Still no sign of Martyn or Jack

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Gumby, I saw this and had to reply. Thank you for your concern, I very much appreciate it.  I’m fine under very difficult circumstances.  We’re in the process of moving.  My wife and my life have been, well, I won’t say publicly.

It’s extremely stressful and she’s terrified.

Martyn and I communicate every day via email.  I cannot say publicly why he left but it’s a very valid reason.

We have discussed coming back, we both miss the camaraderie.

Also, since I don’t use the new Microsoft game I would feel odd.

Anyway, I was here without logging in and saw this and had to reply.

All the best, Jack

Miss you Jack, and Martyn too! I hope all goes well for you in whatever challenge(s) you all are facing. Don't feel bad about coming back due to the new sim platform. There are PLENTY of us still using P3Dv4.5, P3Dv5 and X-Plane. I have even posted a few P3Dv5 screenies, as have others. 

Take your time, figure out whatever you need to figure out and I will hope to see more of both Martyn and yourself when (and if) you all decide to come around here more. :) 

Cheers!

Landon

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Gumby, I saw this and had to reply. Thank you for your concern, I very much appreciate it.  I’m fine under very difficult circumstances.  We’re in the process of moving.  My wife and my life have been, well, I won’t say publicly.

Martyn and I communicate every day via email.  I cannot say publicly why he left but it’s a very valid reason.

All the best, Jack

Good to hear from you Jack! I am sorry life is dealing you some significant challenges right now. You will overcome. Lots of us staying with P3DV4 or V5 here.

Greg

11 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Miss you Jack, and Martyn too! I hope all goes well for you in whatever challenge(s) you all are facing. Don't feel bad about coming back due to the new sim platform. There are PLENTY of us still using P3Dv4.5, P3Dv5 and X-Plane. I have even posted a few P3Dv5 screenies, as have others. 

Take your time, figure out whatever you need to figure out and I will hope to see more of both Martyn and yourself when (and if) you all decide to come around here more. :) 

Cheers!

Landon

Thanks Landon.  I think I'll be back eventually, ditto for Martyn.  Right now it's been very hectic, our new house will be finished in mid December.  So I've been very busy.  Haven't made a simulated flight in months.  When the new game came out I decided not to go with it as I was an alpha tester and in my opinion it's still in alpha.  I like what Orbx has done for it but even their high quality is not enough to make me want to use it.  Too many reasons to list.

All I know is right now my and my wife's safety is of the deepest concern, quite literally life or death situation where we are.

1 hour ago, gregmorin said:

Good to hear from you Jack! I am sorry life is dealing you some significant challenges right now. You will overcome. Lots of us staying with P3DV4 or V5 here.

Greg

Thanks Greg, very much appreciate your kind words my friend.  I'll be back hopefully soon.

22 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

Nice hearing from you Jack. I know how life can keep you away from your hobbies and other things.  I myself gave up flight simming for a year because of family issues.

Thank you John!  I miss making flights and comics and hopefully I can back into it.  A year, it seems that way to me, no idea how long it's been but seems like a long time.

Hi Jack,

Great to hear from you.  There are far more important things in life, and it seems you're tending to them.  Stay safe mate.  Hope to see you back on the forums when things have settled down for you.  Hope to see Martyn back too.  

Take care,

Scott

35 minutes ago, Scott Harmes said:

Hi Jack,

Great to hear from you.  There are far more important things in life, and it seems you're tending to them.  Stay safe mate.  Hope to see you back on the forums when things have settled down for you.  Hope to see Martyn back too.  

Take care,

Scott

Thanks Scott, you guys are awesome, you have no idea how nice it feels to read your kind posts.  Many thanks and God bless.  

I’ll do my best to try to convince Martyn, he said something about who should post first.  He’s been so busy I don’t know he handles it.

I reckon that there will be a time soon where things will settle down and I can focus back on simulated flights with my beloved jets doing ILS landings with the proper SID’s and STAR’s.  I really miss that a lot.

13 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

All the best, Jack

glad to hear you are still about Jack......hope what ever you are going through turns out OK, you were there in the summer when I needed an ear and it meant a lot, cheers for that....take care and stay safe....

glad to hear Martyn is ok too.....

1 hour ago, wain71 said:

glad to hear you are still about Jack......hope what ever you are going through turns out OK, you were there in the summer when I needed an ear and it meant a lot, cheers for that....take care and stay safe....

glad to hear Martyn is ok too.....

Thanks Wain!  We will be on as soon as we leave this wretched place.  Thank you also for your kind words.

On 11/3/2020 at 12:57 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

All the best, Jack

G'day Jack

Good to hear you are doing as well as you all can, no matter 

what the circumstances. It's been a rotten year for so many people and

we can't wait to see the end of it. Good luck to you and your family and 

to Marty'n and his family as well. 

Descent people doing it tough.

All the best :) :):).

cheers

Gumby

5 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

G'day Jack

Good to hear you are doing as well as you all can, no matter 

what the circumstances. It's been a rotten year for so many people and

we can't wait to see the end of it. Good luck to you and your family and 

to Marty'n and his family as well. 

Descent people doing it tough.

All the best :) :):).

cheers

Gumby

Thanks Gumby.  We're hanging in there with cautious optimism.

On 11/2/2020 at 7:57 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

All the best, Jack

Stay in there jack 

13 hours ago, John Mac said:

Hey Jack,

Good to hear from you. Moving house is stressful enough in the best of times. No harm taking some time out and come back when you are good and ready.

All the best,

John.

Thanks John.  Will give more information when I'm able.

32 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Will give more information when I'm able.

Hi Jack,

I'm sad to hear that there are some personal issues that you are dealing with.

"Hope is the ability to hear the music of the future; Faith is the courage to dance to it today."

It kind of summarizes what we are are experiencing in 2020.

God bless.

Jose

15 minutes ago, JoseCFII said:

Hi Jack,

I'm sad to hear that there are some personal issues that you are dealing with.

"Hope is the ability to hear the music of the future; Faith is the courage to dance to it today."

It kind of summarizes what we are are experiencing in 2020.

God bless.

Jose

Thanks Jose.  If I told you what happened you wouldn't believe it.  We now have protection.

I have neither faith or hope.  Sorry.

Jack

On 11/3/2020 at 2:31 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Landon.  I think I'll be back eventually, ditto for Martyn.  Right now it's been very hectic, our new house will be finished in mid December.  So I've been very busy.  Haven't made a simulated flight in months.  When the new game came out I decided not to go with it as I was an alpha tester and in my opinion it's still in alpha.  I like what Orbx has done for it but even their high quality is not enough to make me want to use it.  Too many reasons to list.

All I know is right now my and my wife's safety is of the deepest concern, quite literally life or death situation where we are.

I just saw this thread, and I absolutely join the message: I miss the comments and contributions of you both, @Jack Sawyer and Martyn @VH-KDK.

I also join the statement "it has been very busy months": We are finishing the renovation of our flat, which means there is work for the honeydo each and every evening. Not dramatic, but it keeps me from flying since August.

Also like Jack, I am still sticking to p3d for many reasons, but see mainly screenshot posts from MSFS, as well as new sceneries for MSFS here. Which on the one hand does not make me look after these posts, and on the other hand holds me back from showing screenies from the less-eye-candy-sim, though I still prefer to use it.

Jack, Martyn, stay safe, stay in best health, and may you find enough relaxed moments to come back and let us share fun here!

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I just saw this thread, and I absolutely join the message: I miss the comments and contributions of you both, @Jack Sawyer and Martyn @VH-KDK.

I also join the statement "it has been very busy months": We are finishing the renovation of our flat, which means there is work for the honeydo each and every evening. Not dramatic, but it keeps me from flying since August.

Also like Jack, I am still sticking to p3d for many reasons, but see mainly screenshot posts from MSFS, as well as new sceneries for MSFS here. Which on the one hand does not make me look after these posts, and on the other hand holds me back from showing screenies from the less-eye-candy-sim, though I still prefer to use it.

Jack, Martyn, stay safe, stay in best health, and may you find enough relaxed moments to come back and let us share fun here!

Hi Gerold.  Thank you for the very kind words.  I agree with you, the Orb screenshots from MSFS are nice but I have no desire to use it.  Maybe someday when it's a more complete product.  I think what holds me back is no PMDG or A2A planes for it yet.

Take care.  Jack

6 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

So much bad stuff goin on in our world - hope you emerge from this in better shape.  Lots of bridges need your attention.

Thanks, if you only knew.  It’s not something I would do to someone.  It’s in fact a felony terroristic threat.

Great to hear from you again Jack! :)  when I read your first post I had a feeling what the problem was. :(  Good idea today is to have a security system with 24hr video surveillance and S&W as friends. Again, great to hear from you Jack, tell Martyn I said hello.  Good luck with the move and stay safe most importantly! :)

1 hour ago, adambar said:

Great to hear from you again Jack! :)  when I read your first post I had a feeling what the problem was. :(  Good idea today is to have a security system with 24hr video surveillance and S&W as friends. Again, great to hear from you Jack, tell Martyn I said hello.  Good luck with the move and stay safe most importantly! :)

Thanks Adam.  I have all of the above and if you guessed three letters then you know exactly what I mean.  43 days.

Archived