ORBX 2019 ROADMAP (231 SCREENSHOTS!)

On 10/10/2019 at 8:03 AM, Dario said:

I am missing new releases for XP11  these last two weeks.

Maybe you spoiled me after some weeks releasing so many different and wonderful sceneries (I bought them all :) )

Any new scenery on the pipeline to be released this week for XP11 or P3D?

Regards, 

Dario 

On 10/10/2019 at 10:05 AM, Christopher Low said:

It will be good to have a version of EGPH Edinburgh with the modifications that have been made for heavy airliners, and also the new apron to the south.

On 10/10/2019 at 10:43 AM, orbmoke said:

X Plane 11 - Personally I'm up for any new UK airport/airfield and also any new MAJOR worldwide airports that OrbX releases. Not so interested in the small tin pot airfields outside of the UK to be honest. And of course anything TE anywhere! Looking forward to the upcoming California TE scenery!

Your wish is our command, EGPH for both XP11 and P3D to be released on the same day:

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/16/2019 at 2:45 PM, jordancollins said:

Is Burbank still be developed? It won't require SOCAL will it? 

Yes it is underway. It won't require SOCAL but of course will look better with it.

On 6/24/2019 at 10:38 AM, djbully said:

OLC Africa Q1 2019. Hows that coming along?

In beta testing next week.

On 6/29/2019 at 8:22 AM, pvupilot said:

Hoping for an announcement about TE GB North for P3D soon. And an update on KSGU. 

Aiming for before xmas or earlier for the remainder of the TE GB series for P3D, including a complete rebuild of South for major performance improvements.

On 7/14/2019 at 6:50 AM, Burning Bridges said:

I know I'm late to the party but has Holland North for XPlane been given the green light? I like sort of like the idea of having "islands" in Europe that we can then connect with our own Ortho4XP overflight zones. This sounds more and more realisty for me because a ZL 15 tile is only ~400 Megabyte and I can for example fill the entire France with only ca 30 Gbyte. From 10,000m it looks more or less the same and fps are excellent during those overflights. I just tested it for a small part of France and it was 60 fps all the way.

Austria sounds interesting to me too because then Germany can be "filled" the same way and we can do flights to Holland or UK.

TE Holland for XP11 is on hold, too many technical issues to overcome which need Laminar tools not available yet.

On 7/16/2019 at 9:36 PM, jordancollins said:

Is KBUR still development or has it been cancelled? Also what about Spokane Wash? 

Yes Matteo is working on KBUR.

Spokane was released for P3D quite some years ago, not sure of the status of the XP11 port; not very soon.

4 hours ago, John Venema said:
On 6/24/2019 at 11:38 AM, djbully said:

OLC Africa Q1 2019. Hows that coming along?

In beta testing next week.

Surely great to get it

And it would be fantastic to include some typical african wildlife : OLC provides accurate landscape with trees  ... why not in the countryside areas to put elephants, zebras and so... there could be static ! :) Impossible ? )

7 hours ago, John Venema said:

Spokane was released for P3D quite some years ago, not sure of the status of the XP11 port; not very soon.

I thought I saw Spokane KGEG was in development.  Maybe I was wrong.  That was Spokane 'downtown' you released, right?

Will we have an Newcastle ORBX Airport before the end of the year, especially in Xplane 11, at Cosford I spoke to John and he confirmed that it had been started but as I was trying to fly the simulator I couldn't ask too many questions.

On 10/17/2019 at 8:56 AM, John Venema said:

Your wish is our command, EGPH for both XP11 and P3D to be released on the same day:

Excellent, I'll be in Edinburgh in about 2 weeks.

Now, we just need some Irish love ... I'll be there also, if you need images, let me know, I'll bring the good cameras.

Cheers, Rob.

On 10/17/2019 at 1:45 PM, jean marc said:

Surely great to get it

And it would be fantastic to include some typical african wildlife : OLC provides accurate landscape with trees  ... why not in the countryside areas to put elephants, zebras and so... there could be static ! :) Impossible ? )

Jean,

You can add your own with this little program.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/483406-wildlife-support/?tab=comments#comment-3371948

• 2 weeks later...

Some unexpected, but fantastic scenery released this year with another couple (TE NorCal and Samedan) appearing to soon be added to the Orbx catalogue.

Going back to the original post here, is there any news on:

• NZNV Invercargill
  • Channel Islands, Alderney
  • KSGU St George
  • Cityscape Cote d'Azur
  • 61B Boulder City
  • KBUR Burbank
  • ENBO Bodø
  • KDAL Dallas Love Field

and for XP:

• KEGE Eagle County
  • Orbx Global for XP11

I understand if priorities have been shifted to elsewhere, though it would be good to know which are still being progressed in the background, which, if any, have been cancelled, and if progress has been paused, slowed, or soon to get a fresh impetus on any of these.

Thanks.

On 6/26/2019 at 10:25 AM, xianghengyi1995@163.com said:

Any news about KEGE?:P

I take it you mean for XP11, since P3D Version is out.

Also, others asked about Spokane International, which I recall seeing previews of, which is KGEG.

On 11/1/2019 at 12:20 PM, F737NG said:

Some unexpected, but fantastic scenery released this year with another couple (TE NorCal and Samedan) appearing to soon be added to the Orbx catalogue.

Going back to the original post here, is there any news on:

• NZNV Invercargill
  • Channel Islands, Alderney
  • KSGU St George
  • Cityscape Cote d'Azur
  • 61B Boulder City
  • KBUR Burbank
  • ENBO Bodø
  • KDAL Dallas Love Field

and for XP:

• KEGE Eagle County
  • Orbx Global for XP11

I understand if priorities have been shifted to elsewhere, though it would be good to know which are still being progressed in the background, which, if any, have been cancelled, and if progress has been paused, slowed, or soon to get a fresh impetus on any of these.

Thanks.

I'd love to hear news about these three: KSGU, KBUR and KDAL. 

*** Please note! *** Many of the screenshots shown here are from pre-alpha, alpha and beta stages of development and are not necessarily  indicative of the final product. Inclusion in this roadmap does NOT indicate a commitment or promise by Orbx to deliver the mentioned product in calendar year 2019;  all software projects are subject to delays and resource requirements are sometimes out of our control.

Please understand that I publish a roadmap to give you all an idea of our intended plans for the year ahead, but it's not a promise which we need to be accountable for, nor need reminding of every few days in this never-dying thread :) 

Archived