What we're working on - Orbx 2021 Roadmap

Very intrigued to know a bit more about your 'northern England' pack. Will this be a custom overlay/assets/pio pack intended to be released also for the midlands and south regions?

Thanks!

Steve 

Edited by vfr_steve
  • Like 2

Thank you very much Sir for this update. I know there is a lot of work ahead, keep us busy in this briliant hobby.

If a may do a request or give a hint. I do really looking forward for the TE Eirland , Norway, The Netherlands XPlane versions.

Regards Peter KLM051

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Awesome list, thank you so much for giving this taster of what the future might bring. Fingers crossed, and awesome that you have Dublin on your list. The recent MSFS update didn't do it full justice. The expansion into Australia, Asia, Africa, and Central/South America is just fantastic. Beautiful taster shorts, that I will return to. 

• Like 2

Lots of great news to digest, however the stand out for me are the regional packs.  I take it these will be the Microsoft Flight Simulator equivalents of the True Earth series?  If so, that is absolutely fantastic!  Flying around Northern England and Scotland with stacks of Orbx quality VFR landmarks sounds captivating.  My debit card is already poised...take my money!  PS - don't forget about Southern England too ;-)

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

I am working on porting them. But first finish Stockholm-Bromma :)

Im hoping to be able to port all my airports. With focus on the bigger ones in Sweden and Spain first.

That’s the great new of the day. Thank you so much for your amazing job (and all the Orbx dev of course) 

• Like 1

Without wishing to be too repetitive or pushy, can we please get an update for EGLC for the P3D variant? It was suggested, in the below thread, that you would dedicate some time to it in January of this year, but we've not heard anything since. 

• Like 5

They all sound wonderful, but if I may....  Why wouldn’t a brand new in-house scenery such as Boise also be made compatible with MSFS?  This would be the perfect airport to fly the new CRJ into.

• Like 2

There are some very interesting products for me in that line-up.
Particularly like the P3D stuff, but welcome the regional packs in MSFS too. Glad to see some emphasis on areas outside the USA and Europe.

Just hope previous feedback on MSFS products is taken on board and we can get some updates on long-standing scenery discussions (e.g. EGLC P3Dv5, YPPH).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chumley said:

What happened to YPPH? It has been touted in the recent past as in development but doesn't appear in your road map.

40 minutes ago, captainbluesky said:

Thanks for the updates.

However I echo previous comments re: what about YBBN and YPPH for FS 2020?

Also what is the status of the following main Australian airports for FS 2020 - can the lead project manager and/or lead developer comment?

YBAS Alice Springs

YBCG Gold Coast

YBCS Cairns

YMML Melbourne

YSCB Canberra

Any plans for Adelaide, Darwin or Townsville airports?

I think FS 2020 needs some more detailed Australian airports to satisfy a lot of flight simmers.

I am certain you would sell vast quantities of the above if they were prioritised even before the City Packs.

In case you didnt knew, there is another different dev working on YPPH already. Might not be Orbx, but at least one is being made. More about it here... https://fselite.net/news/axonos-announces-perth-airport-for-msfs/

Looking forward to all that 2021 brings. Of the list the ones I see that are items Ive been waiting for are

KNVY for MSFS

KAVX for MSFS

KBUR for XP11

Really hoping to see more of the small GA PNW airports find their way into MSFS, any Pilotedge towered controlled airports find their way into XPlane 11.

Of everything, KNVY a Class D airport is the airport that most interest me for my enjoyment of GA flying on PilotEdge.

• Like 1

Another update, no Bodø. Shame, it looked so promising. But excellent news of Bromma for P3D.

Hope you consider KCRW and SBSP for P3D in the future. Especially Congonhas. We already have an awesome rendition of Santos Dumont. The Rio - Sao Paulo route is maybe one of my all time favorites with exciting airports at both ends.

• Upvote 1

I want that plane!

Also, Northern England Orbx pack for MSFS? Please tell me it will include Liverpool and major landmarks, buildings etc. MSFS official uk world update added only three: Royal Liver Building and the two stadiums. I want more! :) Thank you Orbx.

• Like 1

A welcome update, pleased to see Marcus will be porting over his work to MSFS. Now looking forward to Matteo's projects, especially Congonhas, which should be a wow!

Neil

• Like 1

Honestly these MSFS sceneries all look fantastic. But checking the roadmap for new XP11 stuff the list is really quite short. It seems Orbx is puttting the vast majority of resources into dev for MSFS and is not really interested that much in doing business with XP11 users any more. I am feeling sorry for not seeing any major airports being developed by Orbx for XP11 :'(

• Sad 3