What we're working on - Orbx 2021 Roadmap

2 minutes ago, Woogey said:

What is the word on newer airports like Fresno KFAT making the jump into P3d and MSFS?  How about Redding or Felts Field for MSFS?  

-Preston

C'mon now Preston. They just today released a brand new roadmap. Don't you think they would have mentioned those if they had any news whatsoever about them?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Seanmo said:

C'mon now Preston. They just today released a brand new roadmap. Don't you think they would have mentioned those if they had any news whatsoever about them?

I wasn’t talking to you sir, I was asking Orbx staff and/or Developers.  Clearly there are many more projects under way than what was mentioned in the Roadmap post.  Just hoping to hear more about those subjects.  

-P

Interesting. This explains why User Classicwings78 (MSFS forum) withdrew the Edgely Optica freeware from Flightsim.to. Well, if it's going to be payware,then I'll expect to see a lot of his roadmap implemented in the package.

Will it have an auto-pilot?

Edited by Casualclick

I would like to see these updated for P3Dv5:

And already exist and owned.

2WA1 Diamond Point Airstrip
65S Bonners Ferry Airport
74S Anacortes Airport
CNK4 Parry Sound Airport
KBLU Blue Canyon-Nyack Airport
KIDA Idaho Falls Regional Airport
KMBS MBS International Airport
KRDD Redding Municipal Airport
KTEX Telluride Regional Airport. This one especially.

Edited by Indy511
  • Like 3

OPTICA! Never thought to see that in-sim. Please give it a great flight model.

The Mumbai helipad is quite nicely done - be nice to chopper in there (and elsewhere) someday!

Please do share more info on the MSFS Regional packs.

Thanks for sharing the rest of the info - good times ahead.

• Like 2

I would like for the roadmap to have also included planned updates to sceneries and a little more info on the N England pack - is it mesh, scenery, cityscapes, a conversion of the Xplane scenery pack?

I dont see anything regarding EGNX, EGPH, EGPB for MSFS..already made but for other variants of the sim....are these just not coming ever?

Edited by ReZ13
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Looking forward to many of the forthcoming products like KBUR finally coming to XP11. It's a shame Van Nuys & Palm Beach aren't also. I'm certainly interested in TrueEarth Southern Spain. I think the Hawaiian Islands need some TrueEarth treatment especially Oahu. I was expecting the Gold Coast Landmark City Pack for MSFS as it's already being done for P3D.

• Like 1

Orbx to Port ALL 170 Airports to X-Plane

November 22, 2018

Yes, you read that correctly. One-hundred-and-seventy airports. And they're all coming to X-Plane 11!

During today's livestream by Orbx, where Dirka and Aimee gave a sneak peek of TrueEarth GB Central, John Venema, CEO of Orbx made a comment in the chat at 1:08:02, stating the following:

"We will be porting ALL 170 Orbx airports to XP over the next year, it just takes time peeps, we’re hiring new developers to speed it up"

7 months later MSFS was announced.

• Like 4

I bought Singapour Landmarks.

It was pretty much funny for approximately... 5 mn.

The truth ?  Landmarks series are easy money for a minimum worktime. Or proove me i am wrong.

And you know what ? i  totally accept that ! It's business. And as a company, you need to earn money.

But taking off and landing from/to airports... this so much intense and thrilling.

I need airports, big  ones, I need Melbourne and Brisbane, and all these major places to land !

Best

Dom

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Freezer41 said:

Orbx to Port ALL 170 Airports to X-Plane

November 22, 2018

Yes, you read that correctly. One-hundred-and-seventy airports. And they're all coming to X-Plane 11!

During today's livestream by Orbx, where Dirka and Aimee gave a sneak peek of TrueEarth GB Central, John Venema, CEO of Orbx made a comment in the chat at 1:08:02, stating the following:

"We will be porting ALL 170 Orbx airports to XP over the next year, it just takes time peeps, we’re hiring new developers to speed it up"

7 months later MSFS was announced.

Memory of an elephant!:)

TTM

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CloutComputer said:

Flight simulation represents a global community; the product line should reflect this. 

The last time I checked North America is in the Global Community! Let's include more of that as well too like you seem so to cherish flight sim being Global!  MSFS is the platform I'm complaining about, lack of airports for North America is very sad!

I also hope that a TrueEarth Western Alps and a winter season is also forthcoming for P3D.

One extra season to give Europe's playground the snow coverage it's famous for, rather than 4 extra ones in TE Netherlands.
What a huge difference it would make!

Edited by F737NG

I too fly primarily XP11 in the western united states.  Sad to see we won't see Friday Harbor, Harvey Field, Monroe, Diamond point, Jefferson, Sequim valley or the Alaska fields.   True Earth Washington XP11 is my favorite product and I would have liked to see the airfields that go with it.

Love the new airplane though.

Chris

I am a disappointed about those many negative and demanding responses and also about those many "nice, but..." responses to these fantastic news revealed by Orbx.

Guys, be grateful with this awsome roadmap and be happy with the products introduced and please stop demanding more and more.

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, wolfko said:

I am a disappointed about those many negative and demanding responses and also about those many "nice, but..." responses to these fantastic news revealed by Orbx.

Guys, be grateful with this awsome roadmap and be happy with the products introduced and please stop demanding more and more.

I haven’t seen many people demanding anything; just expressing their disappointment. It’s only an awesome roadmap if you’re a MSFS user or maybe a P3D user. X-plane is seemingly an afterthought with just two airports listed, considering what they said not that long ago (which is quoted in a post above). I can only speak with my wallet as I have no interest in MSFS until it is vastly improved and has quality aircraft.  

Edited by Boctal
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, wolfko said:

Negative or not, demanding or not, what it actually is, is customer feedback.
If the same types of comments appear, it means there is potentially unmet demand. Most companies would love to know that.

X-Plane simmers can arguably feel hard done by in the number of products coming their way compared to MSFS and P3D. And on other commentary sites, there is a concern that problems with more recent releases are not being fixed, e.g. the ILS at LOWI in MSFS, in favour of new products.

• Like 2

I love everything for MSFS. What I would like to see added are the following (For MSFS);

Sitka, AK (City and airport)

Harstad/Narvak Airport, Norway & a Lofoten scenery pack as a separate release for it.

Aeopuerto Internacional Arturo Merino Benitez Airport, Santiago, Chile

Malta Airport and a separate scenery release for it.

Edited by Sundog

Thanks for the roadmap. My question is a little like some others concerning YPPH. Whether or not YPPH for P3D is still in the making?

I ask this as from memory it was announced back in 2019, confirmed in May 2020 but there has been little if any information since as as noted, does not appear in the roadmap. I am not impatient nor unappreciative of the direction of Orbx but as MSFS has changed so much of the landscape since 2019, some info regarding whether or not YPPH is still on the radar for P3D would be helpful in terms of another option.

Thank you,

Robert

• Like 1

IMO City Packs are a waste of time and frame rate gobblers. They are just unnecessary eye candy that hardly rate a blink of the eye to serious simmers. Orbx should spend it's time developing nice mid sized airports that are kind on resource usage but add a bit of nicety to the Sim. Until they stop pandering to the eye candy crowd they won't be getting anything out of me, sale or no sale.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, chumley said:

IMO City Packs are a waste of time and frame rate gobblers. They are just unnecessary eye candy that hardly rate a blink of the eye to serious simmers. Orbx should spend it's time developing nice mid sized airports that are kind on resource usage but add a bit of nicety to the Sim. Until they stop pandering to the eye candy crowd they won't be getting anything out of me, sale or no sale.

As a consumer product that's bringing in a totally new market, IMHO in MSFS "serious simmers" are well outnumbered by "the eye candy crowd".

• Like 1

Need an update on YBCS Cairns airport and city.
It was one of your earliest sceneries for FSX and P3D but got no love for other sims, MSFS would benefit from this area and from what i read in other places on the forums it's one of your better sellers too.

Now there's a working helicopter i need to land on the pier and green island asap. :P

We don't want the 2010 version you have, updated with all the new crystalbrook high rises please. :)

Also keen to get my hands on YBCG Coolangatta and Gold Coast city scenery.

You shouldn't forget your Aussie roots.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1