Vale TeeCee (Terry Carr)

Ken Terry

That is really very sad news. As Terry was so quiet for a long time, I had already feared something severe had stopped him from being here.

I will continue to use the OZx add-ons he had created with love and passion, especially for Tasmania and the Pilbara. I will also fly the Tasmania route he had described many years ago, with so many personal explanations.

A pity I wasn´t able to meet him and talk about his long and colourful life, coming from York to where he found home in the last years.

Rest in peace, old mate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Saddened by this news.  He was was a great contributor to this forum, and a good friend to all of us.  He will be missed.

Condolences to his family.  He and his family and friends are In my prayers.

Ken

Edited by Ken Q
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I have known Terry for many years. We often had contact via Skype and it was always a pleasure to chat with him, often for hours because we lost track of time. He also often mentioned Ken Terry and Gerold/Stillwater.

The flight simulator meant a lot to him. However, due to his serious illness, it became increasingly difficult for him to communicate. Unfortunately the contact suddenly broke off around May 2021. I feared bad things. Unfortunately I was never able to reach him again.

My thoughts are with his family and his wife Caroline.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

I remember very shortly after I joined the forum in 2011 Terry was very quick to email me his Tasmanian airfields. Being a "newbie" I was a bit suspicious but soon realised that was his generous nature. It is no wonder he was so well liked, he was always quick to give. You'll always be missed Terry. RIP

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

RIP TeeCee.  

That is really sad news.  Terry was very generous with his time, sharing general info and files with me, and was very welcoming when I first started flightsimming and joined OzX back around 2010.  He was a genuinely helpful, generous, caring, funny guy and was at the same time not afraid to speak his mind, and did so on the forums on many occasions. 

You will be missed Terry.

Condolences to his family.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Very sad indeed to hear this not unexpected news :( Terry and I were online friends for many years going back through OZx,  VOZ, a few other Australian forums long gone, and even the days of BBS.  We both had a background in aviation and worked for some time in the Northern Territory - he in the center, me in the north - so we exchanged NT liverys and photographs for a while until neither of us could "paint" anymore.  A very generous and friendly man I was sorry to lose contact with him a few years back when I was seriously ill and when I recovered he was seriously ill as we all know.  VALE mate and commiserations to his family and friends.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

RIP Terry, you will be missed.

Great idea Gerold to share Terry's files here.

Yesterday I accidentally stumbled over this epic "Member Photo Gallery"- thread, where Terry introduces himself in the second post.

Other late fellow simmers of ours had also contributed to this topic

Unfortunately many of the pics are not accessable any more.

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Ken Terry said:

Gerold (Stillwater), are the files you show above from TeeCee for P3D or  FSX? I assume no MSFS because he never had this software.

Advise

Thanks

Ken

Sorry Ken, I just see this now. As you suspect, Terry had these files created for FSX, and they work fine in P3D. The key is having the libraries used with OZx.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1