Development update on openLC Asia

Orbx

Looks like the trend for EA has begun.  It is all good.  I really want to see India in Flightsim.  So I am for it even to beta test (count me in).  I have tested for you guys before.

All in for openLC Asia Part 1

Lets get all the Indian mountain ranges, Himalayas, and Nepal in hi def.

Edited by Airwolf
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

But please just make sure to finish part 3, as this is probably the most exciting part but also the one with most add-ons available already.
Thank again for this pleasant surprise Orbx :lol:

Living in Thailand, I wholeheartedly agree with this.

• Like 2

You are finally developing the Asian region. Thank you for the good news.

However, it is a pity that the Asian region, which includes Korea, is the third order.

Many users want area 3, so it's not a bad idea to do area 3 first, which takes a long time to develop.

I hope the area 3 Asian region will be released next summer.

Edited by redsonssi
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, redsonssi said:

You are finally developing the Asian region. Thank you for the good news.

However, it is a pity that the Asian region, which includes Korea, is the third order.

Many users want area 3, so it's not a bad idea to do area 3 first, which takes a long time to develop.

I hope the area 3 Asian region will be released next summer.

Thank you for your comment and welcome to the forums.

Since the East Asian region seems to be the most complicated to build, I think it's a very clever move to release the other regions during the process. In other words: releasing region 3 before the other ones would only lead to a longer waiting for all regions as a whole. You only profit from region 3 being the 'icing to the cake'. While I understand that many people are much interested in region 3, keep in mind that there are a lot of people interested in regions 2 and 1. Keep also in mind that it's not only about the region where your destination is located, but also about the regions you have to cross to get there.

Edited by Captain Lars
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

It's a bit of a surprise to be honest, to see that "suddenly" with MFS2020 being released LC Asia is possible, contrary to what was said some time ago as it being not economical or so. 

I was and wanted to have LC Asia, because of personal ties and also to complete the series started with a very well done LC Europe many years ago. Yes, I do understand that developing for a product like a simulator, which let's be honest is a niche market, is anything but easy with bills and rent needing to be settled with the income and as such it's always a careful consideration. 

However, my main board crashed last year, thus leaving me with no computer for 14 months and as such not being able to continue the hobby. It also gave me the chance to reconsider if, I wanted to support an engine that basically derived from FS2000 - which has been tremendously improved over the past two decades - or rather invest into a system and environment for the next generation of simulation. Yes, I was very careful and initially wanted to revert back to P3D, having even bought v5 and some basic additions per upgrade. However, after installing and using MFS2020 for a while now, I must admit that I am very unlikely to install v5, even taking into account/consideration that it may be well over a year until aircraft like the PMDG or FSL will appear for the new sim. But, I guess at one point or another, one has to make a clear cut and move on. If I look at MFS2020 I get most features out of the box, for which I had to get the likes of ASCA, REX or TE and it looks quite good, for it being default. 

I might get LC Asia, as I might install v5, but mainly to support Orbx, although chances are very, very slim. 

Take into account that this is a purely personal experience and not intended to start any MFS vs XP vs P3D discussion. ;)

Kind regards. 

Edited by sun_king_135
  • Like 1

Great call so thanks! Area 3 is the one!

Hong Kong, Shanghai, Bangkok, Singapore all really need that vast improvement in texture useage, the waterclasses arent much better but the land is in dire need of an update so this will be very interesting especially around Bangkok and Hong Kong.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Would i be right in thinking Jordan will be part of "Part 1"?

I was just taking alook around Amman and there is a really weird amount of green/urban textures used when IRL its actually very arid and desert like.

Edited by bradley27
  • Like 1

Hey guys, it's lovelly see you working out on new stuff, every product with major quality, this is precious, but... And about xplane? Global base pack, either a vector, something like that... Not on the plans?

Cheers mate, and great job!

Great news. Count me in.

I have a full size Learjet simulator that runs P3D V4.5 in my shed. I have an inside computer that runs P3D 4.5 and 5.1 AND I have MSFS2020. I have dabbled in MSFS and have been amazed at the next generation in visuals, however, I also got the dreaded update loop. Long story short my whole MSFS2020 got deleted and it took me a month to download from the beginning because of this loop bug. I finally figured out the fix thank goodness.

I'm passing on this story because I will be sticking with P3D for probably at least 12 months. I haven't even mentioned VR yet. 

We all might be lucky and LM will pull a rabbit out of the hat with V5.2 that competes with MSFS ! 

Keep sticking with us Orbx...unless you've had a sneak peek at what LM has coming up and decided to take a punt on LC Asia ?

Mark 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Greatest news for P3D users since long!

I'll postpone my round-the-world-flight until P3D will be the first flightsim ever to have the whole planet showing enhanced landclasses!

Would be interesting to learn about the percentages of users for each of the 'large' sims...

Michael.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mike Sierra said:

Greatest news for P3D users since long!

I'll postpone my round-the-world-flight until P3D will be the first flightsim ever to have the whole planet showing enhanced landclasses!

:D These were my thoughts, too.

5 hours ago, Mike Sierra said:

Would be interesting to learn about the percentages of users for each of the 'large' sims...

I made a little poll not so long ago:

Edited by Captain Lars

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

We are getting closer to that beta, but please bear in mind that this a quite a large project. Regardless, development is making good progress considering the overall scale. Once we are in that testing phase you can expect some more previews!

Thank you, fantastic previews, can't wait!!

• Like 1