Australia V2 for P3D and FSX: Official Announcement!

3 hours ago, bruce e said:

Some say it will be released in June others say August but its anybodies guess LOL

Ugh! Who said August? I'm currently flying around default Australia and New Zealand waiting for v2 and the new Orbx Central. Grim to say the least. I have nice clean Windows 10 and P3D 4.5 installs, and I'm counting on Orbx Central to keep it clean, so I'm holding off installing anything.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bruce, thanks for your comments.  I suggest that you grab the New Zealand scenery while the sale is on- It's superb!   I guess we'll both just have to wait for the new Australian scenery.  What is your local airfield?   Mine is Port Macquarie, NSW.

11 hours ago, patful said:

Ugh! Who said August? I'm currently flying around default Australia and New Zealand waiting for v2 and the new Orbx Central. Grim to say the least. I have nice clean Windows 10 and P3D 4.5 installs, and I'm counting on Orbx Central to keep it clean, so I'm holding off installing anything.

Think of it this way, we’ e been waiting since day 1of Orbx’s very first partial release of FTX AU all those years ago (which I vaguely remember buying) so what’s a few more days, weeks, months LOL. 

Nothing new on the horizon for NZ so I,d get it now while the sale is on, it,s a beaut 

I am the same as you - I am just a 'flightsim tragic' who has both P3D and XPlane on my PC.   I want to see flightsim progress, but I have no influence on either platform or the scenery produced.  When you say 'you guys should....', I have no idea what you are meaning.  Do you think we have some influence that you don't?

5 hours ago, bruce e said:

Nothing new on the horizon for NZ so I,d get it now while the sale is on, it,s a beaut 

I have everything New Zealand, just holding off on installing until the shiny new Orbx Central comes out.

12 hours ago, muso7 said:

Do you think there will be a long wait before we see an X-plane 11 version?
Great work guys

Pete :-)

I may be wrong but I think ORBX stated that they won't release landclass based sceneries for Xplane, only their True Earth product line. Things may change, however I think even if they do produce landclass sceneries for xplane someday it's not their highest priority. 

2 hours ago, Gunster411 said:

I am the same as you - I am just a 'flightsim tragic' who has both P3D and XPlane on my PC.   I want to see flightsim progress, but I have no influence on either platform or the scenery produced.  When you say 'you guys should....', I have no idea what you are meaning.  Do you think we have some influence that you don't?

You mean you don't have JV's number saved on your mobile?  LOL

6 minutes ago, fabs79 said:

I may be wrong but I think ORBX stated that they won't release landclass based sceneries for Xplane, only their True Earth product line. Things may change, however I think even if they do produce landclass sceneries for xplane someday it's not their highest priority. 

They don't release any regions' enhanced airports for XP11 either, just standalone airports.

I thought that this thread was related to the new AUS from Orbx?? There are so many posts here that are negative, "why is to not?" and "why are you not doing it for this sim or that sim?.. Give it a rest guys, and stick to the subject.

I for one cannot wait to see the new AUS, but I am giving up on this thread until the release of  the scenery. Terry.

1 hour ago, Pilot said:

I have a question. Will the Canberra Cityscape will be compatible or even necessary with Australia V2 ? I'm thinking to buy now that there is still the sale if that's the case.

Hi,

Yes on both counts.

It will work with Australia V2 and it will be a much higher definition scenery than the "default" AUv2 Canberra.

On 5/16/2019 at 12:34 AM, NickThain said:

Thanks Jarrad, very exciting news ☺️.

Hey can I ask where you got the RAAF E-7A Wedgetail in the Darwin screenshot? I flew in the back of the Wedgetail for several years as an RAAF Air Combat Officer while it was going through flight testing in Seattle, I would LOVE to fly it in FSX..

Love your work!

Nick Thain

Hi Nick

Here website you can downloads for your FSX/P3D,

Payware:

https://www.precisionmanuals.com/index.html#products-section

RAAF E-7A livery:

http://barrantha.com/Repaints/index.php?/files/file/80-tdspmdg-merge-b737-700wt-e7-a-raaf-a30-006/

Addon aircraft:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2184/fsx-royal-australian-air-force-737-700wt/

cheers

Jason

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 5:14 PM, John Venema said:

No new vegetation.

Can we have kangaroos :D .

Eeeeeexcited now wont be long , I'm running out of things to buy in the sale . :D

OMG i have waited for the update even more for my home town of Adelaide I'm so looking forward to this for my p3dv4 its my birthday today and this is great News on my birthday can't wait i would also Love if after you guys at orbx could move it to xplane 11 as I use both sims  

On 5/26/2019 at 7:35 AM, JaseJ said:

I just tried to download the merge file for the Wedgetail from Kooka's repaints, but it is insisting that I need a RAAF Virtual membership to sign up.  Without this number it will not let me register, and therefore download the file.

Edit:  The site admin has corrected this error now.

Hi Scott, you replied to Nick's post asking about a download site for the Wedgetail.    some mixup here 'cos that wasn't me.   I am trying to find a download for the T-45C Goshawk that will work with P3D version 4.  (BTW, I am near YPMQ.)- neighbours.

I've just installed the new AU AI package and for the first time using the FTX Central 3,  I got a lot of errors during the install (see the picture), but going to different airports I do have ai traffic, so somehow I think it has been installed anyway. I did remove my old au ai files first. 

Even though I have the Austalia region v1, I haven't installed it, cause I'm waiting for Version 2, which looks incredible. Not having installed the AU region of course means that a lot of airports has no ai, because of mising afx/afcad, especially the military bases. So will the parking stands (military) be updated in V2, so we can see military traffic where they should be?

Jørn

Ashampoo_Snap_2019.05.27_12h49m10s_001_.jpg

Never know seeing that most of the ORBX hierarchy will be present at the FSExpo 2019 in Orlando on 8-9 June, maybe will see the release of it then. Who knows !

Having owned this scenery way back when it was 4 regions, which has been excellent scenery from the start the remake looks like it will make it brilliant..... cant wait

As an online simmer also can't wait to see how AFV performs on a large scale online demo during the expo, hopefully lot of online traffic flying into KMCO to see how it performs, albeit for those of us who live in the Great Southern Land - 11:30pm to 5:00am it will be a late night flight ..... such is life. Damn!  

On 5/26/2019 at 4:47 AM, Gunster411 said:

Hi Scott, you replied to Nick's post asking about a download site for the Wedgetail.    some mixup here 'cos that wasn't me.   I am trying to find a download for the T-45C Goshawk that will work with P3D version 4.  (BTW, I am near YPMQ.)- neighbours.

https://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/

I have no problem flying Dino's T-45 in P3Dv4, but he is working on an update for it with PBR.

1 hour ago, David Keith Blake said:

whats been done to Tasmania 

Maybe reading the first page of this post will answer your question

AUv2 FEATURE LIST

• Our largest and most popular region; 8 million sq km in full Orbx region quality
  • Ultra-HD Melbourne Cityscape
  • 370+ upgraded and 280+ all-new airports   etc

CRmh5VG.jpg

FTX Australia would have been the first region I got for then FSX, it was the first region I installed after making the change to P3DV4, and seeing these screenshots now, I AM STUNNED : this is truly AWESOME !!!  Only problem is that I'll probably have to bring my plans for a new PC forward, since my current one is already struggling a bit as it is.  SO looking forward to the release !!!

Hi Jarrad,

I reckon I'm as excited as anyone else here about what you are creating.  I can't think of any more superlatives to add!

My home field is Aldinga, YADG.  For some reason it never made it into the Microsoft product even though it is the third busiest airfield in the State.  It is also not currently in the map of features you folks are working on.  Is there any chance it will make it into the final release?

Regards,

Ian

I don't know if I am replying to Emile and/or imcdonald, but good to find others who share my region of the world and my love of flight sim as well as anticipation for Australia V2

Since selling my planes (microlight and nanolight), I have really enjoyed using the scenery produced by Orbx.   New Zealand is stunning Emile.  I was there (Auckland) 6 weeks ago and my visit was improved because I have flown using Orbx to orientate myself and view the regions featured on "Coast' on TV.    Don't be offended if I say that I think the South Island Orbx scenery is even more spectacular. 

My home airfield is YPMQ (port Macquarie, NSW) and I am interested in making contact with 'local' simmers such as  yourselves.  my email is;  kamcgunn@gmail.com  if you care to correspond.

Archived