Passing of Frank Cooper Brisbane Australia

Hi Everyone it’s with deepest regret that I inform you of the passing of Frank Cooper.
Frank past away late Thursday evening after a short illness at Brisbane’s Wesley Hospital. As some of you are well aware Frank was a major contributor especially in the forums while he was building his 737 cockpit and had a keen following. Frank was always willing to help anyone with suggestions as to the best way to build their sims. He was also a contributor to making the repaints for the Orbx Ai Traffic packs. He had purchased probably every Orbx Product that has been developed and always spoke highly about Orbx products. The Flight sim community will certainly miss his enthusiasm, knowledge and humour. 

He had traveled to New Zealand numerous times to help me with my 737 simulator and I’m very appreciative of this. He was in the process of converting from the 737 Ng to the 737 Max and was nearing completion but unable to finish it. He was building the sim using the new Sismo equipment which he was looking forward to flying with. 

Franks YouTube Channel showing the 737 Max he was building. 

https://www.youtube.com/user/tennyson1957

Fly high In the Sky RIP Frank Cooper

Richard and Brody Jellyman 

Auckland 
New Zealand 

2D97E9F8-9C6E-45F7-A788-89816F74FB4D.jpeg

9A1385F2-4EE6-4908-BF5C-B9EB4037C75C.jpeg

This is very very sad news indeed i never met Frank in person we spoke many times over the years about all kinds of things Frank was always offering me a seat in his cockpit which sadly i never took up. A true gent he was and always helpful when he could be, Richard please pass on our condolences from myself and Ayiesha to Franks family for us  R.I.P. Frank my old mate.

Iain and Ayiesha.

A very sad shock to see this post. I never ceased to be amazed by his energy and enthusiasm shown in his posts on this forum. His zest for life, generous spirit were inspirational. My condolences to his family. He will be missed by many. Truly, a life well lived.

This is indeed sudden and tragic news. I too followed Frank's simpit building journey and I always took time to read updates when he posted them. My heartfelt sympathy to his family and friends, and may Franks' memory live on here, among us simmers. 

34 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

This is indeed sudden and tragic news. I too followed Frank's simpit building journey and I always took time to read updates when he posted them. My heartfelt sympathy to his family and friends, and may Franks' memory live on here, among us simmers. 

I can absolutely join Landons words about my feelings about Frank and the shocking news. May he rest in peace and hopefully find a good way to fly up where he goes.

Absolutely terrible news ....... we knew Frank’s health was an issue, but it seemed he was on the improve. We have lost one of our most committed enthusiasts - indeed a sorry day.  Condolences to his family, and may he Rest In Peace.

Very sad news, my thoughts are with his family, he and I spoke many times over the years and he was always a true gentleman, Frank took flight simming to a level I could only ever dream of, we'll miss his presence here on the forums

This is very sad, tragic news.  As Tim said above Frank took his flight simulation to a level we could all dream of, and that certainly took talent, perseverance, and a love of our hobby and aviation.  Frank was always gracious, so knowledgeable, and very helpful on these forums and his presence will be truly missed.

My sincere condolences to his family.

RIP Frank.

So sad to read this news.

I spent many hours following the progress of Frank's various builds and updates to his cockpit and will certainly miss his dedication to his passion.

I also never met Frank personally but he was a real gentleman and very open to helping people out.

Frank will be badly missed.

My condolences to his family.

Jack

I too am blown out of the water by the news of us all losing Frank. I cannot count the number of times I have replayed his Youtube videos helping me out with View Groups etc.

He was a gentleman and a dedicated 'teacher' to many of us actually building a simulator..

Frank legacy has now shown that we are all fragile and that any of us could go at anytime. Good enough reason to get on with building and finish, so that at least you have time to enjoy the fruits...and money... of your labour. 

I am genuinely sad for his family's loss.

R.I.P Frank Tennyson Cooper.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Thank you all for such beautiful comments and messages..

I am one of Frank's sisters and the loss of our beautiful Frank has effected us immeasurably.

I did have the absolute pleasure of being a passenger in Frank's simulator and I was truly amazed at what he had built and the reality of the experience..

I was in awe of his incredible skills and knowledge and it was just one of his so many talents.

Frank was a truly amazing, beautiful and loving brother.

We all miss him immensely and it has left an enormous whole in our lives.

I know he will be flying high in the sky and shortly after his passing I had a dream of Frank standing beside an aeroplane and he was smiling with a hug smile that was so significant of his personality and he looked at ne and he said.....I'm out of here.....if that's not a message I don't know what is.

Thank you all for your beautiful messages and stories as it helps to know how very valued and appreciated he was.

Frank will always be remembered and treasured by all of us forever, that is for sure.

Best regards

Kathy Kent

Thank you Kathy, Frank was a true inspiration to many here im sure of that im so glad for the time he spent here showing us all what he was doing with his builds it just amazed me what knowledge he had and how he did things.

Frank will be missed by many in the flightsim world thats for sure.

Take care

Iain

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

For those of you enquiring about what happened to my beautiful brother's simulator. It is at this point still in tact. We are about to hold a memorial for Frank as we have not been able to come together until this year due to restrictions. Below I will post the memorial details for anyone interested.

I will enquire what is to happen with his simulator when we attend that function and update you after that. 

I hope you are all keeping safe !  Thank you....Kate

A CELEBRATION OF LIFE

APRIL 24TH 2021 - 1PM

THE TERRACE - CABOOLTURE SPORTS CLUB

*If you intend to come please advise by replying here as numbers are limited.*

Thank you very much Katie for posting this i hope you and the family are keeping well and all goes well on this special day to remember Franks life, Although i never met Frank in real life we spoke many a time here on the forum and had a good crack i used to marvel at what he was doing building his beloved sim he was always offering me a flight in it when i came over to Aus we used to laugh about things here and what we were doing and i know he is missed here.

I will raise a glass on his celebration day for sure.

Frank Cooper a true Gentleman.

cheers

Iain 

I entered the forum in 2009 and i remember frank very well and this amazing project he was working on,he was a true too life person and loved flightsimming so much and i always looked forward too his updates on his home simulator,may he rest in piece and a trueblue aussie,and he was always motivating people too come try his sim which looked amazing and thankyou Katie for updating this as i had no idea where he was,as i was taking a big break from simming for a while and always was thinking what frank was doing and how was the sim going :) and a huge condolances too his family.

Archived