Australia V2 for P3D and FSX: Official Announcement!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:20 PM, Lance Arnold said:

I came to the same conclusion Brad. After Graham alluded to this matter in regards to his "AU AI package" being only for P3Dv4 only and he will no longer be doing FSX support, it seems as though FSX titles are being scaled back on ORBx.

I have been running FSX SP2 on a Dual 2.8 for the last 9 years and have come to the realisation that if I wish to have more ORBx scenery, then I have to update my system and the flight sim as well. (I am reliably advised that all my previous FSX titles will easily transfer over to P3D?)

Hi Lance,  Yep, been using FS since it was first released 1982... when P3D came along I thought yeah yeah wont be as good as FS... well, I was wrong there... very wrong now… LOL... now with MS releasing a new one again in 2020 it might be the next step, but what MS says they are going to do and what they actually do are two different things... Worked in IT all my life and well before MS was heard of... and I don't trust 'press releases' from them... LH a trust more... but lets hope they deliver what they advertise...

Most stuff works in P3D, if it doesn't there are heaps to stuff to replace it with... I've just gone VR, fantastic but it's not quite there yet... can't bring up things like the ATC window etc so have to keep taking off the headset... but wonderful to fly with in good scenery areas!

Welcome to P3D :-)  get PTA too...or something similar too, make the experience SO much better!

Regards...

Brad

H Brad, I notice SciSimmer did a video with VR and loved it BUT it had NO outside shots while airborne.    Come to think of it, I have never seen comments about VR in external airborne views.Why is that?   As I am interested in purchasing VR, I wonder if it is a good idea.   What is your external experience?  BigglesG

That just looks absolutely amazing. 

For myself I can only imagine. I only use Xplane 11.

Are there any plans to release an Xplane version in my lifetime? :)

Kind regards 

On 6/9/2019 at 7:39 PM, Flukey said:

They never mentioned any other cityscape being apart of this packaging except for Melbourne so dont know what people expected!!

I think a bit of the disappointment lays in the fact, that unlike Melbourne which is around 20 km from Tullamarine and a little less for Essendon, Adelaide airport is located around 5km from the city and on final, the flight path takes you within about 2km of the city centre and the view from the left side is one of the great landing views anywhere, with St Peters cathedral, the iconic Adelaide Oval, Torrens and the Festival Centre right below the aircraft. Depending on the departure, as I have quite a few times in real life, the slot is straight over the centre of the city. I think all anybody was looking for was a fair representation. The pre-release shots of Parafield were great.

I am very interested in details of an Adelaide cityscape, and I hope somebody will post some screenies of Adelaide as it exists. I am yet to update my version 1. Here is the view on final;

My 2c.

Cheers

aerial-adelaide-.jpg

Well done on Australia V2 though it would be nice to see a bit of attention applied to Jandakot as it stands now about 2/3 of it is almost unrecognisable due to the extensive development both in and around the airport since this was released 10 years ago.

Please do a v2 and maybe port it to x plane please so we can fly to your awesome Broome airport please and enjoy the flight up the coast on Aus v2.

Archived