Hey John aka BradB where are you?

flyingleaf

1 hour ago, flyingleaf said:

John you're MIA. I hope all is well.Have not seen a post in a while. Cheers k

Hey Karl , all is not well ; by the first of the week , we will be forced to leave our home on the Pend Oreille river here in NE Washington state because of historic flooding . We have been working long hours moving everything out of our basement up to our second floor of our home . By this time next week , there will be water up to our ceiling in our basement . With no power and water we are forced to move to a long term condo rental . Plus the water will close our road anyway for any access to the outside world . The water is not expected to recede until the middle of June . Then the restoration crews come in to the home to pump out the water and begin drying out the home . After that , then new drywall , plumbing and electrical goes in . We don't expect to be back in our home until the first of July . We do have National Flood Insurance that will cover most of the repairs , but the $4000 for temp housing is on our dime . Anyway

I will continue to monitor the Orbx forum for any bit's of humor that might cheer me up . Between you and Martyn and Jack and throw in Gerold for good measure , I expect your usual excellent screenshots along with some of the funniest commentary around these parts . :):)

Cheers

John

Uh, that´s a story, John. Most of us would not be willing to change with you. I hope there is still something positive you can take out of it, like

- no one of your beloved ones is hurt

- you have some time to prepare what to rescue

- you will not be forced to make honeydo jobs this spring (there is more important)

- you can make a cleanup and get rid of everything YOU think is useless.

Keep your valuables dry and the computer safe. And, please: Keep us informed from time to time!

2 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Sorry to hear this John I hope you and yours stay safe and you get back on your feet soon.

cheers 

Iain 

By the sound of it his feet will be webbed.

On a more serious note flooding is not fun. I have been there and done that living through the 1979 floods in Brisbane. It seemed like the rain would never end and took ages for evrything to dry out.

Good luck with the repairs and getting into your home sooner rather than later.

That is totally unexpected news John.

I thought your absence was due to a holiday.

I hope that everything goes as well as can be expected and I wish I lived close so I could help out.

Keep safe.

3 hours ago, BradB said:

Hey Karl , all is not well ; by the first of the week , we will be forced to leave our home on the Pend Oreille river here in NE Washington state because of historic flooding . We have been working long hours moving everything out of our basement up to our second floor of our home . By this time next week , there will be water up to our ceiling in our basement . With no power and water we are forced to move to a long term condo rental . Plus the water will close our road anyway for any access to the outside world . The water is not expected to recede until the middle of June . Then the restoration crews come in to the home to pump out the water and begin drying out the home . After that , then new drywall , plumbing and electrical goes in . We don't expect to be back in our home until the first of July . We do have National Flood Insurance that will cover most of the repairs , but the $4000 for temp housing is on our dime . Anyway

I will continue to monitor the Orbx forum for any bit's of humor that might cheer me up . Between you and Martyn and Jack and throw in Gerold for good measure , I expect your usual excellent screenshots along with some of the funniest commentary around these parts . :):)

Cheers

John

Gosh John that's terrible!  I didn't know you lived so near a river that floods like this, I'm surprised the government is allowing you back in after this.  Is this like we had once, a "500 year flood"?  Or does this river flood often?  I'm really sorry to hear this news and if you need anything don't hesitate to let me know!

53 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Gosh John that's terrible!  I didn't know you lived so near a river that floods like this, I'm surprised the government is allowing you back in after this.  Is this like we had once, a "500 year flood"?  Or does this river flood often?  I'm really sorry to hear this news and if you need anything don't hesitate to let me know!

Hey Jack , the river has flooded many times in the past . 1997 and 2011 were bad years with water in the basement . Our main level is above the 100 year flood plain , but the lower level where we parked our cars and had lots of storage area is not . I had my FS computer in a third garage , which I called my "Man Cave" . Here is a link about our "Dam" ; http://www.nws.usace.army.mil/Missions/Civil-Works/Locks-and-Dams/Albeni-Falls-Dam/

Cheers

John

Hey Jack , the river has flooded many times in the past . 1997 and 2011 were bad years with water in the basement . Our main level is above the 100 year flood plain , but the lower level where we parked our cars and had lots of storage area is not . I had my FS computer in a third garage , which I called my "Man Cave" . Here is a link about our "Dam" ; http://www.nws.usace.army.mil/Missions/Civil-Works/Locks-and-Dams/Albeni-Falls-Dam/

Cheers

John
Is the sim ok? [emoji846] I'm sure you don't want to loose that expensive PC. That is unless you decide to trade it in for a boat. [emoji2]

9 minutes ago, caleb1 said:

Is the sim ok? emoji846.png I'm sure you don't want to loose that expensive PC. That is unless you decide to trade it in for a boat. emoji2.png

Yes the Sim is fine , a river flood other than flash flooding is a "Slow Motion Disaster" . We knew with record snow pack in the mountain's of Western Montana and North Idaho that this was the logical conclusion . :(:)

John

3 hours ago, Ripcord said:

Just the fact that you have flood insurance puts you ahead of 85% of Houston.  Glad to hear that, if nothing else.

After this event is over , I will have a very personal connection to the amazing people of your city . Thank God that we don't have the extreme heat and humidity that you folks faced in the clean up after Hurricane Harvey last year .

John

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

That is totally unexpected news John.

I thought your absence was due to a holiday.

I hope that everything goes as well as can be expected and I wish I lived close so I could help out.

Keep safe.

Yes , I am on my yearly holiday  to Thailand , the flood is just a ruse . :huh::rolleyes::lol: Seriously , thanks to all of you guys for you concern and well wishes , it means a lot to me . :):)

Cheers

John

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Uh, that´s a story, John. Most of us would not be willing to change with you. I hope there is still something positive you can take out of it, like

- no one of your beloved ones is hurt

- you have some time to prepare what to rescue

- you will not be forced to make honeydo jobs this spring (there is more important)

- you can make a cleanup and get rid of everything YOU think is useless.

Keep your valuables dry and the computer safe. And, please: Keep us informed from time to time!

We are both trying to stay positive , I guess a lot less stuff to have to pack up when we are off to the "Old Folks" home in a few years . :):D

John

Best of luck in a hard time.  Good thing you had flood insurance.  I am required to have it, too, since I am just at the edge of the Rio Grande flood plain.  It has beeen years since the river overflowed in southern New Mexico, but a one never knows.

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Cheers

John

Very interesting site John!  And despite the floods you live in quite a beautiful area!  No wonder you love Orb's PNW so much!  Thanks goodnesss you man cave is ok, I know exactly how you feel about it, perhaps we males all do :D

Oh dear. John I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. A lot of southern BC has the same problem, however the main thing is that you and yours are staying safe. Godspeed my friend I wish for the best for you soonest. k

2 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Oh dear. John I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. A lot of southern BC has the same problem, however the main thing is that you and yours are staying safe. Godspeed my friend I wish for the best for you soonest. k

Thanks Karl , I appreciate your post very much . :):)

Cheers

John

1 hour ago, paulb said:

Gosh John, really sorry to hear about the flooding. My best wishes to you and yours. I hope that things work out ok for you.

Thanks Paul . :):)

John

Wow John, this is upsetting news :( Flooding is one of my worst fears as far as living goes. I cannot imagine the hardship you and your family will be dealing with. I guess I can offer to just try and "hunt the good stuff", meaning try to find some good at the end of it all. Easier said then done, I know. 

Archived