Talofa and welcome to the Samoan Experience! [NSTU Preview 1]

Welcome to the Samoan Experience!

sCPsI1OkKbgRkTP555e062e653b7.jpg

Fresh off the heels of the Papua New Guinea Experience myself and ken teamed up once again to create another 'Pacific Experience' package, this time situated in the south pacific, encompassing over 3000sq km of land the Polynesian island chain of Samoa (Samoa and American Samoa) is a lush tropical paradise of volcanoes, coral reefs, white beaches, atolls and coconuts, due to the remoteness of the location aviation plays a big part with international flights coming and going from Hawaii, New Zealand and Australia, shorter regional flights from Tonga and Fiji, and plenty of local domestic flights between the main Samoan islands

Main Features:

American Samoa
- Full HD renditions of Pago Pago International Airport, Ofu Airport and Fitiuta Airport

- The islands of Tutuila, Aunu'u, Ofu, Olosega, Tau, and Rose and Swains atolls 100% completely covered in beautiful pristine 30/60cm photoreal, custom Samoan autogen vegetation and houses, hand drawn roads and traffic, loads of VFR and POI to find and explore, all topped off with a custom 10m mesh for sharp crisp mountains, valleys and volcanoes

Western Samoa
- Lite renditions of Faleolo International Airport, Maota Airport, Asau Airport and Fagali'i Airport

- The islands of Upolu, Savai'i, Nu'utele, Nu'ulua, Namua and Fanuatapu re-created completely from scratch with hand drawn coastlines, roads, hand placed landclass and vector polygons, plus a custom 30m mesh - (while not required this part of the project was designed to work best with the FTXGlobal basepack)

Coverage map:

aycFPvr.jpg?1
(KML attached below)

Due to the mammoth size of this project I'll slowly introduce a couple of the Islands and airports a day over the next 3-4 days.

First up is the main central feature: NSTU Pago Pago International airport, and the islands of Tutuila and Aunu'u

nrXL1KjwhIPLmPG555e063d7bd76.jpg

HC8t8DG.jpg?1

RDSVt3DFH3Hk8fi555e061cda55c.jpg

0HVyE0bbSpxcqyx555e0622b1a36.jpg

nhNlxRvj97hwBcd555e062921f59.jpg

VAc0pBIWSKipiDd555e0633e4c08.jpg

tsp84xkrk26pgwt555e063884d43.jpg

nehjmENNdgNRSpZ555e0647b92f2.jpg

aSqL6nCVK0IheUW555e064e536eb.jpg

E6kSQOGaFW8lkjU555e06532404f.jpg

NkWLAQoulftc6iW555e06581892e.jpg

G1fpBKQCqI8m2Yi555e065c8b5bd.jpg

jwSY6MT0RnxUb8p555e0661988e5.jpg

hgovuBYM9mKmS2O555e06671e75f.jpg

2mbbIi9bkvFzrDj555e066c3e5e3.jpg

BP85c4LcNTicnye555e06712fa52.jpg

CF2iq2BMRkRzwFn555e06763dce5.jpg

x9R2VfJvaXoIhSw555e067a962b3.jpg

SJSVAbQDQdE6RIQ555e067fc42c3.jpg

c3BJNkvyFdS3zGl555e068647f1e.jpg

ukYaQLGezpPNZmA555e068c2e299.jpg

1iZdSIqbVRGF2dn555e0692d2eb9.jpg

M7QchTyhcqdqxLV555e06032648a.jpg

8eKaqyspsEUMG26555e06083ff41.jpg

aoJYbOKomX7XOFO555e060d5e372.jpg

kG1tQKBjckPBvpt555e061282867.jpg

sIfsrv129MTTGrh555e06a5a41bf.jpg

SAdXz6xi1fytyDV555e06aad99b2.jpg

Vv4RC73cgw08tqD555e0699880a3.jpg

r1F2UjWUND33dAj555e069e9e996.jpg

Feiloa'i taeao!

Tim harris and Ken Hall

FTX American and Western Samoa.zip

Gasp!!! I need to catch my breath and pick up my jaw! :o Some place and wonderful rendition you have made. Hard to imagine the hours, days, weeks, months that must go into a project like this. Now I wonder, is this an FTX region in itself or does it sit nested within FTX Global? 

Yeah I guessed it right in March :lol: ! Tim, Ken, this preview is breathtaking, truly breathtaking.  Look at that Pago Pago bay ! Amazing.

Kudos to you and John V for taking the commercial risk to offer us something outside our usual sand boxes (NA, Europe), without a home market to help (Samoa, how many simmers >:D ?).  

The new rallying shout Pago Pago !

PS sorry but I cannot help, approx. ETA ?

Fresh, fresh, fresh! Ken and Tim, I just love you guys! ;)  :lol: You just made my year...for a second time! :D  :D :D  

Right now, I honestly am fairly speechless and gobsmacked and I just can't stop gorping at the breath-taking intro shots of this tropical holiday paradise you've created (practically every shot has something distinct or fascinating in it)...Wow, the Samoas, with luxury resort hotels, tourist and cultural/religous attractions, geological features, cable cars, shipwrecks, atolls, volcanos, lagoons, beaches, localised buildings and traffic, cruise ships etc. etc.  to boot!...I'll have to come back later to sing your praises and shout about every amazing thing I love about this scenery/experience but for starters, I have to agree with everyone above and for now leave you with an echo of Dominique's comments which I think are significant:

Kudos to you and John V for taking the commercial risk to offer us something outside our usual sand boxes (NA, Europe), without a home market to help (Samoa, how many simmers >:D ?).  

The new rallying shout Pago Pago !

...These 'Experience' packages are possibly the real key to opening up other exotic, adventurous and captivating settings around the globe... :D We are right behind you fellas!

Pago Pago! We're going on holiday...Thank you for such a great surprise.

P.S. I said fairly speechless, not completely... ;)

That is so cool! I can't wait for this, as I've been flying in and out of Jackson's airport lately and to all of the surrounding airports, which has been a lot of fun. So having the entire island change to within which to fly is going to be a lot of fun as well. Thanks for the previews. :)

Great looking scenery as usual but why only a lite version of Faleolo? It is still the main Samoan airport.

Originally we had intended to just do American Samoa with an upgrade to the land class for Samoa, but I think you'll find that our lite version of faleolo is packing a few calories.

Cheers

Ken

Look really beautiful and I am sure it will sell well, but without the Western islands in photoreal it is probably a no go for me unfortunately. Too little land to explore in photoscenery and too much ocean. Just my view and again I am sure it will be a big hit with others. 

Mike

Thankyou Tim & Ken,

Amazing work, Hawaiian shirt straw hat and flipflops are already packed for this adventure. First place I will go is the rusty shipwreck, that model is sensational. Then me an BOB will definitely visit the other POI's there's so much beautiful modelling in this I can hardly contain my excitement.

Gilligan's Island looks beautiful in the last shot, and the rusted wreck of the SS Minnow a few shots before.

Seriously though, I love these Pacific projects, and hope that this will just be the second of many from Orbx in the future. 

Great job, Tim & Ken!

Originally we had intended to just do American Samoa with an upgrade to the land class for Samoa, but I think you'll find that our lite version of faleolo is packing a few calories.

Indeed. This is quite the beefy project you guys cranked out -- will take us a good while to digest this one.

Amazing, guys. This is just so exceedingly cool, with the all the custom buildings and details. This is going to be an instant classic.

Archived