I have to share a good news with you great folks, I have stop smoking...

Benny

.... since ORBX forum is part of my daily life, I tough I should share that with you guy, and yes it is Flight Sim oriented :), I will now have more money to spend on more stuff, ha ha ha.
30 years of smoking, almost 2 pack a day, it as been 1 month today, I am very proud of myself. 182$ per week, 728$ per month, 8736$ per year.

Since I did stop, I have been putting 10$ a day in a jar, it as now 300$ inside. In a few month it's a I 9900K and a 2080 that I will be spending my money on, ha ha ha.

Where I live, a pack cost 13$, that is like 26$ a day

You virtual friend, Ben
ps.: Yes I do vape and without that it would have been almost impossible to stop

Benny, I wish you well. I quit cold turkey back in 1977 and haven't had one since. It probably took seven years before I really could say that the urge to smoke ceased to be a constant threat. Take it one day at a time, and overcome each desire to smoke one at a time. As a heavy smoker it takes a complete new mindset to win. You have to set in your mind that your really want to stop.

Good luck, you can do it. You have already seen a benefit worth achieving, more disposable income!

Congratulations Benny!  It can't be easy giving up on 2 packs a day.  I quit for good a few years ago.  I smoked up to the age of about 30, and am now 42.  It was a long process for me.  I kind of slowed down, and limited when and where I smoked, then eventually stopped completely.  With the price of tobacco in Australia, I could not imagine still spending all that money.

Your lungs, heart, brain etc.... and your pocket will be all the better for it.

Congrats Benny and excellent news.  Your heart and lungs thank you as well.  Great idea concerning the money. A FS rig can always be improved. The new MSFS 2020 is another item you can spend money on. So many simulators and all looking to pull money their way.    I have never smoked but I hear from people who have found they have more time on there hands. 

Well done Benny, but do not become complacent. Like all drugs, it's never 100% out of your system. Even after 20 years off smokes sometimes after a nice meal or after having a couple of drinks I'll think to myself, just one......Just keep the money being saved to the forefront of your mind.  Also imagine if you had Australian prices which I think are up to around AUD$35 - $40 (CAD$31) for a pack of 30's...and I have a married couple who both smoke at least one pack per day each and more on weekends!!!!

Congratulations Benny!! 

It has been 10+yrs for me since I quit. After trying all the prescription drug programs and everything else, I came to realize I wasn't able to do it alone, so I turned to my higher power and prayed and prayed and before long I was finding it hard to even put a cigarette in my mouth without feeling sick. I did also use a herbal nerve relaxing product (Valerian root, hops, passion flower) to help through the first few weeks of withdrawals. I can report that for me it is 100% removed out of my system, no cravings ever, even the thought of it makes me sick to my stomach now. I have no issues sitting in a room of smokers other than to look forward to eventually getting to some fresh air lol....so don't believe those that tell you different. It does not need to be a forever fight. :) :) 

Archived