ORBX 2019 ROADMAP (231 SCREENSHOTS!)

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will the new HD Buildings be the Autogen Buildings ?

The Alaska autogen looks so ridiculous I switch it off.

If autogen could be designed for specific areas, you would sell tons !

Good luck. Looking good.

But please don't forget Jersey and Guernsey, and consider a few more UK regionals, like Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Leeds Bradford.

At the moment regionals that blend in properly with seasonal variations in the OrbX regions, are sadly non-existent. You would sell a shed load, and if they existed, more people would purchase the regions !

35 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

If autogen could be designed for specific areas, you would sell tons !

This has always been the case as fat back as FSX.  P3D4.4 now supports multiple autogen files meaning autogen from different developers can work happily alongside each other (at last!) :)

3 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

This has always been the case as fat back as FSX.  P3D4.4 now supports multiple autogen files meaning autogen from different developers can work happily alongside each other (at last!) :)

So can I happily install FraceVFR Paris without causing a mess? B)

On 12/21/2018 at 6:27 AM, mburkhard said:

Great update, thanks!

Delighted to see progress about OpenLC and the HD buildings! SODE, Channel Islands, Norway... good stuff there!

Here's one wish I have for 2019:

@John Venema Now that ORBX will be using SODE, could you PLEASE develop a SODE controlled windsock so that you can finally ditch those ugly default windsocks spread out over all your airports? SODE allows for functional windsocks showing strength and direction, while being beautifully animated. Other developers have done this and it is fantastic, would suit your airports very well, especially the small GA airfields where one parks and taxies literally next to the windsock.

Oh and I still have that dream about an FTX Switzerland region ;)

All the best for 2019,

Markus

I will echo this... I currently use ORBX in our flight training and the static/non-functional windsocks are a bit... weird. Would definitely be a great thing to have! (Especially for airports without weather reporting)

It is too bad that Aerofly FS2 is just an after thought, was hoping to hear some better news for 2019.  I understand the reasoning, you produce what will sell the most product.  But it still hurts to see Aerofly FS2 on the bottom of the list.  Aerofly FS2 will get better over time with greater number of players, just hope I am still around to see it.

Happy New Year to the P3D and X plane crowd it looks like you are in for a treat in 2019

Any love for the NE region of the US on the way?  I recall that, years ago, you were planning on a Maritimes region that would dip as far down as Massachusetts.  It seems like a great majority of your development of US scenery is for the Pacific area... Is there any reason that the development of scenery in the east is so disproportionately small?

Thanks,

Hi

This is a question for John and the Orbx Team. I did mention over Xmas. I am a big fan of the Pacific Northwest area and spend much of my time flying around it. I think, but may be wrong that Orbx hinted of a release for TrueEarth PNW in 2018. I know the team have been very busy so am not complaining, but would like to be cheeky and ask when they plan for its release. I'm not looking for dates or times, but would be happy with a reply such as, early, mid or late 2019. :D

Hi,

Nick, you told me a while back orbx doesn’t focus on large US airports.  I see kmco is coming in orlando city scenes. Looks nice, Disney details.   

I request 2 things for consideration: 

1- port City Scenes to X-Plane Mac compatible 

2- make a WW2 themed airfield in Europe. The new EGTR was a war field but it doesn’t include period pieces. Would love to fly a Spitfire into an accurately made field. 

Thanks. Please reply addressing both

@John Venema  @Nick Cooper

18 hours ago, paulk said:

Hi

This is a question for John and the Orbx Team. I did mention over Xmas. I am a big fan of the Pacific Northwest area and spend much of my time flying around it. I think, but may be wrong that Orbx hinted of a release for TrueEarth PNW in 2018. I know the team have been very busy so am not complaining, but would like to be cheeky and ask when they plan for its release. I'm not looking for dates or times, but would be happy with a reply such as, early, mid or late 2019. :D

2019 is all about TE regions in the USA!

TE PNW will be split into Washington and Oregon, and then maybe BC if we can license ortho for it. Washington will be done by about May-June and Oregon July-August. We will then do Northern and Southern California before heading back to Europe in 2020.

On 1/9/2019 at 5:53 PM, flybius said:

Any love for the NE region of the US on the way?  I recall that, years ago, you were planning on a Maritimes region that would dip as far down as Massachusetts.  It seems like a great majority of your development of US scenery is for the Pacific area... Is there any reason that the development of scenery in the east is so disproportionately small?

Thanks,

We will do TE regions on the east coast of the US in 2020.

20 hours ago, John Venema said:

TE PNW will be split into Washington and Oregon, and then maybe BC if we can license ortho for it. Washington will be done by about May-June and Oregon July-August. We will then do Northern and Southern California before heading back to Europe in 2020.

Thanks for the detailed reply, better start saving my pennies. I hope you have success with the BC data.

4 hours ago, MrDadGamer said:

Any insight if TE PNW will release for XP or P3d first?

All TE region development is happening on XP11 first at present, purely because our new tools are made to produce XP11 output. We are working on introducing processes that will allow output to P3D in a semi automated fashion.

On 1/12/2019 at 10:38 AM, John Venema said:

So I need to budget and get my wallet ready for later this year through 2020! ORBX you got my vote again and again! Looking forward to the East Coast as well. 

@John Venema

Why is the US focus quite delayed and or limited in scope? 2019 just started, TE east coast not until sometime in 2020.    

Another big question, will you convert or make X-Plane ( Mac included )  City Scapes?   Orlando looks great. Would be

nice to have more cities; Disney World.

lastly, I know you guys don’t do mega airports, you should but owell.  But can you please replicate a real WW2  base in Europe

On 1/12/2019 at 9:38 AM, John Venema said:

Washington, Seattle area is already covered by Drzweicki Seattle.   Will your Washington be compatible?    Doing California first woul be better. Focus on an area not existent yet imo.  Too often developers remake the same stuff

We will have our own high quality PBR-enabled cityscapes included in our TE regions which will replace and supersede any other products. We have over 800 POI 3D models (all with PBR) planned for Washington alone. The same applies for the other North American TE regions, which will all come with many PBR cityscapes:

PNW Washington - Seattle, Bellevue, Everett, Tacoma, Olympia, Spokane, Victoria BC

PNW Oregon - Portland, Eugene

PNW British Columbia - Vancouver, Richmond, Surrey, Nanaimo

Northern California - San Francisco, Alameda, Silicon Valley, San Jose, Oakland, Sacramento 

Southern California - Los Angeles, Hollywood, San Diego, Santa Maria, Long Beach

Wow, very ambitious! Good luck, I'm looking very forward to it! :)

The aerials used by Drzewiecki are not the sharpest  one in my opinion. 

So good having P3D in 64bit! When I remember the former times where I have to fiddle everything to avoid CTD's. And it was so often, when I was flying to Vancouver; just before landing: black textures and after that: peng, OOM! It's over now, what a luck!

Kai

Looking at the very nice pictures of Stockholm Arlanda Airport, i was just wondering about the major update that is coming.

In december mr Venema said in the livestream, that the major update is coming "really, really soon. Within a week or so".

Any news on when to expect it? 

3 minutes ago, Jan Wie said:

Looking at the very nice pictures of Stockholm Arlanda Airport, i was just wondering about the major update that is coming.

In december mr Venema said in the livestream, that the major update is coming "really, really soon. Within a week or so".

Any news on when to expect it? 

It's in beta. On it's way :)

Coming soon, etc.

Perhaps we were a bit too optimistic back in December, but it's definitly almost ready.

On 1/19/2019 at 6:27 PM, John Venema said:

We will have our own high quality PBR-enabled cityscapes included in our TE regions which will replace and supersede any other products. We have over 800 POI 3D models (all with PBR) planned for Washington alone. The same applies for the other North American TE regions, which will all come with many PBR cityscapes:

PNW Washington - Seattle, Bellevue, Everett, Tacoma, Olympia, Spokane, Victoria BC

Northern California - San Francisco, Alameda, Silicon Valley, San Jose, Oakland, Sacramento 

Southern California - Los Angeles, Hollywood, San Diego, Santa Maria, Long Beach

Hi John

The above sounds great. I believe I read that XP Versions for all the above will be released first then ported over to P3d at a later date.

There currently seems a large large time gap between XP release versions (ie TrueEarth GB) and future P3d versions. May I ask with the current recruitment of extra staff is this time gap something that you plan to reduce going forwards.

Basically the long time gaps prior to P3d Version releases is killing me.

On 1/19/2019 at 1:27 PM, John Venema said:

What kind of coverage will there be for Eastern WA and Eastern OR other than Spokane as you mentioned?

Archived