What to expect when you get old

teecee

I had been working on getting a small section of Larry's PNW shipping working, and finally had some success so I took a screenshot, and went to get a cup of coffee. When I got back my sim would not run..frozen no matter what I did, so after several tries, I shut the sim down, and it was at this point that I realised that I had been trying to fly a screenshot!! :rolleyes:..:lol::lol:. Teecee.

PS: here is the screenie in question..

Powell River woodchip.jpg

Don't worry Teecee !

I am only 53 and last week, I was on my way back to home from work and had hard time to see through my freezed car windshield and figured out I had my reading glasses instead of my regular ones...

Mike

Wonderful stuff Terry and you are definitely not alone.

Going to parts of the house only to forget why I went there.

Looking for the tap in the laundry trough last night to wash my hands then realising I am stood by the washing machine.

I could go on but there is not enough paper as I type this!:huh:

On 2/16/2018 at 9:20 AM, W2DR said:

I just walked into the kitchen and opened the refrigerator door. And then realized I had no idea why I did that. Happens all the time. And I'm one of the young guys...barely 75....Doug

Coupla days ago I made a coffee and put it in the fridge instead of the milk then went outside to speak to a neighbour.

Needless to say the coffee was cold 15 minutes later and the milk was getting warmer.

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:19 AM, teecee said:

it was at this point that I realised that I had been trying to fly a screenshot!! :rolleyes:..:lol::lol:. Teecee.

Hi Teecee

I do this all the time taking screenshots for a project. I use the Windows Snipping Tool so I can avoid having to crop the shot later and once I save it, all too often I end up trying to get the next shot from the still open Snipping Tool.   :o  And then when I try to close it,  if I’m not lucky I end up closing the sim instead and have to start all over to get the next shot!

"With age comes wisdom"

..... and with wisdom comes the ability to simply: 'be grateful', when your PC boots up, and you are in the cockpit by the time it takes you to visit the loo... and put your teeth in.

More importantly, when it doesn't ...... instead of freaking out, reinstalling drivers and searching the web for error codes... you just turn it off at the wall, and go and make a cup of tea !

That's wisdom.

All sounds very familiar.

I have microwaved instant Oats each morning for breakfast.

Yesterday, I poured milk over the oats in a bowl, as usual, put the bowl in the fridge and was left standing, with  the door handle of the microwave in my left hand and the bottle of milk in my right. I stood there for about 3 seconds before my brain caught up

My wife believes I think too much about flight sim. :)

I never remember being absent minded.

I keep repeating myself.

I don't do drugs. I get the same effect just by standing up fast.

I keep repeating myself.

Frustration for me is trying to find my spectacles without my spectacles.

I keep repeating myself.

:)

Archived