Still no sign of Martyn or Jack

Happy Christmas Jack to you and your wife. What would we do without them. This dam Covid has a lot to answer for as at the moment we are in a tier 4 lockdown which means we can not have our family Christmas dinner together. So we will be doing a Skype is it on our IPads. What’s the world coming to. Anyway have a good Christmas to everybody. Thanks Derek.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Happy Christmas Jack to you and your wife. What would we do without them. This dam Covid has a lot to answer for as at the moment we are in a tier 4 lockdown which means we can not have our family Christmas dinner together. So we will be doing a Skype is it on our IPads. What’s the world coming to. Anyway have a good Christmas to everybody. Thanks Derek.

Thanks Derek!  Happy Christmas to you too, and a Happy New Year.

I've been very fortunate with Robin, she's a wonderful wife.

I've been following the lockdown stuff in the U.K. and it's very unsettling to me.  I long for the days when we can return to normal.  I mean it has to go back to normal someday, it did after 1918.

Skype is a good idea though, I like it.

It's good to hear from you.

Jack

3 minutes ago, gumbypickett said:

All the very best to you and family for xmas and 

new year Jack. I hope it all works out ok. 

Got a lot of friends here, even though we wouldn't recognize you

if we tripped over you down the street. Actually with your Avatar

we would.:D

cheers

Gumby

Thanks Gumby!  That was very nice.  That avatar :), I love it, made me laugh.  I reckon Martyn would recognize me and I sure hope he gets to come back for a visit.

Speaking of Martyn, he's well, we communicate almost daily via email.  He's always so busy raising his birds, it's a very demanding job.

Stay safe and have a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Gumby!  That was very nice.  That avatar :), I love it, made me laugh.  I reckon Martyn would recognize me and I sure hope he gets to come back for a visit.

Speaking of Martyn, he's well, we communicate almost daily via email.  He's always so busy raising his birds, it's a very demanding job.

Stay safe and have a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

It is good to hear that you are doing well Jack.

I always believed in life that when one door closes a new one opens.  You have found your next one. 

Enjoy all that it has to offer you, for you and your good wife have been through more than any of us will ever know. 

It is a grand beginning not only for 2021 but for all the remaining years that we will enjoy your wonderful personality here with us all. 

Take care of yourself, all the very best and glad you are well:)

Pete

On 7/4/2020 at 1:20 PM, JOE DYGAN said:

OK !

It's not exactly a bridge, but what about to fly under the Eiffel tower when Orbx team will release one day the "CityScene Paris" :wub:

Cheers :D !

Oh yeah!  I would love to do that Joe.  I was there in the 80's and went to the top.  Never forget it, it was July and clear and sunny and the top was swaying back and forth.  But what a view!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Jack,

I don't know if you remember this post quoted above... But the Orbx team finally did it (many thanks to them)!!!

It's up to you now to update to MSFS 2020 as soon as possible and do under the Eiffel tower the feats to which only you have the secret!

Now it's up to you to get up to date as soon as possible on MSFS 2020 and to perform under the Eiffel Tower the exploits of which only you have the secret :);)!

Merry Christmas in your new "home sweet home"!

Cheers :D !!!

11 minutes ago, renault said:

It is good to hear that you are doing well Jack.

I always believed in life that when one door closes a new one opens.  You have found your next one. 

Enjoy all that it has to offer you, for you and your good wife have been through more than any of us will ever know. 

It is a grand beginning not only for 2021 but for all the remaining years that we will enjoy your wonderful personality here with us all. 

Take care of yourself, all the very best and glad you are well:)

Pete

Thanks for your kins words Pete.  Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family.

10 minutes ago, JOE DYGAN said:

On 7/4/2020 at 1:20 PM, JOE DYGAN said:

OK !

It's not exactly a bridge, but what about to fly under the Eiffel tower when Orbx team will release one day the "CityScene Paris" :wub:

Cheers :D !

Oh yeah!  I would love to do that Joe.  I was there in the 80's and went to the top.  Never forget it, it was July and clear and sunny and the top was swaying back and forth.  But what a view!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Jack,

I don't know if you remember this post quoted above... But the Orbx team finally did it (many thanks to them)!!!

It's up to you now to update to MSFS 2020 as soon as possible and do under the Eiffel tower the feats to which only you have the secret!

Now it's up to you to get up to date as soon as possible on MSFS 2020 and to perform under the Eiffel Tower the exploits of which only you have the secret :);)!

Merry Christmas in your new "home sweet home"!

Cheers :D !!!

Hi Joe and Merry Christmas!  I might buy MSFS 2020 eventually but for a while I'll be so busy.  Plus I have to set up my woodworking shop.  I would love to fly under the Eiffel Tower though! :)

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Merry Christmas Don!  It’s always a pleasure to hear from you and I’m sorry to hear about your health issues.  Thank goodness Robin is now fine.  She actually had covid but now she’s back to normal.  She was prescribed HCQ, zithromycin, and zinc.  And being a severe type 1 diabetic I was really worried for her.  But she was ok, a bad headache, slight fever and loss of smell.  Now she’s fine.

Someday I might get MSFS but not until they have PMDG level planes.  I love the graphics in it, especially Orbx’s stuff but I really need aircraft fidelity like in P3D.

As I type this it’s 5:30 AM on Christmas morning.  We never had a chance to get a tree or even gifts but that’s ok, we’re grateful.

Hope you have a nice Boxing Day and happy new year!

Jack

A2A B-17G Super Fortress just out in P3D v4 & 5, & 40% discount- Might be something to catch your eye, Jack.:)

TTM

Just now, TigerTigerM said:

A2A B-17G Super Fortress just out in P3D v4 & 5, & 40% discount- Might be something to catch your eye, Jack.:)

TTM

Thanks TTM, I had it in my sim a long time ago, I could never get into it.  With so little time when I do get back into it I think it's going to be only PMDG and A2A's small prop planes.

25 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks TTM, I had it in my sim a long time ago, I could never get into it.  With so little time when I do get back into it I think it's going to be only PMDG and A2A's small prop planes.

Understood.

Fly the ones you enjoy.:)

Cheers

TTM

Robin is now fine.  She actually had covid but now she’s back to normal.  But she was ok, a bad headache, slight fever and loss of smell.

Jack, I surely keep my fingers crossed for Robin that she´ll recover soon & full. Please send her good wishes from this crazy forum, I´ll explore some lighthouses for her!

Someday I might get MSFS but not until they have PMDG level planes.  I love the graphics in it, especially Orbx’s stuff but I really need aircraft fidelity like in P3D.

+1! And, for the time being, I do not want to maintain two sims in parallel, all the updates would drive me crazy in the limited time i can spend.

11 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Jack, I surely keep my fingers crossed for Robin that she´ll recover soon & full. Please send her good wishes from this crazy forum, I´ll explore some lighthouses for her!

+1! And, for the time being, I do not want to maintain two sims in parallel, all the updates would drive me crazy in the limited time i can spend.

Thanks Gerold, she's back to normal except for a little loss of smell.  But I read that can sometimes affect women more than men.  

I agree, I haven't used XP in ages, I could only imagine having three sims!  That's a lot of time and effort that I'll have to put off for another time.

15 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Merry Christmas Don!  It’s always a pleasure to hear from you and I’m sorry to hear about your health issues.  Thank goodness Robin is now fine.  She actually had covid but now she’s back to normal.  She was prescribed HCQ, zithromycin, and zinc.  And being a severe type 1 diabetic I was really worried for her.  But she was ok, a bad headache, slight fever and loss of smell.  Now she’s fine.

As I type this it’s 5:30 AM on Christmas morning.  We never had a chance to get a tree or even gifts but that’s ok, we’re grateful.

Hope you have a nice Boxing Day and happy new year!

Jack

I am glad Robin recovered from Covid , I want no part of this virus . As far as MSFS goes , the community is developing this

study level plane that is avaiable now : https://flybywiresim.com/

2 minutes ago, BradB said:

I am glad Robin recovered from Covid , I want no part of this virus . As far as MSFS goes , the community is developing this

study level plane that is avaiable now : https://flybywiresim.com/

I imagine there's different strains John or people with co-morbitities don't fare as well.  I mean, she has type 1 diabetes and she was ok, she's 60.  I hope you don't get it, I hope no one gets it.  It's weird how no one is getting the flu this year though.

As for freeware, I was so frustrated with the freeware 737 in XP that I gave up in disgust.  It was nearly impossible to figure out how to update it.

The biggest reason I love A2A and PMDG is the ease of updating their products.  I've said this a million times, if the flight sim world, no matter what sim, could update the way Orbx does it would make life a heck of a lot easier.

9 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Merry Christmas to all and to the Sawyers! Good to hear that you're doing fine again.

Thanks Lars!  Hope you had a nice Christmas and happy new year too.  All I did was make several trips to the storage place and bring back boxes, dozens of boxes of household goods.  All I have is maybe two trips left.  But it's worth it, this is a nice place, we're very fortunate.

Archived