Welcome to Samedan: the Swiss Alpine Wonder! [P3D & FSX]

20-0fddb35737993452cc4b942b718dd3b5.jpg

Welcome to the Swiss Alps. Developed by Andreas Hegi, author of LSPN Triengen Airport, get ready to explore another challenging airport in the Swiss Alps. As a popular ski resort during the winter season, Samedan Airport (LSZS) sees a vast number of general aviation traffic and private corporate jets frequent the beautiful airport. Situated in the heart of the Engadin valley, expect unsettled winds, low-visibility and plenty of turbulence. Even the most experienced of pilots will find landing at the 5,600ft above sea-level airport tough.

Samedan Airport features the same level of detail you come to expect from our airport collection. The area closest to the airport features 30cm per pixel coverage with 60cm coverage in the nearby surrounding area. Immersive 3D snow piles (in P3D only)  will form during the winter seasons and you can also enjoy dynamic lighting emitting a soft white glow on the apron floor.

Whether you’re exploring the region in a smaller aircraft or taking on the challenge of landing an A319 (which has happened in real-life), you will also be able to spot various custom hotels, churches and more from the villages of Samedan and St. Moritz. 

This unique blend of high-altitude, scenic mountains and a tough approach means that Samedan Airport is the perfect get-away from the usual busy international airports for those looking for something more exciting to try.

Do you dare take on the challenge of approaching Samedan Airport?

FEATURES

• Incredibly detailed, high definition rendition of Samedan Airport and surrounds
  • Scenic mountain landscape with glaciers, lakes and rivers all make stunning visual approaches
  • Realistic HD textures created from on-site photography to provide the most immersive experience possible
  • Visually pleasing: 30cm per pixel coverage in the closer airport area, 60cm in the surrounding area
  • Includes the villages of Samedan and St. Moritz with many custom hotels and churches - perfect for the VFR fliers
  • Thousands of hand placed autogen trees and buildings to make the area feel alive
  • 3D snow piles in winter (only P3D version)
  • Seasonal variations
  • Bonus helipad: Hospital Oberengadin
  • Dynamic night lighting (only P3D v4)
  • By veteran developer Andreas Hegi, author of the incredible LSPN Triengen Airport
  • Developed for P3D & FSX, compatible with Global Base, OpenLC Europe & Vector

COVERAGE MAP

vd6E4tp.jpg

Stay tuned for more info and previews!

63-baa40e9c9169bd80a391b000a4c7de3c.jpg

20-8957ee4b0ba81110c6bdab8536b189ca.jpg

20-8514d1824c88973ee8cf6bfaafd5a019.jpg

20-0517ae0b7711e97ee9bc7f8f924a45be.jpg

63-fdbae80843196f7acbf1bf339dfd9e25.jpg

20-7d534d2964ff9be1a6d9d2a18e5a50ee.jpg

63-1c80444bb7a72cac17cbe62813ee83b1.jpg

20-c35de68d7ea415e07f9085b94596654e.jpg

63-6b443fe4b6556a39d8ecead1078280f8.jpg

20-33ca59064bbbde5632bebfb506663e7b.jpg

63-75edcb4653f39cffa336437c7a3dda03.jpg

63-0c0e48bcfe5ed0f6b39e7b88c7112d94.jpg

63-fed3c8c26264d703eb9b7b155b4f04a9.jpg

63-561c4de926e856e3ffd75df5eb808327.jpg

63-6e963b25535ee88c95f83bb5c26d7044.jpg

63-e6cd72b87a91f4ec5b6fe47ed2a34be3.jpg

63-be97a2dcb3b7c0d944ffce85749aa186.jpg

63-c3a84e3a9ffbbb6ab06c9aa026b67c19.jpg

20-75c1f035ab12f85c36871228d20a0977.jpg

63-1a0fc598ae1ca4e349310eab63ba8f8f.jpg

3 minutes ago, petakas said:

Amazing !

Europe's highest elevation airport.

Please please release it also for P3Dv3, not all of us have upgraded to v4.

HERE you can find a visual approach chart I have created for Samedan following professional pilots' (who flies there) instructions.

A nice approach video !

It will be available for P3Dv3 too :)

Cheers,

Jarrad

2 hours ago, Dario said:

Wow! This airport seems amazing. I always thought that the snow piles of Kiruna should make their way to other airports, it adds so much to the realism sensation. 

It will be an instant buy for me! :) 

+1

It looks really very good. Next thing I buy from Orbx. At this specific moment downloading EGPH, another superb airport. What really counts is immersion, but that's more then just good graphics of course. Airplanes, ATC, weather, etc. And today I made my first steps in AI by installing AIG AI manager and downloading some flightplans of Lufthansa, Easyjet, Aer Lingus, Ryanair. And the I went to EGNX (another excellent ORBX product). I watched the Ryanair planes landing and taking off. Great to see. Just as in real life (timetable Ryanair 2019). If you don't have any experience yet with AI then I can really recommendate AIG to you. Very easy to install and to use with the OCI (One click Installer). And it's free! Why am I writing this. Well this all counts to the total immersion and I'm just not sure if that all will be implemented in the new MSFS. In the long term yes; but maybe in 3 years or longer op perhaps.

Just enjoy P3D or Xplane and maximize the immersion. By the way; AIG had not much impact on FPS on my system (GTX1080TI, dual core processor at 4,8 GHz, 16 MB RAM, SSD).

Perfect timing for this marvel to be released!

What most of you don't know, this airport is about to get IFR procedures, finally. Up until now one could only reach this airport by cancelling IFR at PELAD, and then to follow the valley visually. Bad weather often meant for the aircraft having to divert to LSZR, LSZA or even LSZH.

Now with the start of the busy winter season IFR procedures are introduced. You won't find the charts on Navigraph yet. Two approaches available:

• RNP Visual for RWY03:
    FAF at 13nm at 11800ft, resulting in a 4,49° glideslope. And: Lowest MDA at 11'400ft! 
  • RNAV GNSS for RWY21:
    FAF at 15nm at 13000ft, resulting in a 4,41° glideslope. Lowest available MDA: 8680ft - 15° offset to RWY track!
    (oh and no, the valley is not wide enough for a visual circling to RWY03 in a jet aircraft!)

So RWY21 is the better choice obviously, if winds allow. But even the lowest MDA is still 3100ft above GND, 6nm from the threshold. So still somewhat restricting in bad weather. Hope the procedures get published for the next AIRAC, they'll be so cool to fly!

As has been mentioned above, rather big CAT C aircraft can land there. The biggest one in recent times to have landed was an A320. But even A319s and B737 BBJs land there regularly. Perfect for that FSLabs thing or the future PMDG NG3.

But all that is easy compared to what you can do with your A2A pistons coupled with RealTurb: Density altitude coupled with strong winds have been deadly on a regular basis, with GA pilots having been caught by sudden rising terrain with insufficient energy to turn around. So if you ever needed a reason to justify RealTurb, this will be it!

Thanks @Jarrad Marshall for making my day with this announcement :) 

43 minutes ago, mburkhard said:

Perfect timing for this marvel to be released!

What most of you don't know, this airport is about to get IFR procedures, finally. Up until now one could only reach this airport by cancelling IFR at PELAD, and then to follow the valley visually. Bad weather often meant for the aircraft having to divert to LSZR, LSZA or even LSZH.

Now with the start of the busy winter season IFR procedures are introduced. You won't find the charts on Navigraph yet. Two approaches available:

• RNP Visual for RWY03:
    FAF at 13nm at 11800ft, resulting in a 4,49° glideslope. And: Lowest MDA at 11'400ft! 
  • RNAV GNSS for RWY21:
    FAF at 15nm at 13000ft, resulting in a 4,41° glideslope. Lowest available MDA: 8680ft - 15° offset to RWY track!
    (oh and no, the valley is not wide enough for a visual circling to RWY03 in a jet aircraft!)

So RWY21 is the better choice obviously, if winds allow. But even the lowest MDA is still 3100ft above GND, 6nm from the threshold. So still somewhat restricting in bad weather. Hope the procedures get published for the next AIRAC, they'll be so cool to fly!

As has been mentioned above, rather big CAT C aircraft can land there. The biggest one in recent times to have landed was an A320. But even A319s and B737 BBJs land there regularly. Perfect for that FSLabs thing or the future PMDG NG3.

But all that is easy compared to what you can do with your A2A pistons coupled with RealTurb: Density altitude coupled with strong winds have been deadly on a regular basis, with GA pilots having been caught by sudden rising terrain with insufficient energy to turn around. So if you ever needed a reason to justify RealTurb, this will be it!

Thanks @Jarrad Marshall for making my day with this announcement :) 

Excellent information you gave here. They will be very helpful in this new simulated flight exercise park.:)

Cheers,

Many thanks to the ORBX designer team to choose this airport for a new high level design. Images looks perfect.

I hope it will be compatible with the existing, old CHPro. Of course we still hope for a new future Swiss photoscenery similar than Austria West and East.

regards Roger 

Together with Saanen and Triegen, it will be more joy to fly in Switzerland. 

I hope Andreas will make more of them, eventually, hopefully following by an FTX region.

I understood that TE was too expensive to make due to the high price of the satellite imagery.

21 hours ago, Boctal said:

Why not for X-Plane?

The problem with doing it for XP is that OrbX could either have it with snow or without snow, but not both! Am I right in saying that with this addon for P3D, it being a seasonal simulator, the snow will be there in the winter but disappear during the summer months? There are no seasonal adjustemnts in X-Plane 11.

It is an amazing airport and scenery. Terrific choice, I just enjoyed my first flight in it. Many thanks Andreas for all the work you put into it. I took a flight down to LSZL Locarno airport (mixed civil and military) and the entire flight, along the valleys was terrific. LSZL would definitely also be a good choice for a future addon in the possible Orbx Alps region.

21 hours ago, BrianV said:

It is an amazing airport and scenery. Terrific choice, I just enjoyed my first flight in it. Many thanks Andreas for all the work you put into it. I took a flight down to LSZL Locarno airport (mixed civil and military) and the entire flight, along the valleys was terrific. LSZL would definitely also be a good choice for a future addon in the possible Orbx Alps region.

Thanks for your comment, Brian! Much appreciated. Thanks for your suggestion to head next - time will tell.

Cheers

Andreas

Archived