What to expect when you get old

teecee

Ditto, I surrendered my driver’s licence because of the woozies.  I long ago surrendered my PPL because of heart, but now, every day, I am determined to land that darned Majestic Dash 8,  without rattling every passengers’ teeth, or kangaroo hopping down the runway.

Meanwhile I am a sucker for the Orbx sale.

And I hope that Carenado build a good Saab340 so I can fly Loganair in Scotland and Rex in Australia.

And as a passenger I have never experienced a greaser in the 340, always a ‘firm’ landing....my style.

I just have to chime in.  I don't think I'm old (I'm only 75) but every now and then the old body reminds me. Now it takes two days to do one 'job' where I used to do two jobs in one day.

I still remember the day I realized I was getting old. I wandered into the bathroom after getting out of bed, glanced into the mirror and thought 'what the hell is my dad doing in here'.

When we moved to Florida from Alaska in '98, my mother-in-law then 86 asked me to call and renew her drivers' license and gave me her PIN number.  Smooth as silk, never talked to a live human - now this is a State that really caters to seniors.  Of course the heat and humidity eventually drove us back to Washington.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quite possibly. We'll have to convene the committee of the Old Coots to examine your credentials. Could you please supply a copy of your birth certificate, and a photograph of any false teeth, walking frame, suspenders (braces?), or similar evidence. :lol::lol::lol:

johnost--seems to me that if you have reached 84, you have earned your Old Coot certificate. Of course, all that certificate qualifies you for is to have strong opinions, a weak bladder, and a slipping grasp on reality. Oh, and there's a section about memory, too, but I forget what it is.

So true Rodger - at 71, I have been prescribed FlowMax, which is my "new" friend.

I told my doctor that if I knew I would have lived this long, then I would have taken better care of myself.

Blessings to all.

I was going to reply to this thread, but by the time I read both pages to get here, I forget what the original topic is.

What day is this?

Where's my coffee??

Why is there a half-eaten doughnut by my joystick???

Some 30+ years ago now there was a famous (and true) story about a call from an 89 year old fellow to the HP computer support team. He was complaining that his almost new HP computer no longer worked. The support tech worked him through all the regular stuff, e.g., is it plugged in, is it turned on, etc. Finally, in desperation, the support tech asked the old coot exactly when did the computer shut down. The old guy replied.....about five hours ago when the electricity went off..........Doug

Archived