Development update on openLC Asia

Orbx

6 hours ago, MotoDave said:

I've been unable to install products away from the root, so please post some HDD size requirements.  Perhaps in the future someone clever can figure out how to install Orbx products out of the FSX root.  I'd like to buy more Orbx but don't have the HDD room.

If you search symbolic links you should find a post that will tell you how to do it.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

I wonder about the state of the project, too. Can't wait for Asia!

I'll bet it's close because a month ago the developer said that there were just some areas that still needed some tuning and adjustment.

I've been avoiding flying in the Middle East and India until this is released.  Can't wait to fly there with the new landclass and textures!

Dave

Edited by dave302
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, dave302 said:

I've been avoiding flying in the Middle East and India until this is released.  Can't wait to fly there with the new landclass and textures!

Same with me. The last transfers saw me flying across the Indian Ocean instead of the landmass...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 4:38 PM, F1le said:

Same. Can somebody tell me where Dubai/Doha belongs? Because I got Africa LC and I think starting from Doha/Dubai I'm seeing default LC not the Orbx...

Here's the map of coverage for OpenLC Africa

444478422_Redsoilareas.jpg.a7068f273f61138475d09badbea626b4.jpg

• Like 3

• Orbx unpinned this topic

I'm preparing to fly to India, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, China and so on. I don't know when I can fly. I'm sure I won't fly before the Asian release, because the scenery there is very ugly, but there is no change in the four seasons.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sanguis_fluit said:

Seems to me Orbx is in bed with Microsoft

They're an official partner, so yes they are close to Asobo/MS

2 hours ago, Sanguis_fluit said:

Sorry if I’m salty but I’ve spent a lot of $ on my other sims like most people here. I’m not giving up because of Bing Maps simulator. 

I get where you're coming from but like you said a lot of people including me have spend thousands on previous sims, no-one is asking you to move sims or give up on a sim but Orbx as a company are doing the commercially right thing for them of focusing development for MSFS because it's the biggest market, massively bigger than P3D and X-Plane ever was, at least they're still developing products for P3D. 

3 hours ago, Sanguis_fluit said:

I’m not giving up because of Bing Maps simulator. 

I've seen a lot of creative insults towards MSFS. Why can't people accept there's another choice of sim to be used?

• Like 4

Orbx stated they would be developing and releasing OpenLC Asia and already proved this with a lot of previews, so that I have no doubt at all that they will release the product when it's done.

Hopefully rather sooner than later!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

On 5/26/2021 at 10:45 PM, Captain Lars said:

Orbx stated they would be developing and releasing OpenLC Asia and already proved this with a lot of previews, so that I have no doubt at all that they will release the product when it's done.

I've been waiting for half a year now. I'm not going to put it on hold again. 2020 is important, but P3D is just as important.

On 5/26/2021 at 4:45 PM, Captain Lars said:

42 minutes ago, xuehua china said:

I've been waiting for half a year now. I'm not going to put it on hold again. 2020 is important, but P3D is just as important.

You have to be patient. A work of quality takes time to be developed.

Edited by wolfko
  • Upvote 2

I moved to the "Bing Maps Simulator" a year ago and haven't felt any desire to reinstall P3D up to now. I may purchase LC Asia, even if I won't install P3D anymore, more as a gesture of support - if at all. I, too, invested many dollars since FS95 using all sim generations up to MFS2020 and I wasn't forced to move - in fact I was as sceptical as some others - but never regretted the move, as many Addons from the past have become obsolete and I've never seen a sim that good out of the box. But, it's an individual choice and every one of us has their own reasons as to why or why not. Live and let live.  :)

Kind regards. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...