Still no sign of Martyn or Jack

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, boetie said:

Hey Jack, just relieved to see you are Ok. With all your goings on it's nice of you to reassure us of your wellbeing. Be sure to know our thoughts and prayers are with you mate. 

Cheers

Graeme

Thanks Graeme.  We’re under a great deal of stress.  We appreciate your prayers bigly.  

18 minutes ago, Benny said:

We all have issue in those difficult time, I myself didn't fire up my SIM rig in months. I still come here each morning to see what is happening with Orbx but with the folks here.

You all take care.

Thanks Benny.  I made a nice 737 flight from KATL to KSFO the other day.  First time in months.  It was to try to take my mind off the threats here where I live.  It’s becoming intolerable since February.

On 11/4/2020 at 12:31 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Landon.  I think I'll be back eventually, ditto for Martyn.  Right now it's been very hectic, our new house will be finished in mid December.  So I've been very busy.  Haven't made a simulated flight in months...

You are mirroring my situation, so I know how it is. I really look forward to your return, and wish you a safe and happy move.

We just sold our place yesterday after months of landscaping and improvements that we did ourselves, and now are in the process of moving interstate to a home we built a few years back. Forum time was negligible as I'd spend the few moments I wasn't working or sleeping getting in a circuit or 2.

I, too, alpha and beta-tested MSFS, bought and enjoy it, but lately I mostly use P3D and still a bit of X-Plane. They are all valid choices for enjoying sim time. There is a lot of noise around MSFS coz it's new. It is coming on nicely, is immensely pleasurable, but not yet a replacement for P3D for me (mainly aircraft and Australia reasons, but also less satisfactory external viewing in MSFS).

All the best, Jack, and I look forward to an inverted yellow 787 landing on a glacier somewhere after it has flown inverted under the Sydney Harbour Bridge. If anyone does it, it will be you!

2 hours ago, ozboater said:

You are mirroring my situation, so I know how it is. I really look forward to your return, and wish you a safe and happy move.

We just sold our place yesterday after months of landscaping and improvements that we did ourselves, and now are in the process of moving interstate to a home we built a few years back. Forum time was negligible as I'd spend the few moments I wasn't working or sleeping getting in a circuit or 2.

I, too, alpha and beta-tested MSFS, bought and enjoy it, but lately I mostly use P3D and still a bit of X-Plane. They are all valid choices for enjoying sim time. There is a lot of noise around MSFS coz it's new. It is coming on nicely, is immensely pleasurable, but not yet a replacement for P3D for me (mainly aircraft and Australia reasons, but also less satisfactory external viewing in MSFS).

All the best, Jack, and I look forward to an inverted yellow 787 landing on a glacier somewhere after it has flown inverted under the Sydney Harbour Bridge. If anyone does it, it will be you!

Thank you kind sir.  I really hope your situation isn't mirroring mine to the extent of what we're going through.  Literal murderous threats to kill us isn't a lot of fun.  

I'm in the process of packing everything so my PC is now out of service.

I look forward to someday flying a yellow jet upside down but it won't be till next year.

Thanks and best regards,

Jack

18 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Sorry to hear you and the family have been unsafe Jack.  Praying for a good outcome.  Keep yer head down and yer powder dry!  Look forward to seeing you back with us again.

Thanks Rob.  I completely agree with your advice, head down and powder dry.  Yes sir.

I’ll be back eventually.

• 1 month later...

Dear Jack... It's been a while ! So happy to hear from you on the forum!

You missed a lot of bridges :rolleyes:... Anyway take your time to come back with us again!

Be careful and stay safe and greet Martyn for me... We all on the forum miss both of you !!!

Have a nice Christmas Eve !!!

Cheers :D !

Hi fellas.  After a lot of work my wife and I are now in a new home.  As I type this it’s our second day here and what a huge difference it is!  I still have to get all the stored boxes from two 10’ x 10’ storage sites but I’ll have help this weekend.

Merry Christmas y’all.  I hope to be making some flights in a month or two after we have the house all set up.

8 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi fellas.  After a lot of work my wife and I are now in a new home.  As I type this it’s our second day here and what a huge difference it is!  I still have to get all the stored boxes from two 10’ x 10’ storage sites but I’ll have help this weekend.

Merry Christmas y’all.  I hope to be making some flights in a month or two after we have the house all set up.

Great, great news Jack. I am happy with you.

45 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

Great news Jack i hope things start to look up from now on i hope you have a great christmas, Getting on to boxs i still have some unpacked ones only been in the new house nearly nine years:Dplenty of time left.

cheers

Iain

That is the fate with boxes, but at least it is only nine years...

Merry Christmas to the both of you , stay safe and hopefully we will see you back up and flying next year Jack . :):)

Cheers

John

P.S. - Congrats on reaching 40K likes my friend , you have been missed around here the last several months . :):(

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

40 k - I saw this as well. There must be a reason for getting this incredible number of likes.

Let's see if I remember ....... flying under bridges , STOL with 747's , flying 747's inverted , Jack's famous comic's ........ I could go on and on ..........:):)

15 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Best news I've heard in a long while. Step by step Jack. I wish I could be there to help. Stay safe and a Merry Christmas to you and Robin. k

On 12/23/2020 at 7:56 AM, gregmorin said:

Merry Christmas Jack! I am glad you are in your new house and i wish you a happy healthy 2021!

Greg

Merry Christmas Greg!  It’s nice to hear from you my friend.  Robin and I wish you the same for 2021, let’s hope it’s better than the last one.

On 12/23/2020 at 8:01 AM, lifejogger said:

Merry Christmas Jack.  I know moving to a new house takes a whole lot of time and effort so good luck to you and you will be in my prayers.

Merry Christmas John!  It’s been a lot of work but well worth it.  Thank you kind sir for your prayers, it always helps.

21 hours ago, wain71 said:

nice one Jack, glad to hear you are getting somewhere, hope all is getting better for you....have a wonderful Christmas and hopefully we can all have a better new year....

Thanks Wain!  Yes sir, things are much better now thank goodness.  We wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New year, yes, I agree, I think this little planet needs a better year.

19 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great news Jack i hope things start to look up from now on i hope you have a great christmas, Getting on to boxs i still have some unpacked ones only been in the new house nearly nine years:Dplenty of time left.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!  Things have improved dramatically over the last place.  The people in this town are so nice it’s unreal.  We wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year too.  Nine years!  Now when I read that I thought that’s a long time, but now I know better, I can easily see how that could happen!  :)

18 hours ago, BradB said:

Merry Christmas to the both of you , stay safe and hopefully we will see you back up and flying next year Jack . :):)

Cheers

John

P.S. - Congrats on reaching 40K likes my friend , you have been missed around here the last several months . :):(

Merry Christmas John!  Yes sir, flying as soon as I get my office set up.  I miss it now.

And 40K!  I didn’t even know I hit that, I’m humbled, flattered, and grateful.  I have missed y’all too, a LOT!  But I’ll be back soon.

13 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hope life settles and is safer in 2021. FYI Our last ROORD Novel (out on Amazon in January) has "Sal Sawyer" taking charge of "Yellow Bird Air" and becoming established in Brazil. Thanks for the permission, my friend.

Thanks Rodger. I will buy this as soon as I am able.  I think it’s wonderful using my name and personality for a character, I’m deeply humbled.    Merry Christmas my friend and have a wonderful and high book sales New Year! 

11 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Best news I've heard in a long while. Step by step Jack. I wish I could be there to help. Stay safe and a Merry Christmas to you and Robin. k

Thanks Karl!  I would LOVE your help, we could have lots of beers and fun!  Merry Christmas to you and your family and a Happy New Year my friend!

I stumbled into this thread today.

Sorry to read of the trauma you & your Wife have been put through Jack.

It sounds like your location move has been a step forward in giving you a better quality of life.

Hope you & your Wife have a Happier & Healthier Xmas & New Year & look forward to you logging another 40K posts:)

Cheers

TTM

10 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

I stumbled into this thread today.

Sorry to read of the trauma you & your Wife have been put through Jack.

It sounds like your location move has been a step forward in giving you a better quality of life.

Hope you & your Wife have a Happier & Healthier Xmas & New Year & look forward to you logging another 40K posts:)

Cheers

TTM

Thanks TTM, it was awful and very violent.  We're away from that wretched place now.  We also wish you a Merry Christmas and happy new year.

Hi Jack, good to hear from you and you are okay. Sorry to hear your wife is unwell, hope she improves soon. Sorry for the late reply, but I haven't been   here for some time, health issues, but managing to keep things stable. I mainly fly P3D even though I have MSFS, I just keep it up to date, and give it a fly periodically to keep in touch.  Glad you are well and look forward to your return. 

Regards,

Don

7 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

g'day Jack,

it has been harrowing to hear of your troubles,

thank goodness you are now in a happy place - phew!

Merry Christmas & all the best for your 2021!

Cheers

Merry Christmas Craig!  Yes, thank goodness, it has been harrowing and nerve wracking and been on tenterhooks for a couple of months now.  Robin and I are getting a lot of things reassembled and have a ways to go but we’re delighted.

Yesterday I put together the flight sim desk.  I just need to set up all the equipment and test it and upgrade and I can be back making flights.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Hi Jack, good to hear from you and you are okay. Sorry to hear your wife is unwell, hope she improves soon. Sorry for the late reply, but I haven't been   here for some time, health issues, but managing to keep things stable. I mainly fly P3D even though I have MSFS, I just keep it up to date, and give it a fly periodically to keep in touch.  Glad you are well and look forward to your return. 

Regards,

Don

Merry Christmas Don!  It’s always a pleasure to hear from you and I’m sorry to hear about your health issues.  Thank goodness Robin is now fine.  She actually had covid but now she’s back to normal.  She was prescribed HCQ, zithromycin, and zinc.  And being a severe type 1 diabetic I was really worried for her.  But she was ok, a bad headache, slight fever and loss of smell.  Now she’s fine.

Someday I might get MSFS but not until they have PMDG level planes.  I love the graphics in it, especially Orbx’s stuff but I really need aircraft fidelity like in P3D.

As I type this it’s 5:30 AM on Christmas morning.  We never had a chance to get a tree or even gifts but that’s ok, we’re grateful.

Hope you have a nice Boxing Day and happy new year!

Jack

Archived