.

As stated. AUv2 is a stand-alone product and as such absolutely no other Orbx products are required.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CityScapes are expensive and labour intensive to produce, and usually sold as stand alone products by both Orbx and  other vendors in many cases, purely to recoup costs.

There is no CityScape added to Sydney, so it won’t be much improved over V1.

However, we decided to add a substantial CityScape Melbourne to AUV2 which could have been a stand-alone product, but we wanted to add significant value to this release.

As such, expect to see CityScape Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Hobart to be released separately in the future.

22 minutes ago, bruce e said:

As stated. AUv2 is a stand-alone product and as such absolutely no other Orbx products are required.

but  do  we  need  to uninstall   v1  first before installing  v2

Its great to hear that the CityScape's will be following later. You are making a fantastic area to fly in even better. Thankyou for all your hard work and effort.

Ken

51 minutes ago, John Venema said:

CityScapes are expensive and labour intensive to produce, and usually sold as stand alone products by both Orbx and  other vendors in many cases, purely to recoup costs.

There is no CityScape added to Sydney, so it won’t be much improved over V1.

However, we decided to add a substantial CityScape Melbourne to AUV2 which could have been a stand-alone product, but we wanted to add significant value to this release.

As such, expect to see CityScape Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Hobart to be released separately in the future.

Perth is left out again.

19 minutes ago, Bluebelle said:

Perth is left out again.

Perth is most definitely not getting ignored... please refer to my comments earlier in this thread. 

On 5/14/2019 at 6:59 PM, Jarrad Marshall said:

I also think at this point it is fair to say that my current project is a fairly open secret, though I am not quite ready to preview it, I'm very sorry :)

On 5/13/2019 at 3:24 PM, Ticker7 said:

This looks amazing but what about Perth has it had anything done to either the airport or the city as all we currently have is jandakot unlike Melbourne which this will be the third revamp since it came out, do the developers not think it warrants a makeover?

yes i live in perth too so i hope they havent forgot us lol

6 hours ago, John Venema said:

Well, dear brothers and sisters simmers, I can honestly say:

"heaven for humanity and Orbx for Simmers" !

PS: fortunately, there is no need to pass away to get into Kangaroo v2's Eden (phew -_-!)... With no doubt the new master piece of ORBX's flightsim world...

BUT I'M DYING AWAITING THE RELEASE DATE TO ASCENDING IN IT Ange.png.5d8facf78ab4f3ab2e56a48e46b1a2bc.png ...

Cheers :D !

" There is no CityScape added to Sydney, so it won’t be much improved over V1. "

That's a bit sad, but think on that when Sydney cityscape is done it will be magic,  and worth the wait, (unless it's after I kick the Bucket:(). Terry.

On 5/13/2019 at 5:42 PM, tennyson said:

Hey Guys.

Congrats on such a wonderful achievement. So many of the best artists in the industry there.

I honestly believe the last time I was so excited over a sim release was the original Tamworth. It was ground breaking and you guys have continued to raise the bar ever since.

I am almost finished a very intense upgrade of my cockpit to a beautiful shiny new Boeing 737 Max 8 and this will be my pride and joy in the new cockpit!

Can't wait to show all of my friends this masterpiece...

Frank

Installing a working and fit for purpose MCAS on your Sim?

I take a break from simming for a few months now and then to pursue my other love, race sims. I have all the airports in Aus but for sure despite the great takeoffs and landings I've always found the region to be lackluster, especially as crossing the continent involves multi hour flights with dull scenery and zero smaller airports to tour around. So finally having a region like you do in the US and Europe where you can just drop off the map and lay low criss crossing the continent via the smaller VFR strips will being Aus alive gain for me. One question, as an F1 fan will the current Melbourne F1 track Albert Park be shown in detail? Cos I'd love to do a fly over before the start of the race!

:D

Bring it on guys, be nice to have something also FSX compatible too, for us entertainment loving simmers!

2 hours ago, Sloppysmusic said:

I take a break from simming for a few months now and then to pursue my other love, race sims. I have all the airports in Aus but for sure despite the great takeoffs and landings I've always found the region to be lackluster, especially as crossing the continent involves multi hour flights with dull scenery and zero smaller airports to tour around. So finally having a region like you do in the US and Europe where you can just drop off the map and lay low criss crossing the continent via the smaller VFR strips will being Aus alive gain for me. One question, as an F1 fan will the current Melbourne F1 track Albert Park be shown in detail? Cos I'd love to do a fly over before the start of the race!

:D

Bring it on guys, be nice to have something also FSX compatible too, for us entertainment loving simmers!

......dull scenery and zero smaller airports to tour around.........

you have obviously missed all the freeware small airports and dirt bush strips that were available from OZx. I think over 300 with many of payware quality. Funny that!

What a wonderful feeling! It's like and old, almost forgotten, friend suddenly visited you with a bunch of good news.

Hopefully this project will bring back the focus and interest onto this amazing, unique continent.

Just don't forget the kangaroos roving the fields, please ...

Looks awesome. Can't wait!

BTW, Morton Island in QLD (v1) could sure do with adding the highly-visited lighthouse on the Northern tip, and the very popular wrecks near the resort on the south tip. These are HUGE visitor draws to that beautiful island.

I bet you already added those, right? ;)

On 5/13/2019 at 3:17 AM, Bram Stikkel said:

Looking absolutely great !
I have a request and a question
1. Because Australia v2 comes with mesh, could you by that time, add instructions about which files of FS Global products should be de-activated.. Just switching off Oceania, would affect other area's too.
2. How about the compatability of the OZx addons? With so many new airports, I could imagine, there is going to be some overlap.

Thanks for your replies.
Bram Stikkel

On 5/14/2019 at 6:59 AM, Jarrad Marshall said:

1. For sure. AUv2 is designed to be a totally stand-alone product; no other mesh/vector/landclass product will improve on what we've got included in this package. 

2. We've been in touch with a few of the OzX developers (who you will see are also active on the forums) - once the product is released we'll be facilitating them as they look at any potential issues.  

Cheers,

Jarrad

Bram's question was not answered. This is a huge issue for me as well. Please offer some scripts or make part of the installer for AU V2 to disable the relevant files in FS Global Ultimate NG and earlier FS Global products so that your new mesh is used without being forced to disable larger areas of FS Global Mesh.  I love my FS Global  and it would be a deal breaker for me if no mechanism was provided somewhere to allow both AU V2 and FSGU to coexist without disabling all of FSGU Oceania.

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Bram and ArjunaZ, both FSX and P3D will default to the highest level mesh no matter how many meshes you have or what order you have your mesh products in the Scenery Library. I have a number of Orbx products with their own dedicated mesh and I also have Pilots FSGlobal 2010 mesh. I have never had to disable any part of FSGlobal because as I say mesh is the one part that defaults to the highest detail.

Yeah the mesh information are in the FTX_AU files and they've a higher priority than FSGlobal 2010 or NG Ultimate mesh. So the FS Global mesh will be "overwritten" when you load an AU scenery.  You dont have to disable anything.

On 5/19/2019 at 9:40 AM, ArJunaZ said:

Bram's question was not answered. This is a huge issue for me as well. Please offer some scripts or make part of the installer for AU V2 to disable the relevant files in FS Global Ultimate NG and earlier FS Global products so that your new mesh is used without being forced to disable larger areas of FS Global Mesh.  I love my FS Global  and it would be a deal breaker for me if no mechanism was provided somewhere to allow both AU V2 and FSGU to coexist without disabling all of FSGU Oceania.

Thanks,

Jim

Hello Jarrad and Jim (ArjunaZ),
Thanks for your replies. Sorry for not responding quicker, I miss things, sometimes.
Great to hear there will be communication about the OZx addons with the devellopers. They also devellop great addons!

Jim's request to create an automatic switch off function for the overlapping MESH files, is a great idear. Mayby not so difficult to create and a great improvement compared with manually switching off the relevant FSGlobal meshfiles. Maybe add this option to the productconfiguration section?

Thanks both !
Bram

22 hours ago, Bassman said:

Hi Bram and ArjunaZ, both FSX and P3D will default to the highest level mesh no matter how many meshes you have or what order you have your mesh products in the Scenery Library. I have a number of Orbx products with their own dedicated mesh and I also have Pilots FSGlobal 2010 mesh. I have never had to disable any part of FSGlobal because as I say mesh is the one part that defaults to the highest detail.

Hi Bassman,
Thanks for your reply. I think, with GSGlobal 2010, there will not be issues, but with the more detailed FSGlobal products there sometimes are.
Example: at Tapini a FSGlobal Ultimate mesh tile must be deactivated because it causes meshproblems there.
As far as I understand, when having two meshproducts active, simply the highest points are visible. So, a more detailed meshproduct, does not neccesarily have to be at all locations higher then a less refined mesh-addon. That's why it can be neccesary to switch of parts of FSGlobal.

Greetings,
Bram Stikkel

Hi Bram, I hear what you are saying however I believe that a higher level mesh does not just pick up highest points, there are actually more points over which the textures or landclass are "draped" i.e. instead of having points at every 64 meters square you might have points at every 32 meters square. Anyway, the probability of having a mesh conflict is so low that it should not be a deal breaker to purchase AuV.2.:)

I've been to Orbx Direct to try to buy this darned program (Australia version 2) but all I can find is promotional material.  How frustrating!   I do want to buy it - even if Sydney isn't covered as well as Melbourne - but I just can't find the download site for version 2.   I already have version 1.  Pls tell me how to find the download.

11 minutes ago, Gunster411 said:

I've been to Orbx Direct to try to buy this darned program (Australia version 2) but all I can find is promotional material.  How frustrating!   I do want to buy it - even if Sydney isn't covered as well as Melbourne - but I just can't find the download site for version 2.   I already have version 1.  Pls tell me how to find the download.

Hey Gunster - I don’t believe it’s released yet.  There will be a release announcement fairly (maybe) soon.  Until then salivating is allowed....

6 minutes ago, Gunster411 said:

AUS v2 has not yet been released so join the rest of us, I reckon the queue is about 10 miles long by now!

Some say it will be released in June others say August but its anybodies guess LOL

18 minutes ago, gpickup said:

Hey Gunster - I don’t believe it’s released yet.  There will be a release announcement fairly (maybe) soon.  Until then salivating is allowed....

Thanks for that info.   Now I don't feel so bad.   I can salivate with the best of them.  Gunster

20 minutes ago, bruce e said:

AUS v2 has not yet been released so join the rest of us, I reckon the queue is about 10 miles long by now!

Some say it will be released in June others say August but its anybodies guess LOL

Thanks for the quick reply. It's 2 am here and I was forgetting that you lot in the UK would out and about now.  I wasn't expecting a reply for hours.

re the new scenery, I thought the email I got said it was available, but it looks like I goofed.   Thanks.

Gunster

Archived