This Week's Meaningless Topic (#105)(Sept 9)

Hi all. With the passing of Queen Elizabeth today, it doesn't seem right to be trivial. On the other hand, nobody better embodied than she that old British saying, "Keep calm and carry on." In her honor, then, we shall keep calm and carry on, trivial or not. Our topic speaks to the fact that many of us enjoy more challenges than just flight simulation. Some play realistic war games like DCS and War Thunder and Call of Duty. Others play fantasy games, Still others do other simulators--cars, trucks, railroads. And that leads to this week's topic.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC:  What computer games do you enjoy in addition to flight simulation?

• Like 4

Well I have a TRAINZ pc game that I would tinker around with when

I first bought it 20+yrs ago. It was a bit of fun.

But my little yet chubby Grandson plays it all the time as he loves his trains

including Thomas of coarse. I have him 5 days a week of which deny's me access

to my computer and therefore any simming what so ever. 

Bummer.:(

cheers

Gumby

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

aside from the usual flight sims I like to play American Truck Sim or Euro Truck Sim, it's so unstressful to play, any WRC driving game, and like Landon MLB The show....

12 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

MLB: The Show (American Baseball Game)

I thought I was the only person playing this, had to download it because MLB is not popular here, when based in Berlin some US Soldiers got me into MLB and NFL, been hooked on both since...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, carlosqr said:

Is chess a valid one?

I play it daily during lunch and dinner time against the computer... inearlier years I played it against my dad

Of course it does Carlos, chess is a great strategy game!

• Like 6

None - I simply read westerns on my Kindle Paperwhite.  To make sure I can't remember things, no stories of subjects after 1901 though.  I don't even fly anymore having given all my flight gear away and changed my computer.  

So, its all fantasy for me now.  Reality is too hurtful.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Is chess a valid one?

I play it daily during lunch and dinner time against the computer... inearlier years I played it against my dad

Carlos, I play my brother through email.  If you ever want to play like that lemme know.  We each have a board set up and make a move a day.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Carlos, I play my brother through email.  If you ever want to play like that lemme know.  We each have a board set up and make a move a day.

Only one move a day? That's almost like cricket.:lol:

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1