ORBX 2019 ROADMAP (231 SCREENSHOTS!)

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news finally Orlando as a local if you need any assistance I am sure some of us could help I access to lots of Disney photos (I saw a sat image of Disney Springs) I have some great shots of the current state of the construction going on at Disney (Star Wars land, PH 3 Parking garage, ect...) looking forward to hopefully seeing my home soon :)

Sean

akl.jpg

DVC coronado springs.jpg

MK2 a.jpg

MK2.jpg

star wars 1.jpg

vgf.jpg

star wars 3.jpg

Great update, thanks!

Delighted to see progress about OpenLC and the HD buildings! SODE, Channel Islands, Norway... good stuff there!

Here's one wish I have for 2019:

@John Venema Now that ORBX will be using SODE, could you PLEASE develop a SODE controlled windsock so that you can finally ditch those ugly default windsocks spread out over all your airports? SODE allows for functional windsocks showing strength and direction, while being beautifully animated. Other developers have done this and it is fantastic, would suit your airports very well, especially the small GA airfields where one parks and taxies literally next to the windsock.

Oh and I still have that dream about an FTX Switzerland region ;)

All the best for 2019,

Markus

Terrific roadmap with so much to look forward to. The images you uploaded here speak for themselves. 2019 will be another great year in flightsim. I look very much forward to Australia V2 in particular, Honolulu and the new Alaska airports in the works, but all of the above has my attention. Great stuff for all platforms. Happy Christmas all at ORBX and all flightsim friends!

Hello there!I am very happy to see that you can convert your products to Xplane!thank you all

But I have some small question.

I know you should now busy converting British Airports for TEGB.

So before the completion of all airport conversion projects in the UK, will you start to convert airports in the US?Or wait until the Pacific Northwest project begins?

I saw that KEGE. I hope to get all orbx North American airports as soon as possible!!!!Just like KPSP, KEGE,KSAN and more!!:lol:Thank you for your interest in XPLANE!

I typically strategically wait for sales, but I see 4-5 day one buys in this list, let alone whatever is else is in the list of the heretofore unannounced.  Aside from the anticipated Africa and Australia releases, perhaps my most pleasant surprise comes from Orlando, one of my primary VA destinations.  How will ORBX KMCO play with and/or replace the currently capable, albeit somewhat P3D4 handicapped Taxi2Gate version?

Also, any word on the "Auroras" package?

I also appreciate the buzz for a TE Caribbean possibly in subsequent years.  While the islands are covered by a hodge podge of various quality sceneries (if you're willing to put in the effort), a unified package by somebody (and why not ORBX?) would be wonderful.

Very nice!

2019 is looking great. Customer input:

Theres a lot of great products in the line up and highly looking forward to many of them on all 3 platforms.

Orlando: since you have hot air balloons in your library files, please look at adding the ones that they do early in the morning south of Disney.

Aerofly FS2 KSEZ: Great choice for one of the early ports! Hopefully Telluride will be another one to make that list.

Oz v2: Looks amazing and thank you for stating a small upgrade fee, money well spent.

KBUR: We need airports like this in XPlane. LAX area in P3D is hard but in XP it gives way better frames. Hopefully as these new products are rolled out they are being built with XP and AFS2 in mind and almost built at the same time. With KBUR also being a PilotEdge ATC cover airport and a place that doesnt need winter textures product like this and KSBA and such will be very attractive to XP and AFS2 users.

Keep up the great work and thank you for the open line of communications of what is to come if only a taste of just some of it. Happy New Year!

Hi Folks,

Impressive to say the least and a bone for just about everyone... I'd hate to even attempt to calculate the man hours required for such a vast endeavor... Go ORBX...

Just a couple questions from 2018 road map - KGEG and the Alaskan Airports are now officially DOA ?

Beautiful shots - thanks for taking the time...

Regards,
Scott

I like what I see :)

I'm one of those who has decided to try out X-Plane after seeing the screenshots for the UK regions. It's a contained area for VFR flying and so ideal for me to build a new sim 'world' for my home country. Needless to say I'll be getting the other GB releases for XP.

I'm particularly looking forward to AU v2 having been all over Australia with the original AU regions together with OZx. I wonder if the the OZx freeware will sit well with v2 or maybe not even be as desirable - guess I'll find out sometime next year!

And the Africa LC and global buildings look particularly interesting and will be on my list. I'll probably end up getting many of the new airports as well if past experience is anything to go by ;D

I have to say that having been an FS9, FSX and now P3D enthusiast since 2002 the decision to try a whole new platform was not one I took lightly. It's not really the cost, more the effort I've put into heavily customised and tuned installations of each simulator. But I can see the advantage of using more than one simulator depending on the type of flying and visuals I want, my experience will be all the better for it in the long run.

Rob

Hoooooooly cow!! That's gonna be a very expensive year for me :lol::ph34r: Exept 2 or 3 they are ALL on my wishlist - or at least among very similar places. Finally moving jetways for ORBX sceneries!! And I love those SW US desert airports!

Thank you so much for those fantastic choices!

8 minutes ago, ba43 said:

What Alaska Airports are you talking about? I don't recall where this was announced. 

Brad

42 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

They are just postponed at the moment.

Hi Brad,

I forget which ones in particular - there are beautiful WIP pictures in JV's 2018 road map thread - only time I saw them posted... They were well outside the covered ORBX regions on Alaska's western and northern coasts... We chatted about possibly adding Unakleet for the "Flying Wild Alaska" fans - at the time - which I'd still love to see... I believe Markus who posted above is the developer...

Regards,
Scott

Based on the above it looks like the Middle East will be included as well.

2 hours ago, Nigelhj said:

Excellent news for 2019 John and also very pleased to read that you will be making the roads darker for X Plane 11 update TE South.  Will this also be done for TE Central?  

Regards

Nigel.

Yes it will be an option for all TE GB regions.

Firstly my I thank John and all at Orbx for all the scenery they have produced for us in 2018. The teams efforts are greatly appreciated and it was great to meet you all at Cosford earlier this year. I am sooooooooooooooo looking forward to 2019 and the release of TrueEarth PNW. This project was mentioned in the 2018 Roadmap as well but nothing seems to have been mentioned about it publicly for the last 12 months. I'm sure a lot has been going on in the background and as a fan of this area would love to see more screenshots and info about the Vancouver area in the future.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all the team.

1 hour ago, John Venema said:

Based on the above it looks like the Middle East will be included as well.

Hi john, if everything goes well with Orbx Global for X-Plane, can I have hopes to see the OpenLCs coming to the platform aswell? Other question I have is about the cityscapes, are they hard to port to X-Plane?

Thanks and I really liked the roadmap.

21 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Hello John

This is great to know.

Would LA also be a cityscape?  :rolleyes:

Yes each city in a TE region will have a cityscape made.

2 minutes ago, C.a said:

Hi john, if everything goes well with Orbx Global for X-Plane, can I have hopes to see the OpenLCs coming to the platform aswell? Other question I have is about the cityscapes, are they hard to port to X-Plane?

Thanks and I really liked the roadmap.

X-Plane does not use landclass like FSX/P3D does, it has a completely different architecture. With TrueEarth it is made redundant anyway.

@John V.

I remember that in the early days of FTX PNW there was a free demo area of the Olympic Peninsula. How about a demo area of one of the True Earth areas?

I have no doubt that the combination of the free demo of X-Plane and of a TE- area would get the last naysayers to get to the new platforms...

It was already a great day (starting vacation) but this is the icing. Honolulu cityscape!! Finally!! Shame that KGEG died but am still excited about the Alaskan airports, KBUR, KSGU, KSUN, (Billings?), and Larry's new work. AUv2 looks stunning as well. I assume the addon airports will work?

On 12/21/2018 at 9:30 AM, Cody Donnellan said:

Any idea if [YBBN] and [YMML] are coming to XP11

Hi Jv I saw your reply reference the port to XPlane.

More to the point when will YBBN be updated ? to include the missing link and start on the parallel runway??

Hi John! Quick question - Will OrbxGlobal for X-Plane create variation in water color? Currently, unlike P3D, X-Plane's water in the Caribbean looks the same as it would in a lake. Just in case it isn't clear, lakes usually have dark colored water and water surrounding islands is usually light blue/green - a big difference. It is also certainly worth noting that X-Plane users have been complaining about this for years. You guys are the right people to turn it around. :D

Thanks in advance!

Island

carribean.jpg.b483a28f7c822ae6d85fc06dfc75d220.jpg

Lake

GELI_aerial.thumb.JPG.d9df6a11a28ae0ce88533e444c51d005.JPG

show The TrueEarth UK P3D pics look rather good.  The buildings look very believeable, and I like the vegetation coverage, and the base imagery seems unquestionable.  From those shorts though, the only constructive criticism I can make is that the trees all seem a little samey, there doesn't appear to be any variation in types at all, which is a little disappointing.  I think some varied trees would very much add to the package - just my observations...   

EDIT: On second look its only the first smaller images that seem to suffer this, the larger images towards the end clearly show some tree type variations.  Maybe different builds?   Its all looking rather good, hope its coming soon :p

Many thanks for the reply John. 

Just one further question regarding your 2019 Road Map, you had previously written that with FSX  being 32 bit application True Earth UK could not be done in its' present format.  I only run FSX for my classic aircraft and wondering if there are any plans for replacing EU England, Scotland and Wales to run something similar to that of True Earth in FSX? 

Regards

Nigel.

On 12/21/2018 at 12:08 AM, SEBart said:

Thanks for the roadmap, really looking forward to 2019 now. Are there still plans for TrueEarth Germany? IIRC there was some talk about it during the TrueEarth technology announcement.

I also miss that one in the roadmap. Is TrueEarth Germany still on the list? As far as I understood you wanted to alternate between US and Europe regions so I hoped for TrueEarth Germany to come after TE PNW and before TE California.

Archived