True to Life... and thank you Ken.

Mark Abdey

A little mix of caps from TEGB South & TEGB Central in X Plane 11.32... Also using XVision with my own modded preset.

I would like to extend a huge thank you to Ken Hall for the help and kindness he has given me... you are a star and these first caps are for you mate :)

axGX7nm.jpg

nwFgxZN.jpg

ukFI0Hi.jpg

P1NBCZ2.jpg

21EZzUB.jpg

uhFn9LO.jpg

51MBLGv.jpg

WeQbV7C.jpg

0IZWEUD.jpg

8VvSXlA.jpg

PxvsIDq.jpg

IqB6NxP.jpg

kFRS046.jpg

RNUqlN1.jpg

Thank you for looking :)

Wonderful set of shots, Mark, truly stunning. And I'm encouraged by your results with your xVision experiments. I did grab a copy of a previous preset you posted here, but it was a bit too bluish for my own personal tastes, and I get a little bit of that here too. But I totally love the tone of the greens, the overall sharpness and the way the shadows are falling. Once I've got a couple of other things sorted out I plan to have a bit of a play with xVision for myself and see if I can get something I'm comfortable with. I'm beginning to think I might need different settings for my two different favourite environments - TE GB being one set of tones, and my California/South West US xOrtho environment being another altogether.

Most of these pix though are going into my keepers gallery!

3 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Most of these pix though are going into my keepers gallery!

Thank you Andy... I'll no doubt end up with as many XVision preset as I did PTA ^-^  I find a blue cast quite attractive, set off with the green terrain, but it's not for everyone... or me all of the time.  Bringing down the visibility in XP knocks out some of the blue, but I will also make presets with a less strong scattering effect.  I like to mess with this stuff, finding it quite therapeutic.

2 minutes ago, Mark Halliwell said:

These are some of the very best shots I have ever seen!

Absolutely stunning. I shall definitely be downloading my favourites to show some of my non-simming friends and family.

Thank you Mark, that's lovely :smile:  ..... A local boy too... I'm 15miles from Taunton, just on the edge of Exmoor.

1 minute ago, Mark Abdey said:

Thank you Mark, that's lovely :smile:  ..... A local boy too... I'm 15miles from Taunton, just on the edge of Exmoor.

Yes, I had noticed that we're almost neighbours!

I'll PM you for a less public conversation when I have time.  :-)

9 minutes ago, John Venema said:

Nice ones Mark!

Thank you very much John.

5 minutes ago, JT8D9A said:

Really great shots! would you share your xvision preset?

Thanks and I will... I'm still messing with things and it's not all my own work as I'm working off one of the presets that comes with XV (Impressive) so some values are not ones I've set myself.

Mark, these shots were worth waiting for, I’m trying to pick one for my desktop screensaver,bloody hard choice, once again you’ve blown us all away, screenshot master, sen some to Aimee,these should go on the website.

Cheers mate, and can’t wait to see some shots from Scotland.

Ken

Your preset perfectly matches your "signature".We find here all your visual sensitivity.The shots are there to show aerial emotions and it's completely successful.Everything is here and it makes you want to fly.

I have to admit that these are some of the finest pics I've seen. They capture several aspects all in one. The effect of light and shadow, the colouring of TEGB, the tree placement detail of TEGB and the ability of XP to produce those effects. Well done and congratulations. At least some should be in the March screenshot competition.

9 hours ago, barrel_owl said:

That's absolutely impressive! 

8 hours ago, petehowell57 said:

Beautiful set of screenshots.  As I keep saying, XP plus ORBX plus xvision etc - magic!

Pete

8 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Wow, these shots are amazing!!!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, musterpilot said:

Very nice indeed

John

barrel_owl, Pete, life and John.... thank you very much :)

7 hours ago, Meabeachboy said:

I would love to see the xvision presets too or a file you could share

7 hours ago, Mike707 said:

These are quite good. Please share your presets. 

I will post it soon [when I'm happy with it]... I must add I have used BluFX as well, which I think may have been for XP10 or early 11, but doesn't seem available anymore. It allowed on-the-fly colour adjustments and vignetting, which I use a touch of.

7 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Great set & use of light & shadows.

TTM

7 hours ago, Benny said:

Wow

Many thanks TTM and Benny :)

5 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

Mark, these shots were worth waiting for, I’m trying to pick one for my desktop screensaver,bloody hard choice, once again you’ve blown us all away, screenshot master, sen some to Aimee,these should go on the website.

Cheers mate, and can’t wait to see some shots from Scotland.

Ken

Ken, thank you... and then some. You are a real gent :)

5 hours ago, olderndirt said:

You use of light reveals the true artist.

That's nice OND thank you.

4 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

Wow Mark your shots look fantastic looking so good and love the colours regards EMM 

4 hours ago, wain71 said:

absolutely stunning shots....look so real...

4 hours ago, paulb said:

Excellent set Mark! :)

Stewart, Wain and Paul... thank for the nice remarks.

4 hours ago, Breeze said:

Impressive set!

3 hours ago, Taph said:

Cracking set Mark, every one is a keeper

3 hours ago, Traveller said:

So nice set Mark.:smile:

Breeze, Taph & Traveller... I appreciate your comments, thank you.

3 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Mark, these are first class --true earth for sure. Beautiful presentation of the plane and the scenery dancing together so gracefully. Thanks!

3 hours ago, jean marc said:

all are perfects ! great colors and realism + so beautifiul set :) really well done Mark :)

Rodger and Jean marc... Orbx and X Plane devs (not forgetting XVision) make it easy really; with their work that there would be nothing.

2 hours ago, FILOU said:

Your preset perfectly matches your "signature".We find here all your visual sensitivity.The shots are there to show aerial emotions and it's completely successful.Everything is here and it makes you want to fly.

Thank you for the really lovely comment FILOU... I means an awful lot coming from you :)

2 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

I have to admit that these are some of the finest pics I've seen. They capture several aspects all in one. The effect of light and shadow, the colouring of TEGB, the tree placement detail of TEGB and the ability of XP to produce those effects. Well done and congratulations. At least some should be in the March screenshot competition.

Thank you jjaycee... when you zoom in and compress that distance, it really shows how well done this scenery is... and the host sim shows it off so well.

2 hours ago, oldboy43 said:

Thanks Mark, very nice screen shots.

Many thanks Karoly :)

18 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I think these have to be the absolute finest XP shots I've seen to date.  Every last one could be a contest winner.  You have wrought a beautiful set of images Mark!

Jack, thank you kindly sir.

8 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Splendid set of shots these Mark. 

cheers 

Iain 

Cheers Iain :)

On 3/17/2019 at 9:32 PM, jean marc said:

it seems to me that this level of realism in colors in not such great in P3D4-4 ? I mean in P3D4 TE GBS uptonow

XP11 is a beautifully capable sim in the visual department... with a little help.

On 3/17/2019 at 9:37 PM, JamesH1955 said:

Impressive shots for sure

Thanks James.

On 3/17/2019 at 9:50 PM, Capt Pugwash said:

Splendid shots...XP & True Earth GB truly are a dream come true :)

Cheers... and yes, it really is for me, and clearly many others.

On 3/17/2019 at 9:53 PM, BradB said:

Fantastic caps Mark !! .

Thanks John, happy you like them.

11 hours ago, adambar said:

Great looking preset Mark! :)

Thank you Adam :)

Archived