Australia V2 for P3D and FSX: Official Announcement!

As you know Ozx area  are out of download today ......!

have you include the area of it in this version with  the libs etc ?? all in one ..!

Aussiex the  spearhead of ORBX 

best regards

Patrick

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, pmb said:

Thanks Jarrad, that's certainly an announcement a lot of us have been waiting for. The pix, notably the before-after-pix, prove you have done a great work.

Given you make this announcement, may I ask if you were involved in the project yourself?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

You will find the team members in Jarrad's announcement post.

26 minutes ago, shane280172 said:

Just a couple of questions, I have recently downloaded all or the Ozx Scenery. What happens to those? Will anything Orbx does just overwrite it? Finally will this release fix the YBBN slowness?

@shane280172

If OZx is above Aus v2 in the scenery library, I'm fairly sure you will still see OZx scenery instead of the Aus v2 scenery/airfields. Whether they will destructively clash or not, I'm unsure.

My plan is to turn OZx off and have a good explore, then compare (where applicable) and enable or disable particular OZx  or ORBX scenery where needs to be.

There are some real gems amongst OZx that are likely to be a step up on Aus v2 upgrades, so I strongly believe it's worth keeping OZx on hand!

Andrew

15 minutes ago, wolfko said:

You will find the team members in Jarrad's announcement post.

Yes, I saw them, but was puzzled as Jarrad made the announcement. After all, he's certainly one of the best ORBX developers himself.

Kind regards, Michael

I was looking at this on my iPad, it looks fantastic by the way, but and don’t know if this is a problem but I expanded the Australia map, the coverage map for closer look at the airports and I couldn’t get back from there, not to Orbx or anything. In the end had to restart my iPad. Just a warning. Derek.

MINT!!

1 hour ago, shane280172 said:

Just a couple of questions, I have recently downloaded all or the Ozx Scenery. What happens to those? Will anything Orbx does just overwrite it? 

You'll need to do a bit of tweaking as a number of POI from OZx will need to be removed...Airports should be fine as long as they are above AUSv2 

Looking very good. I purchased the very 1st OZ on disc way back, when VOZ became Orbx and it cost me, including P&P to England and I still have the disc "125.00 GBs" So I hope I don't see any moaners about the price for OZ as i have seen from one of our American cousins.

Wow !!! That's unreal ! Thank you so much ORBX for how you was  changed flight simulation scenery and how you keep pushing the boundary of realism to extraordinary levels ! Thank you also for thinking your previous customers and offering this discount. Total respect to ORBX. 

I'm speechless :wub: !

But... Where are the kangaroo ??? !?

Anyway, I bet after seeing all these preview screenshots, most of us would want to be ressuscitated as a kangaroo :D !!!!!

See you in the sky... Future Kangaroo V2's owners as me ;) !

Cheers !

Outstanding. Absolutely 1st day upgrade for me.

But since it's my home strip, gonna speak up for it. Not sure if your interactive map is out of date (the 'google maps thing') but Sunshine Coast Airport changed from YBMC -> YBSU long ago.

Speechless.... and to think I was actually just saying to myself not to buy anymore new addons (got way more than I'll every be able to fly to as it is already). With that 40% discount and these screenshots, you've already convinced me to buy this on Day 1 :D 

Huge, huge, and huge.

As it seems to contain both vector and AEC components will the installation instructions be more than just simple over-write arrangements?  Shouldn't bother asking but I am just salivating at getting this installed. I suppose Gold Coast, YBBN and YMML and all our other addon airports will need to be reinstalled as well.  Happy days.

Oh my. Can't wait. Will this use the new Orbx Central to install? I reinstalled Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago, and saw that LM would release an updated 4.5 soon, so I haven't even installed P3D yet. If I'll have the option to install Australia v2 and my other ORBX scenery to another location, I'll likely hold off until Central is ready. Will Central come out first?

R.I.P Neil Hill , thank you .

Sensational news guys , do you have a pre payment option :rolleyes:

That look so wicked , Love the slide over comparisons as well ..

Better hurry and get my plane home :)

Ps , could you guys release the google overlay kmz in the read me folder .

PPS , Will ftx central come before release so we dont have to move the install . buying regardless just wondering ?

1 hour ago, mrd0ct0r said:

But since it's my home strip, gonna speak up for it. Not sure if your interactive map is out of date (the 'google maps thing') but Sunshine Coast Airport changed from YBMC -> YBSU long ago.

Flightsim being an old engine still see's it as YBMC unfortunately, there is a work around by creating a dummy afcad named YBMC then creating YBSU which I did for my OZx sunshine coast scenery but it also means you have to update a lot of Ai flightplans if you use Ai as they still use the old YBMC..

Same reason why Coffs harbour is YSCH rather then YCFS in flightsim

With Aus V2, the plans for the other national airports may soon come out to play? And any updates to existing airports?

I see YPPH on the dev map... us Perthites have been waiting like monks for Perth Airport for over 20 years....

This is probably the most awaited release of the year....I know its an instant download for me. :D

Is there an official list of the airports included yet and/or any official detail on whether it plays nicely with the OzX airports. 

37 minutes ago, Aussiesky said:

How about Perth airport and its surroundings? 

I'm sure Jarrad is from Perth (Sandgroper!) and a while back he was talking about a Perth scenery after the project he was working on.

Maybe it's a surprise and he's gonna unwrap it as well.....

Frank

Just brilliant!
The Melbourne CBD, Great Barrier Reef and Adelaide Salt Lakes images are unreal. And the rest aren't bad either
The slider images showing the differences between v1 and v2 are like night and day - fantastic effort by the team!

Can I ask to see Sydney CBD, the Three Sisters, and the Twelve Apostles plus London Bridge arch in a future set of preview shots please?

An excited Pom,
F737NG

Archived