ORBX 2019 ROADMAP (231 SCREENSHOTS!)

TE Germany was not on any official list, nor have we shown previews of it.

We would like to do TE Germany of course, it's our 3rd biggest market after USA and UK, but it depends on resources available and data as well.

Any questions about TE regions can be answered like this: Yes, of course we want to do it. It will take time, but eventually we'll get around to it. We are focusing on the areas we know will produce the revenues to continue to feed R&D back into the TE projects. Once those are done we can focus on regions we'd love to do because of their scenic value.

Please take note of my disclaimer at the start of the topic. Anything listed is not a promise to deliver, but our intent to want to produce.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, John Venema said:

We would like to do TE Germany of course, it's our 3rd biggest market after USA and UK, but it depends on resources available and data as well.

Any questions about TE regions can be answered like this: Yes, of course we want to do it. It will take time, but eventually we'll get around to it. We are focusing on the areas we know will produce the revenues to continue to feed R&D back into the TE projects. Once those are done we can focus on regions we'd love to do because of their scenic value.

Please take note of my disclaimer at the start of the topic. Anything listed is not a promise to deliver, but our intent to want to produce.

Thanks for clarifying. Looking forward to any TrueEarth product you will deliver for P3D.

4 hours ago, John Venema said:

I am also hoping for a TE Germany for X-Plane. And I definitely know a lot of dudes that would instantly buy it - myself included.

Please don‘t discard the idea and the market behind TE Germany :)

I wish you all a merry christmas and nice holidays!

6 hours ago, Stevil said:

I am also hoping for a TE Germany for X-Plane. And I definitely know a lot of dudes that would instantly buy it - myself included.

Please don‘t discard the idea and the market behind TE Germany :)

I wish you all a merry christmas and nice holidays!

Yep, I would buy germany, and most other western european countries as well.  Patience is a virtue!  Cheers.

Hi teecee,

7 hours ago, teecee said:

Forgive me if I have missed something, but I was wondering if PNG, being part of the original Aus, will receive any treatment in the new release? Terry.

AUv1 doesn't include enhancements to Papua New Guinea. Instead, those were included with our "AYPY Jacksons International Airport" and "TAP Tapini Airport" packages plus the freeware PNG mesh.

Cheers, Holger

21 hours ago, st1322 said:

Forgive me if I missed it, but do you plan to release any other non true earth regions? Europe is halted in Germany and so is USA. I wonder if you think to go east in the USA and further in Europe?

Tom

The same question from me!

Would be great s to see more US and Europa (NON true earth)

True earth might look great, but ist depressing perfomrance to hard and I can not affort to buy I additional hard disk for every second Region release.

And I already ask that 10 times, what about San Francisco? Why is there no reasonable, up to date Version like a City Scape from orbx of this most beautyful City in the world? :-)

On 12/17/2018 at 1:35 PM, John Venema said:

Our plans for AFS2 in 2019 are less defined than for P3D and XP11, although we will continue with some ports of the most popular airports which fall within an IPACS region DLC coverage, and perhaps porting the TrueEarth GB series to the sim.

Extremely disappointed with this news... Was counting on PNW and hoping for GB but now we may not get either...? Just a few airports...? I fully understand the decision but it's very disappointing nonetheless. Specially because Aerofly FS 2 is my number 1 scenery sim and I stopped buying scenery completely for my other sims. I actually planned to only buy TrueEarth sceneries for AFS2 but after reading this news I immediately bought KPSP (with a nice discount) which was the only Orbx AFS2 addon I didn't own yet. (So at least one good thing came out of this bad news. ^_^ ) What a shame... I had such high hopes. But now not only IPACS is letting me down but also Orbx. I hope at LEAST GB will be released for AFS2 anyway.

8 hours ago, J van E said:

Extremely disappointed with this news... Was counting on PNW and hoping for GB but now we may not get either...? Just a few airports...? I fully understand the decision but it's very disappointing nonetheless. Specially because Aerofly FS 2 is my number 1 scenery sim and I stopped buying scenery completely for my other sims. I actually planned to only buy TrueEarth sceneries for AFS2 but after reading this news I immediately bought KPSP (with a nice discount) which was the only Orbx AFS2 addon I didn't own yet. (So at least one good thing came out of this bad news. ^_^ ) What a shame... I had such high hopes. But now not only IPACS is letting me down but also Orbx. I hope at LEAST GB will be released for AFS2 anyway.

I felt the same way, AFS 2 has a whole lot of potential but it needs some high quality 3rd party developers to jump on board to catch up with the "big ones" P3D and X-plane 11. I understand that the user number is small but it will only get bigger if there are high quality sceneries and aircraft available. It probably also needs some good freeware designers to make it more attractive for newcomers. I had hopes that ORBX getting involved would cause more people to check out the platform, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work that way. Still hoping to see a few Regions ported to AFS 2, its performance is second to none. 

As a P3D user I am very happy with the list,  but I must have missed the Q-date for release of Aus2.  Could you help me please, as of course it is number one on my purchase list. GB TE Sth is number 2.  I hope other simmers are like many of us, we buy and fly the entire world.

I must say am absolutely loving the XP 11 TrueEarth GB South/central sceneries and eagerly looking forward to the north to finish off GB. 

I understand John saying 'The majority of new content we're working on now is for Prepar3D. This is still the dominant platform'  But I also realise that XP 11 has now got its foot well and truly in the ORBX door, so will look forward  and continue to support/purchase as many XP11 orbx add-ons as i can to encourage further development in this direction. 

I think the way forward with any of these sims is definitely the 'True Earth-ortho-orbx' combination, the extra realism from these photo sceneries with the magical touch from ORBX is the real icing on the simulation cake.  So a BIG thank you from me to a great company,  here's looking forward to many more years of flight sim ORBX heaven!

15 hours ago, macca22au said:

As a P3D user I am very happy with the list,  but I must have missed the Q-date for release of Aus2.  Could you help me please, as of course it is number one on my purchase list. GB TE Sth is number 2.  I hope other simmers are like many of us, we buy and fly the entire world.

No date has been given out yet . :(:(

John

I'm still hoping for LC Asia and perhaps some areas in the likes of FTX eg Malaysia and Singapore or a Cityscape Singapore. Is there anything known of since it has been a long time since LC was focused last. 

Me, too, can't and won't want to afford more HD space for the True Earth (TE) sceneries, which are great, but more for local simmers who live there or have bonds to that areas. In my opinion TE is more than suitable for Aerofly FS 2, since that Sim is based on that type of sceneries, whereas P3D v4+ is more the FTX like of sceneries in due respect for the fps and or in combination with flying airliners of PMDG or FSL which are very hefty on their own. 

Thanks anyway for Roadmap 2019 which just shows that there's a future for P3D and raises the excitement for many new and innovative products from your company. My P3D setup is mainly based on your products by the way. 

Kind regards and merry Christmas to you, your staff and your beloved. 

Thanks for the roadmap.  I must say that it was disappointing not to see openLC Asia on the list but I understand that resources are limited and you have lots of things to work on.

Glad to see openLC Africa and Australia v2 available early next year.  Can't wait for those.

You guys are awesome.

Dave

Our plans for XP11 in 2019 is to continue to port our legacy Orbx airports from P3D to XP11, concurrent to releasing brand new content as well. We will also continue to develop TrueEarth regions, with TE Pacific Northwest for XP11 being the first in North America.

TE PNW will be truly awesome. Need a spare 2TB SSD for this one. TE Switzerland + TE PNW + ...

Being that my flying tendencies put me squarely on the "FTX+OLC" side of the "argument", I second the concerns that those lines will get put on the back burner, or worse, abandoned with the advent of TE.  Especially OLC, when it's oooh-so-close to global coverage.  I'm not saying such has been said nor am I intent on speculating, but just the same I feel it's a legitimate concern.

TE just isn't for me.  That said, if you were to offer a TE of Western half of NY State (an area roughly 1/2 or so of TE Netherlands), I would snatch that up in a heartbeat, seasons or no seasons (though such an offering would be sacrilege without snow on the ground)!  Of course, I also understand that such a project would probably have a priority such that its release date would fall somewhere in the mid-2300s!

In the end, to each their own and I respect the decision regardless.  Looking forward to the 2019 offerings!

Archived