MSFS 2024

paulk

Now that they've finally started releasing good add-ons, they're announcing a new simulator and the whole story begins again. 

For now, I'm holding off on purchasing any additional add-ons until it becomes clear if they will be available and how they will work in the new simulator. The ones I have are more than sufficient for me

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Watching the trailer there is nowt for me in it so far as time goes on more things will be shown.

2020 I don't think has reached its potential yet and I don't know what will happen to this and will your add ons work in the new sim a lot of questions to be answered as we move along we will have to wait and see.

Now then if the trailer is all its going to be just a collection of different pilot jobs it might only be an add on remember FSX and Acceleration back in the day we will have to wait and see.

After spending a lot of money on premium I don't like to think After the short time it's been out it will be finished and 2024 take over and we have to start all over again but let's wait and see this is just my personal view on this subject. 

cheers 

Iain 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

Watching the trailer there is nowt for me in it so far as time goes on more things will be shown.

2020 I don't think has reached its potential yet and I don't know what will happen to this and will your add ons work in the new sim a lot of questions to be answered as we move along we will have to wait and see.

Now then if the trailer is all its going to be just a collection of different pilot jobs it might only be an add on remember FSX and Acceleration back in the day we will have to wait and see.

After spending a lot of money on premium I don't like to think After the short time it's been out it will be finished and 2024 take over and we have to start all over again but let's wait and see this is just my personal view on this subject. 

cheers 

Iain 

They are describing it as a sequel, not an expansion 

Edited by Drazkul
  • Like 2

Until MS really clarify what’s coming it’s just marketing hype. It looks like an addon but maybe not free! There’s a lot to fix in its current iteration which we were lead to believe came with 10 years of support/development. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Looking at all the footage from the trailer I was nothing but blown out by all of the amazing content.. but now I am just don't know anymore what I was really looking at.

If this is going to be a new game the only way I could accept it if the MSFS will be discontinued all together and ASOBO will make sure that all of our addons are compatible with the new Sim. That will be somehow of a bitter-sweet outcome, because as good as they can try, the things will break, and that's for sure. Of course, the FS24 should also be given for free for all of their previous customers.

The best outcome for me would be this being a new DLC, with the things like the new environment engine being a free upgrade for everyone and additional content will be a paid upgrade. So, FS24 might be just a rebrand of FS2020 kinda like GOTY was.

Now the worst outcome.. FS24 is a brand new game, the team split between the two Sims. One suffers from aging graphics, lacks of support and development and content while other getting milked to its fullest. Your only optional is to own two games that are sharing GB's of the exactly same data - just under the different engine. At this point the whole MSFS is like an Apple, everything looks neat and nicely designed but you need separate Sims if you want to enjoy different things, instead of the base Sim being a sandbox and meeting point for all the different kinds of Simmers. R.I.P. The "One sky" philosophy as well..

Fingers crossed the 3rd option wont came to be the reality. 😷

Edited by Flyer2022
  • Like 2

I wonder what this announcement has meant to the makers of addons? Is it stop all current development until they know what's required, or have they already received advice regarding compatibility?

If it looks good, I'll probably buy it, but we all know that we don't just stop at buying the sim. I reckon I could have bought a business-class airfare from Australia to Europe and return for all the scenery and aircraft I've bought. Well, maybe not, but you know what I'm saying!

Will there be a discount for owners of MSFS 2020?

Oh well, let the information drip feed commence!

Edited by tigermothpilot
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

And then Lockheed Martin comes along with a new P3D that blows Microsoft out of the water. BWAHAAHAAHAA.🙃

I sure hope so!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Will Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 be a completely standalone sequel, or will it also be offered as a paid update for existing players? 

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 is a standalone simulator and the next-generation sequel to Microsoft Flight Simulator that launched in 2020. Current aircraft and airports that are in Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), as well as virtually all Marketplace add-ons, will be supported in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024.

What kind of support can Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) players expect to see once Flight Simulator 2024 has been released? 

We will continue to deliver our Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) Roadmap which has content ranging from Aircraft and Avionics Updates, Sim Updates, City and World Updates, and also the free Dune DLC. We will continue to support Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) post the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 launch.

Will all purchases users have made from the Marketplace be transferrable to the new simulator?

With very few exceptions, virtually all add-ons that work in Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) today will function in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024. Add-ons that were purchased from the in-simulator Marketplace will not need to be re-purchased in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-2024-faq/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Well this was a bit of a surprise, seems early to, I thought something like this would have been announced at the Expo.

I am wondering if it's a bit like how train SIM appears to be updated regularly and sometimes previous owners get a free core update.

Hopefully over the next few weeks we'll get more information and have a better idea of how the future is going to pan out.

Problem or concerns I have is if you stuck with 2020 but you could only use offline mode, then you would need to update.

Exciting times maybe ahead but we need a clearer picture for sure, also it seems to have surprised a lot of developers too.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

just read a small FAQ that has been released, they say all addons 'SHOULD' work with '24, that's just a standard phrase we always hear, however what stands out more to me is the fact that anything bought from Marketplace will not have to be bought again, that's interesting, are they trying to push more for us to use this form of purchase? we shall see......be nice to get more info but maybe Expo will be full of big announcements.....

• Like 2

because MSFS has been such a success, I understand why they are leveraging it in the Xbox/GamePass showcase arena,

the very recent FAQ update has helped clarify things,

none of us would like wasted $investment into MSFS of the past few years…

would be happy to $‘update’ to an enhanced base simulator engine that would fund a better experience with the latest technology - whilst retaining a great deal of backward compatibility…

VR enhancements would also be most welcome :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

And then Lockheed Martin comes along with a new P3D that blows Microsoft out of the water. BWAHAAHAAHAA.🙃

Comical statement here. Maybe in 2040 Then the 5 P3D users left will rejoice.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

DeJa'Vu !! - all the above reminds me of all the suppositions that came out in June 2020 - 3rd party blokes would go broke -

what about our Orbx investments in P3D (who?) - can't trust Microsoft!! - speculation galore

What bit I saw of this video  -just seems to expand some of the latest Recue /Firefighting aspects of the current sim - based on 

the new Helicopter surge in use since SU 12- and whoooha !!!! - even a 747 fighting fires:o

Do you really think that developers like Orbx - PDMG - Just Flight- etc.  - didn't know about this before announcing the recent aircraft

developments??

Slow down fellows! - stop surmising negative thoughts - and just enjoy the best simulator since sliced bread - and accept development

to something better - and await a proper announcement - that is not created by the spin guys  - for the annual X box bean feast

• Like 5

I'd expect a detailed announcement at FSExpo.  I wouldn't worry much at all.... they just released a pretty cool trailer with some specific, bespoke mission content and probably should have had a statement ready for the current users to avoid the totally insane speculation and accusations I'm seeing in the forums and FB groups. I had to log off and take an aspirin :P

If purchases and progress transfer seamlessly, we're all good. 

• Like 4

yeah I can't really believe some of the comments I am seeing elsewhere, I sort of get the feeling that maybe Microsoft looking at MSFS in a similar way to Windows, 10 year support cycle with new versions every 4 or 5 years whilst continued support for the old version until 2029 comes out...nothing has changed though, it all still works and we can all go fly our favourite planes in our favourite places...as for developers they'll follow the sales, and why wouldn't you, it makes commercial sense...I anticipate more info later this month....

• Like 4

I think this is really fun news. The cycle continues, as always. Add-ons will be portable, you just don't know the amount of work you have to spend to make it happen. 

Kinda reveiling, too, regarding the reactions over at FSElite. People are truly blind.

• Like 4

It's become pretty clear in the last 24 hours that most of what we have - 2020-  will be ok for the New ? Sim - but one question I have does not seem

to have been asked - or speculated on - is - HOW will these softwares be installed in 2024??

Will it be a closed shop setup - as is currently in X Box - eg. Microsoft has the installer😱

Probably not - as Momo  - developer of the brilliant C 414 - says the following on Flightsimware's Discord :--

-MomoYesterday at 1:47 PM

You can count on our products getting an updated so our installer will install and work in the new sim. Most devs will do this too.

Will there be a 'Community" like set up - or will it be by - say - Orbx/developer for example - or will a system be devised whereby the developer informs

Microsoft of a list of 2020 Licensee's ?

Will we still have the very useful Flightsim.to type of developer - and if so - will that go through MS as well?

Should the latter happen - then it would solve the problem of having to pay twice for a 2020 PC software license to be used for X box:rolleyes:

(and then again - pigs might fly in the new sim - and here's me - joining in the speculator throngs):D

• Like 2

it'll be whatever it will be, I'm just enjoying what I have at the minute and purchasing via Marketplace, I see no difference in the set up for a PC version and all devs like Orbx will still have their own installers, I think though Microsoft saying what they did about not paying for addons again is a good bit of marketing by them as it puts it out there right from the off - buy your addons from us and there's NO upgrade fees once the devs have made sure they work on 2024....

Best advice - we can't do anything about it at the minute, it was only announced the other day so just enjoy this SIM we have now and see what more comes out later this month, EXPO will probably be sold out now, MSFS and P3D possible announcements.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Looks like  we are just  cows, and Microsoft is keeping us poor simmers, in the milking shed! But on the latest  updated Microsoft  tell us that the  add-ons purchased on the Market place  will  be transferred in MSF 2024 . Also they  will keep  up with the road map of MSF2020

Anyone  for the new sim , consider also a new computer! and , and, and a friendly bank manager or at best a very, very understanding wife.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, YAMBA1 said:

Anyone  for the new sim , consider also a new computer!

I doubt we will need that as it's going to also work on the current Xbox.....main difference I am seeing from this video is seasons....

• Like 2

I originally made this posting and have enjoyed reading everyone’s posts afterwards.

Initially, I was shocked and thought MS2020 is still improving why are you doing this.

But after several days I looked at it differently. Microsoft / Asobo are in this for the long haul, they want to develop better and better for us all. A developer that wants to make things even better (in my opinion only) than we have already which has never been so good, surely can’t be a bad thing can it?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Takadiurga said:

I'm hoping one of the Orbx staff can let us know whether our addons purchased in the Orbx Launcher are going to be compatible

The only way they can do that - is by having foreknowledge of what the NEW sim will be.

Just by looking at the trillion comments all over the place - many of the major developers have expressed surprise at the release of

this announcement - from such biggies as PDMG - Just flight etc. but they all seem to thing - based on the comments from MS that most

will be OK.

so why should Orbx be any different? - but then again - Orbx was quick of the mark with mods to the original sim - and they do  seem to have

a closer relationship with MS than most;)

I'll make a bet that the long delay in YBML - MMB -and YBCG - after 2.5 years of 2020 -   has something to do with it:rolleyes:

Edited by John Heaton
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

yeah but we are here now, 2020 is wonderful to look at and works, 2024 may need some tweaking when they first release it, also they say anything from Marketplace will work free of charge...win win I say...

14 hours ago, wain71 said:

yeah but we are here now, 2020 is wonderful to look at and works, 2024 may need some tweaking when they first release it, also they say anything from Marketplace will work free of charge...win win I say...

Sheesh - I just worked out that I have spent $125 in the last 2 weeks on marketplace;)

I see that Orbx have a sale at the moment - but not much for 2020 - BUT - if one goes to the marketplace - there is a raft of Orbx stuff 

at well reduced prices - for all those PC and X box users - but make sure that the software will fit the X Box

• Like 1