What we're working on - Orbx 2021 Roadmap

Hoping that Cityscape Sydney (P3D), TrueEarth Eastern Alps (P3D) and Landmarks City Packs for Dublin and Melbourne (MSFS) are all still on their way to us soon™.

Plus a cheeky request to see if TE Southern Spain could be 'ported' (I know it's not) across to P3D as well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

End of the year almost and no sign of the Dublin landmarks city pack. No worries if it is delayed but considering it was listed as being on the roadmap for this year, it would be great if Orbx could provide an update on such products unlikely to be released in 2021.

It was listed but also the roadmap says this "we reserve the right to modify the list and the sequence", which is evident by a lot of releases that weren't on the roadmap, I'm sure more landmark packs will be seen in 2022 

Just like to express my great desire to see Melbourne released!  I used to live there and just got a decent VR rig along with the Bell 47 helo and flew around the city to "walk down memory lane" but was a bit disappointed by the default MSFS scenery.  I'm a big fan of the other Orbx packs I've purchased and look forward to this one! Cheers...

1 hour ago, Zak Michaels said:

Just like to express my great desire to see Melbourne released!  I used to live there and just got a decent VR rig along with the Bell 47 helo and flew around the city to "walk down memory lane" but was a bit disappointed by the default MSFS scenery.  I'm a big fan of the other Orbx packs I've purchased and look forward to this one! Cheers...

the MSFS World Update in January will be Australia, YSSY is already a bespoke airport in the sim and for any other given australian Airport, there is a decent payware scenery already.

If Asobo is able to see the writing on the wall (wishful thinking), this would be the perfect opportunity to fill the gap, they dont even need to make their own airport, just buy it from a trusted creator (like with Zurich from Gaya)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2022 at 6:48 AM, zkdos said:

Any chance of seeing a 2022 roadmap?

I am hoping now ASOBO have done such a great job of Australia ( IMHO it's the best update so far in terms of quality) I am hoping Orbx will go and do some special treatment like they used to with P#D and FSX. I will be disappointed if  a 2022 roadmap does not include that.

I wonder whether the fact they are now turning into more of a Webstore for other scenery developers that they may not be doing much of their own scenery now?

6 hours ago, Anna Cicognani said:

We are working on an announcement about what we are working on! The AU update + Fokker have taken up so much of our time lately, but we definitely have our own products coming through as well. Stay tuned for Prague releasing soon (for example!), but we have more in store coming. Thanks for being patient and sticking around while we sort our program of work out! :)

Grazie mille !

I really appreciate it.

I'm desperate for Prague but also very interested in what could be new

Have the rest of the cityscenes been dropped or still a project?

I was never replied on that

• Cairo, Egypt
  • Dublin, Ireland
  • Honolulu, Oahu, USA
  • Panama Canal and Panama City
  • Yokohama, Japan

Cheers

Carlos

great job on australia in the world update.  really liked your watermask work in the whitsundays.  would like to put in a plug for a few more australian airport releases in the region including Hamilton Island Airport and Whitsunday Coast Airport, and further afield, Canberra and Merimbula airports.  and still further afield Pacific regional packs (including improved airports and watermasks) for New Caledonia and French Polynesia.  cheers

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

There's no mention of them on the 2022 roadmap

A bit disappointing if they have just been dropped without further acknowledgement from Orbx. There is reference to a GB North regional pack on that 2022 roadmap which I assume means Scotland but the wording doesn't suggest it will definitely happen.

15 minutes ago, Donka said:

A bit disappointing if they have just been dropped without further acknowledgement from Orbx. There is reference to a GB North regional pack on that 2022 roadmap which I assume means Scotland but the wording doesn't suggest it will definitely happen.

Ah yes I missed that line whilst looking for it, I'd assume GB North is everything above the Central pack, which like you said will be Scotland (most of Northern England was covered in the central pack), so then it's just the Canary Islands, I wonder if they're waiting for the next WU to see what's included for Spain

• Ed Correia unpinned this topic
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/30/2022 at 2:26 AM, EasternT3 said:

It is;

With no disrespect intended could someone from Orbx confirm they still plan on releasing YMML for MSFS...not asking for a release window, just if it's still planned....otherwise the freeware developer Danr86 with a version on Flightsim.to might feel the urge to restart his upgrade which he stopped working on thinking an Orbx version was being developed.

2 hours ago, Dr Smith said:

With no disrespect intended could someone from Orbx confirm they still plan on releasing YMML for MSFS...not asking for a release window, just if it's still planned....otherwise the freeware developer Danr86 with a version on Flightsim.to might feel the urge to restart his upgrade which he stopped working on thinking an Orbx version was being developed.

They started to showcased it on their Instagram one  week ago on their story. Here you go

32 minutes ago, Hugo_J said:

They started to showcased it on their Instagram one  week ago on their story. Here you go

Cheers.. wonder why not here as well then...do I have to set up an instagram account to view them?

Edit. created an account, couldn't find anything in orbxsystems account about YMML.

Edited by Dr Smith

33 minutes ago, Dr Smith said:

Cheers.. wonder why not here as well then...do I have to set up an instagram account to view them?

Edit. created an account, couldn't find anything in orbxsystems account about YMML.

It was a story, so only available 24 hours. They teased YMML with 3 shots : one of the parking spot, and 2 of both end of the famous runways 27/34

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

A way of marketing - Orbx only post of these forums when a product is within 10 days of release, so other platforms allow them to tease the airport..

lol, in that case I'll delete the Instagram account I just created and wait....

Edit: I find it ironic I had to ask here for more info, then find out there was info on Instagram only, and then only for a very brief period of time....marketing used to be about maximising your reach....

Edited by Dr Smith
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

A way of marketing - Orbx only post of these forums when a product is within 10 days of release, so other platforms allow them to tease the airport..

what's Instagram - another source to adopt the "Carrot and the Stick" -  for the donkeys

- a.k. PDMG/X Plane?

Or - All developers are shying away from giving dates of release for obvious reasons ----- UD 10 and 

possible aftermaths

1 hour ago, John Heaton said:

what's Instagram - another source to adopt the "Carrot and the Stick" -  for the donkeys

- a.k. PDMG/X Plane?

Or - All developers are shying away from giving dates of release for obvious reasons ----- UD 10 and 

possible aftermaths

Imo, I don't think devs should give release dates, it just creates more headaches. I really like how Orbx does their releases.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EasternT3 said:

Imo, I don't think devs should give release dates, it just creates more headaches. I really like how Orbx does their releases.

I agree, not fussed about a release date, although small snippets of info at least let us know work is still ongoing and you're right, here, when those photos start appearing in the "Orbx Preview Announcements, Screenshots and Videos" section it's time to get the CC ready.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...