MSFS 2024

paulk

On 6/11/2023 at 8:42 PM, Iain Emms said:

there is nowt for me

I agree Iain. Always pleased to see a sim evolve, but seems to me that this is about the X box gamers. That's fine. don't begrudge them their enjoyment. I'd like to see them get a simple VFR or IFR flight right. But of course cash is King.

3 hours ago, flying_fish said:

I agree Iain. Always pleased to see a sim evolve, but seems to me that this is about the X box gamers. That's fine. don't begrudge them their enjoyment. I'd like to see them get a simple VFR or IFR flight right. But of course cash is King.

After yesterday's seminar from Jorg and Seb, I don't know how people can continue to believe it's "about the Xbox gamers."

MS has updated their FAQ regarding several points of contention and concern surrounding MSFS2024. A few key points from a much larger post, relevant to many hardcore flight simmers (my emphasis below) :

Will there be improvements to the core simulator technology in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024? 

The development team is improving almost every aspect of the simulator. Some examples include: 

• Improved multithreading to improve performance 
    • Faster download, load, and installation speeds 
    • Improved aerodynamics and physics simulation 
    • Improved aircraft systems including electrical, pneumatic, fuel, and hydraulics 
    • New failure and wear & tear system 
    • Deeper and wider avionics systems
    • Cockpit tablet available by default 

Source: https://www.flightsimulator.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-2024-faq/

I know this is marketing, however following clarifications and dispelling of gossip, I'm now cautiously optimistic about what the new sim will bring for both flight simmers and 'Xbox gamers'.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

We can see how much of an impact MSFS has had on our hobby - it has the lion’s share of users & sales right now,

also fully supported,

unfortunately, P3D developers are abandoning that P3D platform in droves,

it has become clear how much of a game changer MSFS 2024 will be - its impact is being felt now,

& a bonus that it will have advanced technology that will work well on both PC & Xbox,

a winning formula! :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1