• Cape Town, South Africa :wub:
  • Cairo, Egypt :wub:
  • Dubai, UAE :wub:
  • Dublin, Ireland :wub:
  • Frankfurt, Germany :wub:
  • Honolulu, Oahu, USA :wub:
  • Melbourne, Australia :wub:
  • Mumbai, India :wub:
  • Panama Canal and Panama City :wub::wub: It could be nice to consider the airport too as an extra add-on to pay for
  • Yokohama, Japan :wub:
  • LDSP Split Airport :D
  • LKPR Prague (MSFS) :wub: Thank you!

hi5BKfp.gif

And New York City?

I'm gonna die before seeing it developed  :(

Or is it a surprise? :rolleyes:

Matteo hai un sacco de lavoro, bravo!

Thank you so much for such wonderful mail. I see you all are working very hard and it is a great sensation that you have let us know the plans, this brings joy and excitement and somehow a peace of mind on what to expect from Orbx and that you are on it.

Thank you!

Carlos

Edited by carlosqr
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, HenrikIsaksen said:

Looks great! Still hoping to see both ESSA and perhaps an ENGM scenery some time this year!

As for ESSA, that's the plan.

17 hours ago, Udo Metz said:

Overall good News! I´m really looking forward of Sao Paulo. Whats about the Alaska Airport Series like PAEN, PAGS, PAHO, PAJN, PAKT PAVD and PAYA?

I'm looking at porting PAVD, but got a few other ones ahead of that one :)

• Like 5

12 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Orbx Board of Director's meeting.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

"35,189 airports, we can't do them all!", the lead Product Manager mumbled.

"And if we are doing it, its in the wrong sim!!', added the CFO

:)

TTM

Same meeting - "Lets put this story up on April One"

"Nah' - they won't believe us and inundate us more of the 35,189 CTD sites and

let's just remember the Orbx Motto"

"You can satisfy some of the people some of the time - some of the people none of the time -

But - none of the people - All of the time"

and then again - NiIl illigitimum simulatus Pilatus Carborundum:D

Sydney cityscape for P3D :) I think I have been waiting for that since the very first time I started simming. We had a couple of OZX addons for FSX, that would build up the north Sydney area. But unfortunately it does not play well on current P3D.

Cant wait to see the full CBD!!!!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

Maaybe the aircraft is for P3D ;)

Quote from the OP:

"In some really new news, we will be soon releasing our very first aircraft for MSFS - the Edgley Optica"

1 hour ago, samie11 said:

2-27c715c8289fe6ffb64ac431f286c6e6.jpg

Funny there was no mention of YBBNv2 for msfs since it's in the aircraft screenshot

I keep a list of sceneries that I want that are under development or consideration for MSFS.  I believe they made a soft announcement about future development of YBBN.  They released the BNE City Landmarks scenery.  

4 hours ago, wolfko said:

Quote from the OP:

"In some really new news, we will be soon releasing our very first aircraft for MSFS - the Edgley Optica"

It was supposed to be Joke - note the wink !!!!! Someone else thought so 

Edited by John Heaton

40 minutes ago, rsmith6621a said:

So you are abandoning further updates to  MSFS and P3dv5.1 with the current Orbx library,

I would like to see KRDD updated to P3dv5.1/MSFS and Spokane finished.  

I myself have been waiting for  KRDD v5. I assume it is not a straight forward port and I have no idea if it will ever comes...

Probably would have been converted by now if it wasnt the case.

On 4/6/2021 at 6:36 PM, chumley said:

What happened to YPPH? It has been touted in the recent past as in development but doesn't appear in your road map.

and a Perth Cityscape and it's stable mate of GA Jandakot.

Perth is home to the B787 direct to London and Auckland so I would have thought it would have been a must do for MSFS.

• Like 1

I almost fainted when I read your news about the Edgley Optica, one of my top 5 favorite aircraft. Thank you so much for this - I'll be counting the days (well, I will be when there is a release date). I'll purchase it immediately! In fact, I'll buy 2...no, 3!

Thanks again. Waiting on the edge of my cockpit seat...

53 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

KBOI!  Count me in, this is fantastic news.  It is being done by Orbx in house or third party?

It is not from one of their indie developers so it must be in-house. This makes it all the more odd that they will not be developing it in conjunction with an MSFS version. I can understand issues with porting older airports to MSFS.  However all new in-house airports should be developed simultaneously for both P3D & MSFS.

10 minutes ago, KORDATC said:

It is not from one of their indie developers so it must be in-house. This makes it all the more odd that they will not be developing it in conjunction with an MSFS version. I can understand issues with porting older airports to MSFS.  However all new in-house airports should be developed simultaneously for both P3D & MSFS.

It’s fine with me, I don’t use MSFS, just P3D.  I used to live in Boise and worked jets there.  Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

This is really excellent news !

Of course everyone has their additions as we all have our particular spots of the planet that we enjoy the most.

A gentle "plug" for an area that has always been something special for me since I began flight simming so many years ago.

I really miss Bowerman.  It was just so neat in FSX and for me became a classic. When asked by friends about Orbx my answer was always the same.  Spectacular scenery that is a must have, but check out Bowerman and you will see why I enjoy what they do so much :)

I appreciate that your plate is full for this year, but would it be possible at some point in the future to make stopping off at the "Luna Cafe" a reality again for MSFS.  

It would be a classic reborn :)

But for now your roadmap will give all of us many happy hours to look forward to.

Well done folks, very well done indeed!

Cheers

Pete

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, renault said:

I really miss Bowerman.  It was just so neat in FSX and for me became a classic. When asked by friends about Orbx my answer was always the same.  Spectacular scenery that is a must have, but check out Bowerman and you will see why I enjoy what they do so much :)

I appreciate that your plate is full for this year, but would it be possible at some point in the future to make stopping off at the "Luna Cafe" a reality again for MSFS.  

+1 Bowerman is my fave Orbx airfield of all time! :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Shame not to see any small airfields /airports included in the list, those were my favourites in FSX and P3D.  Presumably those are being left to freeware and other developers now in favour of regional airports. Oh well!

As someone who likes pottering about in GA aircraft, there's not much in the way of airports there that grab me. 

The updates to North of England and Scotland might be worth looking at. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Mawson said:

and a Perth Cityscape and it's stable mate of GA Jandakot.

Perth is home to the B787 direct to London and Auckland so I would have thought it would have been a must do for MSFS.

Perth is being done by an Orbx Partner for MSFS

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

It’s fine with me, I don’t use MSFS, just P3D.  

Not others ;) I gave up P3D for MSFS so would like to it MSFS as well

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

Not others ;) I gave up P3D for MSFS so would like to it MSFS as well

Yes, I understand that.  I was a tester for MSFS.  Didn’t like it, all I got from them was game, game, game on the testing team and forums.  I like simulators not games.  Sorry my friend, no offense.

• Like 3

Really really glad to see Orbx developing India! 

Well Mumbai is the city where I live, would love to see this city pack for Prepar3D platform too, any chances?

Would request you to develop VABB Mumbai Airport as well.

As you must've already discovered the beauty of this city, maybe consider this magnificent airport ! :)

Looking Forward...

1 hour ago, renault said:

This is really excellent news !

Of course everyone has their additions as we all have our particular spots of the planet that we enjoy the most.

A gentle "plug" for an area that has always been something special for me since I began flight simming so many years ago.

But for now your roadmap will give all of us many happy hours to look forward to.

Well done folks, very well done indeed!

Cheers

Pete

Totally agree about Bowerman. One of my first flight sim experiences was at that airport. Would love to see it again.

42 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Yes, I understand that.  I was a tester for MSFS.  Didn’t like it, all I got from them was game, game, game on the testing team and forums.  I like simulators not games.  Sorry my friend, no offense.

No offense taken :) I've been using sims for 15+ years (FS2002 through to MSFS, including various P3D iterations) I agree it felt more like a game at the start but now is a different story, and will be again when PMDG etc rolls out the hanger, it's defiantly becoming more like a sim (a few more things added and it'll be better than FSX was).

I'm having a bit of a grumpy day at work, and probably took your comment the wrong way, as others have said, hopefully in future dev teams will develop for both sims as people use both

• Like 2

112 comments and very few naysayers -  management will be impressed.  Those of us in the 'non MSFS' group not so much but, as has been said, nothing remains the same.  The promise of a True Earth Southern Spain leaves me a bit underwhelmed when there are so many multi-requested areas being ignored.  One tends to forget that XPlane is no longer a favorite child but like little Oliver in the workhouse - "Please sir, I want some more XP".

Edited by olderndirt
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

112 comments and very few naysayers -  management will be impressed.  Those of us in the 'non MSFS' group not so much but, as has been said, nothing remains the same.  The promise of a True Earth Southern Spain leaves me a bit underwhelmed when there are so many multi-requested areas being ignored.  One tends to forget that XPlane is no longer a favorite child but like little Oliver in the workhouse - "Please sir, I want some more XP".

Agreed :( Hope Orbx brings up stuff for us too :))

18 hours ago, wolfko said:

I am a disappointed about those many negative and demanding responses and also about those many "nice, but..." responses to these fantastic news revealed by Orbx.

Guys, be grateful with this awsome roadmap and be happy with the products introduced and please stop demanding more and more.

Actually, the roadmap sux if you're not into MSFS

• Like 1

Any plans for Matteo to port YBCG to MSFS? 

Love that Mattel’s bringing us KVNY, LIPH and SBSP and I’m pleased with the all the upcoming landmark city packs-especially Frankfurt!

Matteo did it for FSX and P3D which I loved as Gold Coast is my local airport and the default YBCG in MSFS ain’t that great.

Edited by AnthonyS

On 4/6/2021 at 9:46 AM, Casualclick said:

Interesting. This explains why User Classicwings78 (MSFS forum) withdrew the Edgely Optica freeware from Flightsim.to. Well, if it's going to be payware,then I'll expect to see a lot of his roadmap implemented in the package.

Will it have an auto-pilot?

Not his model, no connection whatsoever.