This Week's Meaningless Topic (#103)(Aug 26)

Hi all. It has often been said that life is a journey, with the paths we choose determining the destinations we reach. This week's topic invites you to pick a path, literally or metaphorically, that might be good for you.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC:  Which of these roads most likely would take you where you most would like to go?

A. image.jpeg.382a3fc48d801940bfded391e73a7599.jpeg

B. Road winds through Old Growth Rainforest | JOHN CHAO PHOTOGRAPHY

C. image.jpeg.3cb3bd71eac833f6fb871ca9750c2290.jpeg

D. image.jpeg.091afecc74c963063cd38771ec964595.jpeg

E. Anini Beach Road, Noho 'ana — Kauai life - palms, palm trees, beach, ocean,  anini beach artwork :: Emily Jung Miller fine art :: Ocean-inspired artwork  from Oregon & Kauai

F. image.jpeg.9d25784f94d7184a49eb776b867527eb.jpeg

Edited by Rodger Pettichord
change images
  • Like 8

D. Past experience has shown me that the chosen path can throw up all sorts of issues and that alternative routes must be taken, whether it is life choices such as education, career, partner selection and equally important, pastimes and hobbies. Throw in the unknowns such as health concerns which have derailed plans. That is why I keep an open mind and have options just in case of obstacles along the way.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

"B" for me.  I love the mountains too, and if you'd featuring the D&RG narrow gauge it might have been my choice.  But I love going through the woods!  Edges out the mountains, but not by much.

Ken

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

C for sure.

I did a half day trip to Mount Rainier and I didn't want to go back to where I was staying as I loved the scenery so much.

The view from the trail we took as well as all the wildlife was just heaven to me.:wub:

It was strange, the first place I walked a trail on Vancouver Island, reading the information board warning about Cougars and Bears and what to do if confronted by one.

We have a forest along the river where I live and you have to be like a Chameleon. One eye on the ground for snakes one eye ahead and a third would be handy in the back of your head looking out for two legged snakes!:ph34r::ph34r::lol:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

C for sure.

I did a half day trip to Mount Rainier and I didn't want to go back to where I was staying as I loved the scenery so much.

The view from the trail we took as well as all the wildlife was just heaven to me.:wub:

It was strange, the first place I walked a trail on Vancouver Island, reading the information board warning about Cougars and Bears and what to do if confronted by one.

We have a forest along the river where I live and you have to be like a Chameleon. One eye on the ground for snakes one eye ahead and a third would be handy in the back of your head looking out for two legged snakes!:ph34r::ph34r::lol:

I won't be visiting you any time soon KDK.

I have a phobia about snakes, they freak me out.:o

ch ch ch cheers

Gumby

• Like 3

3 hours ago, W2DR said:

at my favorite watering hole...Bloody Mary's

Ah man. I didn't want to git in trouble again with Nick and the other party poopers. I wanted to say: When I drove along highway once "F" once (:rolleyes:) I didn't see any gas station's or signs showing: "Fresh bait, sandwiches or icy cold beers:angry:":P:D (Did a ueey real quick). Didn't have the courage then to post. But thanks to you I have now. Actually I changed my mind entirely. Highway "C" with a "full cooler":P:D. The >:Dmade me do it. Lol. Peace be with you Sisters and Brothers.:)Cheers k

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

I won't be visiting you any time soon KDK.

I have a phobia about snakes, they freak me out.:o

ch ch ch cheers

Gumby

At the museum where I work, we had, for years, a wonderful Theodore Roosevelt impersonator named Jim Foote.  Jim sadly passed away recently.  But Jim looked just like TR, and he knew his subject extremely well.  Now, TR had a daughter by his first wife named Alice.  While president, TR commented on Alice's outrageous behavior, "I can run the country, or I can control Alice; I can't possibly do both." Well, Jim came in one day with a garter snake in his shirt pocket, and introduced his pet as Emily Spinach.  He explained that Alice kept a pet snake of that name, named after two things she hated most.  Her Aunt Emily, and spinach!

Ken

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ken Q said:

At the museum where I work, we had, for years, a wonderful Theodore Roosevelt impersonator named Jim Foote.  Jim sadly passed away recently.  But Jim looked just like TR, and he knew his subject extremely well.  Now, TR had a daughter by his first wife named Alice.  While president, TR commented on Alice's outrageous behavior, "I can run the country, or I can control Alice; I can't possibly do both." Well, Jim came in one day with a garter snake in his shirt pocket, and introduced his pet as Emily Spinach.  He explained that Alice kept a pet snake of that name, named after two things she hated most.  Her Aunt Emily, and spinach!

Ken

LOL Ken that doesn't help me a great deal.  I love spinach and I 

think I would love Aunt Emily. But I still hate snakes.:D

cheers

Gumby

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Actually, while I don't fear the little, ordinary garden variety, I'm not stuck on them either.  But they are a part of our world.

Years ago I was at home with roommate, girlfriend and cat.  Cat caught a garter snake and brought it into the kitchen.  Cat wanted to play with it.  Girlfriend wanted to study it.  Roommate was absolutely terrified!  I was merely annoyed.  Though not fond of snakes, I bear them no animosity, OUTSIDE!  I just wanted to get it out of my kitchen!  The interplay between the various participants was like the Keystone Cops.

But when I was in Saudi Arabia during Desert Storm, sand vipers were a real hazard.  Not harmless!

BTW, I don't have an Aunt Emily, so I can't judge.  I like spinach but can't eat much because it interferes with medication I have to take.

Ken

Edited by Ken Q
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Ken Q said:

Actually, while I don't fear the little, ordinary garden variety, I'm not stuck on them either.  But they are a part of our world.

Years ago I was at home with roommate, girlfriend and cat.  Cat caught a garter snake and brought it into the kitchen.  Cat wanted to play with it.  Girlfriend wanted to study it.  Roommate was absolutely terrified!  I was merely annoyed.  Though not fond of snakes, I bear them no animosity, OUTSIDE!  I just wanted to get it out of my kitchen!  The interplay between the various participants was like the Keystone Cops.

But when I was in Saudi Arabia during Desert Storm, sand vipers were a real hazard.  Not harmless!

BTW, I don't have an Aunt Emily, so I can't judge.  I like spinach but can't eat much because it interferes with medication I have to take.

Ken

I think we will call this a no win situation.:D

cheers

Gumby

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2