Has anybody heard from

20 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Another one gone missing?

Oh there are so many good old virtual friends that turned away from here, unfortunately. For different reasons, may be health issues, may be shifting of interest or simply lack of time. Some have got challenging jobs, some even children.

If I may start a list, I´d spontanously remember @Kasi31, @Mallard, @twsimfan, @VH-KDK, @kiwi stu, @Wolter van der Spoel, @Sniper31 or @Ryan Mason. And I am sure there are more former contributors with tons of humour and good spirit... would be really glad if one or the other turns back.

52 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Oh there are so many good old virtual friends that turned away from here, unfortunately. For different reasons, may be health issues, may be shifting of interest or simply lack of time. Some have got challenging jobs, some even children.

If I may start a list, I´d spontanously remember @Kasi31, @Mallard, @twsimfan, @VH-KDK, @kiwi stu, @Wolter van der Spoel, @Sniper31 or @Ryan Mason. And I am sure there are more former contributors with tons of humour and good spirit... would be really glad if one or the other turns back.

To which I would add Dario,  European Mountain Man (Stewart) and Adam Banks

Dario hasn't responded to PM's in quite a while.  

He has a very challenging profession and that may be taking all his time

Stewart has been ages ... :(

Adam occasionally posts, but not for a while 

Miss them all :(

Cheers

Pete

Folks it's not just at this forum, this is going on at other screenshot forums as well. Guys with 15, 20 or more years have just vanished never to be seen again. :unsure::(  I would say i've noticed this gradually happening over the last 5yrs or more. Don't have a clue. :(

How about Paulb, another one.

4 hours ago, adambar said:

Folks it's not just at this forum, this is going on at other screenshot forums as well. Guys with 15, 20 or more years have just vanished never to be seen again. :unsure::(  I would say i've noticed this gradually happening over the last 5yrs or more. Don't have a clue. :(

Remember Eric C, he was a big time poster at the screenshot forum. 

5 hours ago, adambar said:

Remember Eric C, he was a big time poster at the screenshot forum. 

9 hours ago, adambar said:

Absolutely Adam, @paulb, @Eric C, @European Mountain Man, @Adam Banks and @Dario have not been posting a lot recently. At least, with the exception of Eric, they look around from time to time!

9 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Maybe it's a good reminder to say farewell if we have to leave the forum for one reason or another. 

That is a good suggestion, Rodger!

Don't want to sound morbid but we're all getting older and Its possible that many of those who go missing have gone on the the other place (if there is one).  This is very much a solitary hobby and their nearest and dearest wouldn't necessarily know who to notify.  My Sheila has started the occasional communication with Rodger and Trudy but I suspect that's unusual.

Hello,

in fact, Terry has a wide range of contacts in the flightsim world and no doubt in many other fields as well.

I would sincerely hope that one would have let us know.

They did so a few years ago when he was rushed to hospital.

His last post was as recent as the 22nd January, so I am hopeful that he is still with us and that he will be back.:)

11 minutes ago, John York said:

Don't want to sound morbid but we're all getting older and Its possible that many of those who go missing have gone on the the other place (if there is one).  This is very much a solitary hobby and their nearest and dearest wouldn't necessarily know who to notify.  My Sheila has started the occasional communication with Rodger and Trudy but I suspect that's unusual.

I hear ya John, but it is the short period of time that all these people have vanished from Orbx and other sites as well that gets me.

5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Absolutely Adam, @paulb, @Eric C, @European Mountain Man, @Adam Banks and @Dario have not been posting a lot recently. At least, with the exception of Eric, they look around from time to time!

That is a good suggestion, Rodger!

I am still alive and well! I do look in regularly. Just not flying much at the moment! Hope you are all keeping well.

1 hour ago, paulb said:

I am still alive and well! I do look in regularly. Just not flying much at the moment! Hope you are all keeping well.

That is good and understandable news, Paul. Me likes!

BTW Adam Banks just voted in the screenshot contest, so he is present as well, shortening our initial list.

3 hours ago, paulb said:

Oops, I guess we can remove you from that you know what list. :rolleyes:  Great to know your alive and well Paul. :D

On 4/1/2021 at 4:32 AM, Stillwater said:

I miss Christoph/ Moonman. A real gentleman.

On 4/3/2021 at 12:12 AM, Patrick Cox said:

@Wolter van der Spoel and @Ryan Masonhave been active on 

@Wolter van der Spoel

is still a regular visitor to the forums, but he is only reading, not posting. The last time he was here at the forums was on last friday, April 02.

You can check a member's account for date and time of his/her last visit. Here is Wolter's:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/profile/152-wolter-van-der-spoel/

Archived