ORBX 2019 ROADMAP (231 SCREENSHOTS!)

1 hour ago, MrDadGamer said:

What kind of coverage will there be for Eastern WA and Eastern OR other than Spokane as you mentioned?

If there are landmarks in particular that you think are needed in other places apart from the major areas above then please post them in this thread: 

In coverage terms, it will be complete autogen just like the GB TE regions, so it won't be that there are empty cities, but if particular areas have buildings that can't be represented with generic autogen textures and it stands out to make the area unique then we'll likely model it.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, tonywob said:

If there are landmarks in particular that you think are needed in other places apart from the major areas above then please post them in this thread: 

In coverage terms, it will be complete autogen just like the GB TE regions, so it won't be that there are empty cities, but if particular areas have buildings that can't be represented with generic autogen textures and it stands out to make the area unique then we'll likely model it.

I think the ones I've seen in that thread are all the ones I had thought about suggesting. I did just add a couple possible POIs though. I look forward to your PNW CityScapes sceneries. Thanks again for creating TE PNW!.

On 1/19/2019 at 10:27 AM, John Venema said:

We will have our own high quality PBR-enabled cityscapes included in our TE regions which will replace and supersede any other products. We have over 800 POI 3D models (all with PBR) planned for Washington alone. The same applies for the other North American TE regions, which will all come with many PBR cityscapes:

PNW Washington - Seattle, Bellevue, Everett, Tacoma, Olympia, Spokane, Victoria BC

PNW Oregon - Portland, Eugene

PNW British Columbia - Vancouver, Richmond, Surrey, Nanaimo

Northern California - San Francisco, Alameda, Silicon Valley, San Jose, Oakland, Sacramento 

Southern California - Los Angeles, Hollywood, San Diego, Santa Maria, Long Beach

@John Venema;

First, I want to thank you for doing this for the best coast - the West Coast of North America.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Thanks and I will get you some POI submissions this weekend!

On 1/19/2019 at 3:27 PM, John Venema said:

We will have our own high quality PBR-enabled cityscapes included in our TE regions which will replace and supersede any other products. We have over 800 POI 3D models (all with PBR) planned for Washington alone. The same applies for the other North American TE regions, which will all come with many PBR cityscapes:

PNW Washington - Seattle, Bellevue, Everett, Tacoma, Olympia, Spokane, Victoria BC

PNW Oregon - Portland, Eugene

PNW British Columbia - Vancouver, Richmond, Surrey, Nanaimo

Northern California - San Francisco, Alameda, Silicon Valley, San Jose, Oakland, Sacramento 

Southern California - Los Angeles, Hollywood, San Diego, Santa Maria, Long Beach

Hey john, will the X-plane versions of those regions include those cityscapes also? I'm asking because all cityscapes released until now are exclusive for FSX/P3D.

First, thanks for bringing these awesome updates!

I have one question in regards to the ORBX ESSA update. During the Twitch.tv presentation it was mentioned that the update would be out in around one week.  25 days have now passed and I'm wondering if you guys have any more updates.

Thanks,

Andreas

5 minutes ago, Sm0kill said:

First, thanks for bringing these awesome updates!

I have one question in regards to the ORBX ESSA update. During the Twitch.tv presentation it was mentioned that the update would be out in around one week.  25 days have now passed and I'm wondering if you guys have any more updates.

Thanks,

Andreas

It’s on its way. :)

Just now, Marcus Nyberg said:

I think the reason you were asking in the first place was because of the estimate that we didnt manage to reach so I think I’ll sit this on out and leave it to be a surprise instead ;)

Yeah, I fully respect that. I'm sure you guys have a released date that you're aiming for. Giving released dates to the flight simulator community never seems to go well... 

Thanks anyways.

On 1/21/2019 at 12:21 PM, Marcus Nyberg said:

It's in beta. On it's way :)

Coming soon, etc.

Perhaps we were a bit too optimistic back in December, but it's definitly almost ready.

Don’t give release dates if you’re unsure.  If you give a date, please either keep it or give an update on that date if release is delayed.   Silence + no release is poor relations. So many devs do the same ,disappear.   Issuee happen, life happens, delays happen. 100% understand.  Its the lack of communication that is the problem. 

I have heard excused of well they are working on products,   It only takes a few minutes to post an update. 

Ie the above.   25 days and nothing to say until pushed for an answer.   

35 minutes ago, chifan90 said:

Don’t give release dates if you’re unsure.  If you give a date, please either keep it or give an update on that date if release is delayed.   Silence + no release is poor relations. So many devs do the same ,disappear.   Issuee happen, life happens, delays happen. 100% understand.  Its the lack of communication that is the problem. 

I have heard excused of well they are working on products,   It only takes a few minutes to post an update. 

Ie the above.   25 days and nothing to say until pushed for an answer.   

We have commented on this several times in the forum in several posts during this period.

It is in beta. We were to eager, stuff happens, we need to adjust some things.

Yes, lesson learned. 

No pleasing some folk.. If you want updates, and the company is prepared to do them, discuss them by all means, make suggestions, but don't be critical about "what and when".. That is downright rude, so just be thankful that we have Orbx on our side. Terry...

Greetings

I do understand the anxiaty produced by a product that has been announced to be launched soon, believe me, I passed through that with Orlando. It generates lots of expectation,, therefore I think that keeping the community posted on any delay about the launch of a product  is a very healthy thing to practice.

I have seen how lots of people lost interests in Quito & MROC as they have been announced for years and still are about to come, Quito first, of course this level of delay would never happen in Orbx, but it is just an example of what I've seen in other forums, people lose faith due to lack of communication, or buy competitors's products.

On the other hand the community, us, should not be demanding on the release of a product as many things my affect its launch.

Let's not forget we're ruthless predators of quality, and a rush launch could be fatal. So the procudt will be released when it qualifies to be launched.

Is Orbx obliged to do a update?

I don't think so, then being demanding is less justified I would say. As Terry said above we should be thankful for them to take this initiative, let's just be patient, is also healthy for the wallet :lol:

Your new Honolulu cityscape product will be stunning.  As a former resident of Honolulu, may I suggest adding a few POI objects that I don't think are visible in the pre-beta screenshot that you have posted?  There are iconic Waikiki beachfront hotels that everyone will want to see.  I am thinking of the pink Royal Hawaiian Hotel, the Sheraton Moana with its banyan tree courtyard, and also the Hilton Hawaiian Village complex that anchors the western end of Waikiki beach. On the north side of the city, the Pali Highway leading to the Pali Overlook, and the Likelike Highway, are important orienting features.  And to the east, around Diamond Head, people who have visited Hawaii would appreciate it if Hanauma Bay and Makapuu Point were recognizable. 

On 1/19/2019 at 9:51 AM, chifan90 said:

@John Venema

Why is the US focus quite delayed and or limited in scope? 2019 just started, TE east coast not until sometime in 2020.    

Another big question, will you convert or make X-Plane ( Mac included )  City Scapes?   Orlando looks great. Would be

nice to have more cities; Disney World.

lastly, I know you guys don’t do mega airports, you should but owell.  But can you please replicate a real WW2  base in Europe

It's almost 2020 already... I'm psyched it's coming that fast....

Greetings

May I ask if something for Latin America has been considered, planned, evaluated, debated?

Will we ever see something for this area?

I realized Orbx has many years producing but nothing for this side of the world, except the SA LC, so I'm just curious about the reasons, and as to know if I should wait longer

Thank you

Was just reviewing the roadmap for X-plane. If I was a bettin' man, would this be a fair guess about order of releases for X-plane in 2019? 

1) the last few UK airports converted from FSX,

2) the drip drip of individual airports in PNW,

3) TE PNW,

4) Global Base for X-plane.

Wild card: TE Ireland.

Wouldn't it be neat if there were some sort of contest where first best guess gets an ORBX treat. :)

Tim

The roadmap highlights TE PNW for P3Dv4 as one of the major release plans for this year.   TE PNW is also mentioned for XP.   I have always been a leading edge scenery user and that's why I love Orbx.  However, I also love P3D.  I have a high end system which is nicely tuned (along with selected Display profiles) to run TE GB South for P3Dv4 at an average of 30 FPS  or more everywhere.  JV has mentioned that he wants to hire enough programmers so he can ultimately release the same new scenery on P3D and XP platforms at the same time.   For me, the sooner the better.  However, until such time  as developer parity is reached on the new True Earth releases, can we pretty much expect True Earth releases (PNW for example) to always come out first on XP with several months elapsing before they come out on P3Dv4?   

Rod

Yes, that should be your expectation. TE USA Washington is about 45% complete for XP11 and you will soon be given preview shots of what this remarkable part of the world looks like with hundreds of POI models all with PBR enabled. If you thought TE GB was a game changer, this is a whole new level again.

@John Venema

The offerings for 2019 look amazing!  I can't wait to fly all of these regions.

My favorite region to fly is Alaska, and the ORBX SA and Airports never disappoint.  But I do wish the mountain ranges were better defined.  I've wasted more than a few dollars on mesh products that sharpen those jagged peaks nicely, but never quite agree with the ORBX scenery, so I scrapped them.

I'd like to make a wish and plant the seed here, that the ORBX developers produce a higher definition mesh for those regions already available.  I've often thought that high definition scenery for specific areas like mountain ranges, and other particularly spectacular geologic formations would be a great addon, at a definition at least equal to the individual airports.  ...something a bit finer than the current regions offer, anyway.   Scenic areas like Denali State Park, the Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and the glaciers and rivers with their gravel bar playgrounds, would be stunning additions to the current line of scenery products.

Any chance of considering a line of "Flight Seeing" products like this?  I'd snap them up in a heartbeat!

5 hours ago, steeveoh said:

@John Venema

The offerings for 2019 look amazing!  I can't wait to fly all of these regions.

My favorite region to fly is Alaska, and the ORBX SA and Airports never disappoint.  But I do wish the mountain ranges were better defined.  I've wasted more than a few dollars on mesh products that sharpen those jagged peaks nicely, but never quite agree with the ORBX scenery, so I scrapped them.

I'd like to make a wish and plant the seed here, that the ORBX developers produce a higher definition mesh for those regions already available.  I've often thought that high definition scenery for specific areas like mountain ranges, and other particularly spectacular geologic formations would be a great addon, at a definition at least equal to the individual airports.  ...something a bit finer than the current regions offer, anyway.   Scenic areas like Denali State Park, the Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and the glaciers and rivers with their gravel bar playgrounds, would be stunning additions to the current line of scenery products.

Any chance of considering a line of "Flight Seeing" products like this?  I'd snap them up in a heartbeat!

That sounds like a good idea if the demand was there and data available.

Any added processing cost would be offset by the fact these regions are generally remote and have little autogen.

All this talk of HIGH DEFINITION that is being requested is leading me to rethink my need to follow the ever rising detail level.

With a low end Dual Core system running FSX and going up to a i5 and possibly P3D this year, I feel even this higher system may not be good enough to run these newer products adequately. There seems to be decision to go for the higher level of detail requiring a higher level of computer system so maybe I may have to rethink whether I continue to support ORBx products and look for other lower detailed sceneries (and cheaper).

My interest in FSX is as a flight simulator NOT a real earth simulator, and with ORBx discontinuing support for FSX in the near future, I may have to take a couple of months to reconcider my scenery direction for the future.

It has been fun going along for the ride with ORBx/FTX and their superior sceneries, it has been a blast.

Will have to see where I decide to go.

Archived