ORBX 2019 ROADMAP (231 SCREENSHOTS!)

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/8/2019 at 7:04 PM, keino333 said:

image.png.c07f0016fa1e5cf1a7c22386a132b142.png

This has been a highly anticipate piece of sim-astate for many years... I hope it is to come to full form soon in the mix of releases.

Wow, looks fantastic! Is this scenery still being worked on? :)

TE the Netherlands is out now and maybe France in the future but you guys are always fogetting Belgium (the small country in between) :) :) :) 

With EBBR brussels capitol of Europe.

Belgium have a large flightsim community ;) 

I hope maybe in the future Orbx will make TE Belgium :) 

Carry on guys i am a great fan 

3 hours ago, tktheo93 said:

Why do I not have fps issues with TE south, flying constantly from stockholm to Cardiff over London with the 717-200 no issues

Well geez maybe your specs are different or maybe you should fly INTO London instead of OVER it.  How's that for a start? It is pretty well documented that GBS has performance issues.

And who knows, maybe none of this will matter with the upcoming sim from Microsoft where the scenery already looks stunning.

5 hours ago, brianos007 said:

TE the Netherlands is out now and maybe France in the future but you guys are always fogetting Belgium (the small country in between) :) :) :) 

Belgium have a large flightsim community ;) 

I hope maybe in the future Orbx will make TE Belgium :) 

Totally agree...Is also my wish for the near future to be able having HiFi textures when flying over our country because I perform 90% VFR flights in GA planes.

This

Orbx Global announced for X-Plane

The incredibly popular FTX Global is now coming to Laminar’s sim - the package replaces autogen textures for the entire world. John Venema claims that it is currently in the Research and Development stage. It will be a “relatively lightweight download”, but will however not feature seasons like in the P3D version. There will be a 40% discount for Prepar3D owners.

https://www.thresholdx.net/news/ob2019

On 6/9/2019 at 6:18 PM, selvestad said:

Wow, looks fantastic! Is this scenery still being worked on? :)

This is the real Airport I've missed from a long time in Norway. I'm waiting it from two years! C'mon ORBX, winter will arrive ! :D

3 hours ago, pvupilot said:

Hoping for an announcement about TE GB North for P3D soon. And an update on KSGU. 

The new team doesn't start until September as I understand it, I wouldn't expect to hear much until late October or November...

2 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

The new team doesn't start until September as I understand it, I wouldn't expect to hear much until late October or November...

What new team!? Have I missed something?

On 6/29/2019 at 7:42 AM, Christopher Low said:

I am almost certain that JV stated that they still wanted to get TrueEarth GB Central and North for P3D v4 out this year. I can't see how that would be possible if they do not start work until September....

He did, but things can change. The post below is from March...

Please can requests for release dates stop?

I refer you to my disclaimer in the opening post:

*** Please note! *** Many of the screenshots shown here are from pre-alpha, alpha and beta stages of development and are not necessarily  indicative of the final product. Inclusion in this roadmap does NOT indicate a commitment or promise by Orbx to deliver the mentioned product in calendar year 2019;  all software projects are subject to delays and resource requirements are sometimes out of our control.

A roadmap is purely a ‘wishlist’ of what we’d like to deliver to customers in the next year. It is not an advanced release announcement, nor should we be taken to task if something does not ship, is late, or is cancelled.

This has been a Tsunami of new information for me and I am going to start applying for loans now so I will be ready when this stuff comes out; this news just gets better by the minute! One thing that gives me patience is that I have so much scenery now I cannot even possibly fly it all in 6 months time! The better news is there is more coming and "Thank You ORBX"! With P3D and X-Plane I am not sure there will be room enough for any other New Flight Sim Platforms any time in the near future, too darn vested in P3D and ORBX and loving it! Keep the assembly line rolling!

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm late to the party but has Holland North for XPlane been given the green light? I like sort of like the idea of having "islands" in Europe that we can then connect with our own Ortho4XP overflight zones. This sounds more and more realisty for me because a ZL 15 tile is only ~400 Megabyte and I can for example fill the entire France with only ca 30 Gbyte. From 10,000m it looks more or less the same and fps are excellent during those overflights. I just tested it for a small part of France and it was 60 fps all the way.

Austria sounds interesting to me too because then Germany can be "filled" the same way and we can do flights to Holland or UK.

• 1 month later...

TE the Netherlands is out now and maybe France in the future but you guys are always forgetting Belgium (the small country in between) :) :) :) 

Belgium have a large flightsim community ;) Maybe its so small on the chart you guys did not notice it .Its on the other side of the wonderfull TE south UK :) A very popular distination for UK people to come on holidays .

I hope maybe in the future Orbx will make TE Belgium :) 

1 hour ago, brianos007 said:

TE the Netherlands is out now and maybe France in the future but you guys are always forgetting Belgium (the small country in between) :) :) :) 

Belgium have a large flightsim community ;) Maybe its so small on the chart you guys did not notice it .Its on the other side of the wonderfull TE south UK :) A very popular distination for UK people to come on holidays .

I hope maybe in the future Orbx will make TE Belgium :) 

+1

Any word on XP Global? The road map that heads this thread indicates a 2019 release. Is that still on? The appearance of MSFS2020 means my XP 11 installation now has a "best before" date that is determining how much more I invest in addon's for it. But I would  buy XP Global if it helps me pass the time till the new platform arrives.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 3:02 PM, Sky_1 said:

This

The incredibly popular FTX Global is now coming to Laminar’s sim - the package replaces autogen textures for the entire world. John Venema claims that it is currently in the Research and Development stage. It will be a “relatively lightweight download”, but will however not feature seasons like in the P3D version. There will be a 40% discount for Prepar3D owners.

Any update on the progress of Orbx Global now since SFD has released there Global textures?

I am missing new releases for XP11  these last two weeks.

Maybe you spoiled me after some weeks releasing so many different and wonderful sceneries (I bought them all :) )

Any new scenery on the pipeline to be released this week for XP11 or P3D?

Regards, 

Dario 

X Plane 11 - Personally I'm up for any new UK airport/airfield and also any new MAJOR worldwide airports that OrbX releases. Not so interested in the small tin pot airfields outside of the UK to be honest. And of course anything TE anywhere! Looking forward to the upcoming California TE scenery!

Still highly looking forward to seeing KEGE in Xplane and KSEZ in AFS2. I have a feeling many US airports are going to roll out with the TE areas they are in but since KEGE is not in a current coverage area, hoping it will still remain high on the list of soon to be released.

On 6/26/2019 at 11:02 PM, Sky_1 said:

This

Any news, guys? 

Archived