What we're working on - Orbx 2021 Roadmap

On 5/23/2021 at 2:38 AM, wolfko said:

You will find an answer regarding YPPH airport in post #7 of this thread:

Thanks foe replying Wolfko but this is for XPlane not MSFS I was actually asking if Orbx is doing Perth as it hasn't been done for P3d or any other sim so Hence my question. There is some other 3rd party software out but in a simplistic term it's not very well done and def not up to Orbx's standard.

16 minutes ago, Ticker7 said:

Thanks foe replying Wolfko but this is for XPlane not MSFS I was actually asking if Orbx is doing Perth as it hasn't been done for P3d or any other sim so Hence my question. There is some other 3rd party software out but in a simplistic term it's not very well done and def not up to Orbx's standard.

As a I said, please read post #7 in that thread. It states: "P3d version will be covered by Orbx. MFS2020 version is in our pipeline."

Edited by wolfko

On 4/21/2021 at 4:34 PM, John Dow said:

Unlikely to see anything developed for Melbourne area until a lagging problem in the default is resolved.  

The problem has come to light in testing. To test for yourself, take a GA flight from say YMEN over the CBD to Moorabbin and a bit further, and then return towards YMEN and YML. We've been getting long lags and pauses, my last flight I had 2-3 second lags down past Moorabbin and up to 8-10 seconds approaching YMEN, in default MSFS scenery. 

Is there a specific post on the MSFS bug forum page we can upvote to get this some more attention? 

Any word from ASOBO as to when they may be looking at fixing the issue??

Seems crazy we are a year from release and this has still not been resolved 

Axonos rendition of YPPH is fantastic, I would prefer that developers communicated projects to not double up. If Axonos brings their YMML from XP11 that would more than satisfy me. No point in multiple developers working on the same scenery. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, I2icho84 said:

Is there a specific post on the MSFS bug forum page we can upvote to get this some more attention? 

Any word from ASOBO as to when they may be looking at fixing the issue??

I'm sure they'll get around to it in their own time.  I doubt it's an easy fix, they probably don't even know why it's happening.  There doesn't seem to be any consistency in the pauses.  

There's a Zendesk you can log bug reports etc, but you'd need to have something you've logged for them to even look at it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, I2icho84 said:

AFAIK this bug was not there from the beginning. It only was introduced with one of the recent updates.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, coxo2436 said:

i cant belive the Orbx guys based in essendon and they still havent done YMML and YESN for MSFS2020

What's the point in them spending valuable time on anything Australian  -when the scenery for MSFS is 7 years old:angry: 

The time spent on the Sydney cityscape was to probably to relieve the embarrassing thought of being associated with what was originally offered by Asobo

Makes more sense to wait for an Australian Update which can't be to soon away and probably a priority in the 5 promised for 2022 

What's the guessing?? - Orbx working on just that update for Asobo at this moment ???:)

Edited by John Heaton
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

What's the point in them spending valuable time on anything Australian  -when the scenery for MSFS is 7 years old:angry: 

The time spent on the Sydney cityscape was to probably to relieve the embarrassing thought of being associated with what was originally offered by Asobo

Makes more sense to wait for an Australian Update which can't be to soon away and probably a priority in the 5 promised for 2022 

What's the guessing?? - Orbx working on just that update for Asobo at this moment ???:)

Most of us don't really care that a lot of the imagery is a few years old, we're appreciative of the opportunities afforded by MSFS and we realise that outside a few small areas, 99.9% of the continent, and the world, is a revelation and it doesn't matter a fig if it's not up to date. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, John Dow said:

Most of us don't really care that a lot of the imagery is a few years old, we're appreciative of the opportunities afforded by MSFS and we realise that outside a few small areas, 99.9% of the continent, and the world, is a revelation and it doesn't matter a fig if it's not up to date. 

Hi John

I won't ask you to quantify "most" - but will ask - "why is it that so much fuss and Hype is being made about the 4 scenery updates so far - 2 more this year and - 5 next year"

Is it because we were sold the idea that the sim would be live details - with up to date Bing scenery and weather? - and someone is trying to correct that Hype?

I really like MSFS and fly it everyday - between 500 and 5000 feet - VFR and IFR - in GA aircraft - and do enjoy the scenery as such - and this is made better by all the dozens of freeware airports and scenery provided by good people all over Australia who give up their time - trying to improve - and or make a better job - of fulfilling the promise.

As an avid MS fan for near 40years - both on PC and X Box - I feel entitled to a little piqued at what we were promised a year ago - and still waiting - hence my earlier comments

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Hi John

I won't ask you to quantify "most" - but will ask - "why is it that so much fuss and Hype is being made about the 4 scenery updates so far - 2 more this year and - 5 next year"

Is it because we were sold the idea that the sim would be live details - with up to date Bing scenery and weather? - and someone is trying to correct that Hype?

I really like MSFS and fly it everyday - between 500 and 5000 feet - VFR and IFR - in GA aircraft - and do enjoy the scenery as such - and this is made better by all the dozens of freeware airports and scenery provided by good people all over Australia who give up their time - trying to improve - and or make a better job - of fulfilling the promise.

As an avid MS fan for near 40years - both on PC and X Box - I feel entitled to a little piqued at what we were promised a year ago - and still waiting - hence my earlier comments

I believe it is up to date Bing imagery i.e. the Bing Imagery is current. Doesn't mean they flew over every corner of the world in the last year. It makes perfect sense to me that many areas of the world would be years out of date, the landforms haven't changed after all. Just be happy you don't live in southern Germany where large areas feature landclass where clouds did obscure the ground. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2021 at 6:35 PM, John Dow said:

I believe it is up to date Bing imagery i.e. the Bing Imagery is current. Doesn't mean they flew over every corner of the world in the last year. It makes perfect sense to me that many areas of the world would be years out of date, the landforms haven't changed after all. Just be happy you don't live in southern Germany where large areas feature landclass where clouds did obscure the ground. 

My comments were about Australia - and that's all I care for  - no where else because - with the exception

of the MSFS UK - I wouldn't know or care about the accuracy other parts in the sim at this time and I do actually enjoy flying in other countries - Bing correct or otherwise

I don/t know whether you are right about Canberra - But I do know that the Bing in the Gold Coast is not the up to date Sat. in Bing Maps today 

• Sad 2

On 6/22/2021 at 3:22 PM, John Heaton said:

Hi John

I agree!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, gleff said:

I'm still waiting for YBBN for MSFS.  It was meant to be in testing 2 months ago, but we haven't heard anything since.  

I asked in the general forum a couple weeks back, it's in testing but there's some technical issues

1 hour ago, NicolasA said:

The next international airport maybe in France or Greece? 

It's a conversion of an airport already done for the ESP platform (FSX/P3D) and converted to MSFS or X-Plane. So if you browse the FSX/P3D airports, it could be one of them ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Any update on the MSFS regional packs for the UK? I'm curious what kind of content that will include - I'm assuming mostly landmarks and POIs. Are you on the lookout for submissions for things to be considered for inclusion?

Edited by Donka

On 6/22/2021 at 2:01 PM, coxo2436 said:

i cant belive the Orbx guys based in essendon and they still havent done YMML and YESN for MSFS2020

If it looks anything like YBBN they have just released I would rather someone like impulse simulations take it on. The YBBN for MSFS looks terrible. The landslide area has not even been touched from the P3D version. Disappointing to say the least.

Hey at least AXONOS are doing YMML for XP11 and converting to MSFS. fingers crossed

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, I2icho84 said:

If it looks anything like YBBN they have just released I would rather someone like impulse simulations take it on. The YBBN for MSFS looks terrible. The landslide area has not even been touched from the P3D version. Disappointing to say the least.

Hey at least AXONOS are doing YMML for XP11 and converting to MSFS. fingers crossed

YBBN  maybe isn't the best airport from Orbx, but at least their is no bumps on taxiways/runways, no CTDs, have custom jetways... You call it "terrible", but what's terrible is sceneries like JustSim ones... Stop being trash because it's not "good enough", it's not the best, but not "terrible".

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hugo_J said:

YBBN  maybe isn't the best airport from Orbx, but at least their is no bumps on taxiways/runways, no CTDs, have custom jetways... You call it "terrible", but what's terrible is sceneries like JustSim ones... Stop being trash because it's not "good enough", it's not the best, but not "terrible".

The bar for MSFS has been raised, so companies like Orbx need to step up. Have a look at what NZA simulations are doing, AUscene, impulse. Quality does not even compare. If I am parting with my hard earned money I want the quality of work to be there. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Would like to see Orbx put some work in to port across existing airports that we purchased and used in P3d and FSX. They could offer a moderate discounted price for those with an account who owned some of these airports for the previous sims and who would like to experience them again in the new sim. I would appreciate some of the Australian airports that they did such a great job with in the past.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Real nice work... need New Zealand Scenery for sure in MSFS 2020

Will no longer use PD3 as MSFS 2020 is certainly a very good sim 

Have used Orbx in PD3 for years and will continue in MSFS 2020 as they become available

Auckland is lacking as most centres 

Great Keep it up

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 11:11 AM, dasha said:

Would like to see Orbx put some work in to port across existing airports that we purchased and used in P3d and FSX. They could offer a moderate discounted price for those with an account who owned some of these airports for the previous sims and who would like to experience them again in the new sim. I would appreciate some of the Australian airports that they did such a great job with in the past.

I wholeheartedly concur with you Dasha.   

I don't need new airports, just bring over the FSX and P3d airports to MSFS. I would re-purchase all Orbx airports again. (although a discount would be quite nice :)

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 5:11 AM, dasha said:

Me too !
This year I am a little disappointed with Orbx choose, that it does not convert more existing airports ! The existing airports for P3D are always already very good, we do not ask for more ! I would also like to be able to use them again under MSFS !

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/6/2021 at 10:00 PM, Orbx said:

First of all, here are some of the Landmarks City Packs we have lined up for development in MSFS:

• Auckland, New Zealand

Any news on Auckland's progress? Would be great to see a teaser screenshot or two, the city is lacking sadly in detail inside of MSFS!