FTX AU AI Traffic Update

The next version of the FTX AU AI Traffic pack is nearing completion so I feel it is time to release some of the content and features to be included in this major update.

Flight plans have been completely rewritten for all Australian airlines in line with actual schedules for July/August 2018 along with fly in/fly out schedules for the various mining operations in West Australia and Queensland. The new Qantas direct 787 flight between Perth and London has been included as well as the new routing for flights from Australia to the UK via Singapore instead of Dubai.  Some International Airliner schedules have been updated as well. Aircraft types and models used by the various Airlines have also been updated in this process.

Many AI models used in this package have been updated to include improved animations and gloss levels in the sim. Latest liveries have been used for both airliners and GA aircraft. Many airlines are now adding in-flight wifi so wifi domes have been added to airliners where appropriate.

Here are some screen shots.

CTlheY5.jpg

bQLz9XW.jpg

mO5JHCo.jpg

This update will include a number of new aircraft models including some developed exclusively for the FTX AU AI Traffic pack.

0n8NUYS.jpg

OYNiQKV.jpg

b6ukZUs.jpg

z2OGKNM.jpg

20zexTt.jpg

Aircraft lighting has also been updated with custom lights added for taxi lights as well as improvements to the light emissive mode implemented via the use of LUA scrips. These changes are much more FPS friendly than the default P3D Landing lights when using Dynamic Lighting.

0GMVT7L.jpg

The most significant change for this release is the addition of military AI traffic for all current RAAF aircraft as well as some RNZAF aircraft.

NYu9KG2.jpg

N6jqDCS.jpg

IIMbxHf.jpg

AHKR7FZ.jpg

QVdVgzK.jpg

HeBZDLI.jpg

TJ9uChT.jpg

The Military section can be activated or deactivated by the user via FTX Central.

It should be noted that this update will be for P43D V4 only. The task of maintaining this package for multiple flight simming platforms is becoming just too cumbersome given the size and scope of the project

I cannot give a firm date for release of this updated package at this time but I feel there is still a good one to two months work yet to do before the pack is ready for distribution.  

It's unbelievable what you do for the community, Graham. I use Ultimate Traffic Live for most parts of the world with mixed results, but in Australia and New Zealand I always turn it off and use your package instead. It's way ahead of Ultimate Traffic in this region, especially for the remote routes. I was pleasantly surprised to see that even the BN-2 Islanders service from Bundaberg and Hervey Bay to Lady Elliott Island was included in your last version. Thank you very much for your great work. 

Excellent news Graham and thank you so much.

Are you rewriting flight plans for NZ airlines as well?

There've been some fairly significant changes on this side of the ditch such as the Air NZ B787 Auckland-Chicago direct flight.

Air Chathams has also expanded its operations around NZ with new aircraft and new destinations.

There are also a lot more new types of GA and light sport aircraft on the scene not to mention a whole swag of corporate and privately owned business jets swanning around the country.

Wonderful news Graham!

I only use your current FTX AU AI traffic and have everything else turned off.

In my flying, I explore different parts of Australia, PNG, NZ and I am often surprised to see what unique and appropriate aircraft turns up at some of the smaller airports I visit, in my B737. You seems to have covered them all.

I also utilise Super Traffic board on a separate PC to display Arrivals and Departures. 

The exciting active environment displayed draws many comments from visitors to my cockpit.

Looking forward to the updated Military option as I occasionally fly into various military airports on circuits around Australia.

(Side Note: anyone know of an updated Williamtown/Newcastle airport? Not very happy with the current one I have. I preferred the older FS9 version)

Aussie 

11 hours ago, RCFlyer said:

Any helicopter traffic?

Danny

Not in this release but I am looking at adding helicopter AI traffic at some stage. I just need to get my head around how to make them work in the sim. I have some nice AI models and have done a few VH- paints, I just need to bring it all together. 

2 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

Excellent work again Graham. Is it only the military aircraft to be

used for P43d V4 or the entire Au package? as I only use FSX.

Cheers

Gumby

I'm sorry but it is the entire AU AI package that will be for P3D V4 only. I no longer have FSX installed and have no means to develop for that platform any longer. All the aircraft in this update have been compiled for P3D V4 only and will not work in any earlier sims.

The FTX AU AI Traffic pack I released a year or so back for FSX and earlier versions of P3D is still available for download on OrbxDirect. 

8 hours ago, cyberpilot said:

Excellent news Graham and thank you so much.

Are you rewriting flight plans for NZ airlines as well?

There've been some fairly significant changes on this side of the ditch such as the Air NZ B787 Auckland-Chicago direct flight.

Air Chathams has also expanded its operations around NZ with new aircraft and new destinations.

There are also a lot more new types of GA and light sport aircraft on the scene not to mention a whole swag of corporate and privately owned business jets swanning around the country.

New Zealand only has a few minor changes in this update but I am looking at revising all NZ flight plans later this year. I have included the new Air New Zealand Airbus A321 Neo's in this update though.

Having said that, I'll see if I can slip the Air Chathams Saab 340's into this update. 

28 minutes ago, Graham Eccleston said:

I'm sorry but it is the entire AU AI package that will be for P3D V4 only. I no longer have FSX installed and have no means to develop for that platform any longer. All the aircraft in this update have been compiled for P3D V4 only and will not work in any earlier sims.

The FTX AU AI Traffic pack I released a year or so back for FSX and earlier versions of P3D is still available for download on OrbxDirect. 

Thanks Graham for the reply. I'm thinking I may have to save and upgrade to P3D V4,

as your AI package is the only one I use. Its awesome.

cheers

Gumby

7 hours ago, Graham Eccleston said:

New Zealand only has a few minor changes in this update but I am looking at revising all NZ flight plans later this year. I have included the new Air New Zealand Airbus A321 Neo's in this update though.

Having said that, I'll see if I can slip the Air Chathams Saab 340's into this update. 

Hi Graham

I wont be able to use this since I don't have p3d. but have been looking around for the a321 paints for AIR NZ as I did some updated plans for them for myself, but none is available. are you able to share the paint somehow or would that be not possible

12 hours ago, Graham Eccleston said:

Not in this release but I am looking at adding helicopter AI traffic at some stage. I just need to get my head around how to make them work in the sim. I have some nice AI models and have done a few VH- paints, I just need to bring it all together. 

Good to hear helicopter AI is planned.  If you need some information on configuring AI helicopters I suggest you contact the good gentlemen at Return to Misty Moorings, in particular, those folks who developed the Blue Wave Energy Partners scenario.  They have an AI helicopter working in their scenery.  There are also AI helicopters in the Tongass Fjords scenery.  So, if you know any of those folks perhaps they would provide insight as well.

Looking forward to your product.

Regards,

Danny

Nice work and good to see Australia getting some new attention well done. Would be great to see the RFDS (Royal Flying Doctor Service) get some recognition as well. They are the back bone of the Aussie outback and transporting sick people to were they need to go. They are a huge imprint of the Australian way and would love to see an AI for them with the PC-12 included please?

1 hour ago, benjoglove said:

Nice work and good to see Australia getting some new attention well done. Would be great to see the RFDS (Royal Flying Doctor Service) get some recognition as well. They are the back bone of the Aussie outback and transporting sick people to were they need to go. They are a huge imprint of the Australian way and would love to see an AI for them with the PC-12 included please?

There are at least 25 individual RFDS PC-12's included in the pack, each with it's own flight plans. This is in addition to an assortment of RFDS Beechcraft King Air B200's plus some King Air B350's which are new in this update.

This is the RFDS apron at Alice Springs'

5F5o8aF.jpg

and at Cairns.

moi6MAu.jpg

18 hours ago, tennyson said:

You're a Champ, Graham.

There should have been an Australia Day Award for you....

Couldn't agree more with all of the above comments. Your dedication to our hobby is definitely worth an award.

I for one would not be flightsimming at all were it not for your superb Aus AI package, and am really looking forward to the release of the update.

It is impossible for an average simmer like me to get my head around how much time and effort must be required to produce these packages.... we are indeed grateful.

Cheers mate.

On 1/25/2019 at 9:40 AM, Graham Eccleston said:

The next version of the FTX AU AI Traffic pack is nearing completion so I feel it is time to release some of the content and features to be included in this major update.

It should be noted that this update will be for P43D V4 only. The task of maintaining this package for multiple flight simming platforms is becoming just too cumbersome given the size and scope of the project

With your comment that maintaining this package (and I assume other packages) is becoming too cumbersome for multiple platforms, would I be correct in saying that you are tending to shift your attention away from FSX (adding and updating less of the FSX packages) in favour of P3D.?

I am just wondering if I should really start to consider the purchase of a new computer and switch over to P3D.. (not my preferred option)

Cheers,

Lance.

33 minutes ago, Lance Arnold said:

With your comment that maintaining this package (and I assume other packages) is becoming too cumbersome for multiple platforms, would I be correct in saying that you are tending to shift your attention away from FSX (adding and updating less of the FSX packages) in favour of P3D.?

I am just wondering if I should really start to consider the purchase of a new computer and switch over to P3D.. (not my preferred option)

Cheers,

Lance.

Graham mentioned earlier, he is no longer developing anything for FSX, so looks like P3D for you my friend:smile:

On 1/29/2019 at 11:48 AM, Aussieflyer38 said:

Graham mentioned earlier, he is no longer developing anything for FSX, so looks like P3D for you my friend:smile:

Cheers for that.

Looks my wish for a holiday this year have just been shattered, a new computer it must be.

And maybe a few drinks under a beach umbrella in my back yard instead of the glorious beaches of Kuta..

On 1/27/2019 at 12:08 PM, Graham Eccleston said:

There are at least 25 individual RFDS PC-12's included in the pack, each with it's own flight plans. This is in addition to an assortment of RFDS Beechcraft King Air B200's plus some King Air B350's which are new in this update.

This is the RFDS apron at Alice Springs'

5F5o8aF.jpg

and at Cairns.

moi6MAu.jpg

Awesome work mate, much appreciated.

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 2:56 PM, Lance Arnold said:

Cheers for that.

Looks my wish for a holiday this year have just been shattered, a new computer it must be.

And maybe a few drinks under a beach umbrella in my back yard instead of the glorious beaches of Kuta..

Could be worse mate, you have some pretty nice beaches in WA, and the upside a new rig and more new software to upload :lol:

Don 

On 1/26/2019 at 8:22 AM, Aussie123 said:

(Side Note: anyone know of an updated Williamtown/Newcastle airport? Not very happy with the current one I have. I preferred the older FS9 version)

Aussie 

This is one that I know of, have a scroll through. All are probably a significant update if you only have the default. Lawrence is doing some nice work for the Aussie airbases.

https://flightsimdev.com/downloads/

Andrew

11 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Could be worse mate, you have some pretty nice beaches in WA, and the upside a new rig and more new software to upload :lol:

Don 

Yeah, you are right Don. Maybe a week in Dunsborough instead of Bali. But the idea of a whole suite of software to install is not an enjoyable prospect.

Oh well. the sacrifices we make..

Archived