Made it to Melbourne

Jack Sawyer

Awesome shots Jack!  My favourite airport, although I feel like I say that about a lot of them :lol:.  I do love YMML though, just because it's very familiar.

Seeing as though you are in Melbourne, feel free to drop by for a drink.  You could catch a chopper or jet over to Moorabbin, or we could just meet up in the city B)

Cheers,

6 minutes ago, paulb said:

Wow! Great flight Jack and super shots. :) I look forward to your flights in Oz!

Thanks Paul.  That was my goal, to fly the 747 to Australia so I can fly to all the Orbx airports there.  Then I want to do the same with a flight to NZ.

2 minutes ago, Scott Harmes said:

Awesome shots Jack!  My favourite airport, although I feel like I say that about a lot of them :lol:.  I do love YMML though, just because it's very familiar.

Seeing as though you are in Melbourne, feel free to drop by for a drink.  You could catch a chopper or jet over to Moorabbin, or we could just meet up in the city B)

Cheers,

Thanks Scott, I would really love that, maybe someday.

8 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Paul.  That was my goal, to fly the 747 to Australia so I can fly to all the Orbx airports there.  Then I want to do the same with a flight to NZ.

That sounds an excellent plan Jack. It should be fun flying to all of the different airports.

11 minutes ago, BradB said:

What , no upside down topsy-turvy flying Jack ; I hope you are feeling okay . B):rolleyes::o:(:lol:

Cheers

John

I can’t do goofy stuff all the time John.   I will do some in Oz I reckon but I really wanted to see if I and the PC could do it. Across the Pacific I was getting 100 FPS.

14 minutes ago, jean marc said:

What a great plan Jack ... And you should end it with the coming (it seems) ftx aussie v.2 ... (Great to do it also in photoscenery mse )

Thanks Jean Marc.  I'd rather begin it with v.2 but no idea when it'll be released.  Instant buy from me though.

3 hours ago, Ken Terry said:

Jack, welcome to our wonderful country, did you do the flight in real time or speed it up using the accelerator?

Regards

Ken

Thanks Ken, real time.  I let it run all day and night.  First time I ever did this and the computer passed with flying colors.

3 hours ago, Ken Terry said:

Jack did you see Prince Harry and Meghan as they we in Melbourne as you arrived.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/oct/18/prince-harry-and-meghan-given-royal-treatment-in-melbourne

Cheers

Ken

I didn't see that Ken, I don't watch TV but I do go to a lot of news sites and didn't know thet were there.

2 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Welcome Jack, great pictures. During your stay, don't forget to do one of your daring stunts - flying under the Sydney Harbour Bridge, just make sure it's low tide.:lol:

Don 

Thanks Don!  I might try that when I get to Sydney, but in a 747 :D

1 hour ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shot Jack great trip. I'd like to fly there with T-bone and my Dakota. But by the time we lift up from the runway you're already halfway there with that flying "monster" of yours.:angry:B):D

Thanks Karl!  I think it's a beautiful monster.  :P  But with the proper planning and a lot of cold ones I reckon you can make it there in a few months? :)

17 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Jack. Wonderful flight. I especially liked the one shot taken after the plane was abducted by aliens and taken outside the atmosphere for brief examination. Only Jack would come up with that. Thanks! :wacko:

Thanks Rodger :lol:  They wanted to know my secret on how to fly under bridges, where they come from they said they don't have any.  :lol:

Well done Jack, glad to see you and your PC managed it.

SOme wonderful images from your flight although there wouldn't have been many to take for a while once you left Hawaii!

Wouldn't it be great to see QF (or any one else)  buying the 748, but it isn't going to happen.:(

Remember to get the Balfours Airport Bus up to Mooroopna, they can drop you off right outside my front door!

balfours.thumb.jpg.454ab970e12e84b0608f432ce39d7bff.jpg

What a great plane and flight Jack. And I see you master normal procedures as well!

On 10/19/2018 at 2:43 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Now I can start exploring Oz.

Take your time Jack, and maybe do a full round, perhaps even supported by OZx? My first virtual tour was unforgettable, so please enjoy that by yourself. And post a bit for us to enjoy...!

Did you pass by that sign as well after landing?

0KUOiuC.jpg

15 hours ago, ydelta said:

Nice flight, I will fly to Melbourne for real in 10 days but mine will be much longer than yours... :unsure::huh::o:rolleyes:

You lucky guy, YD. Maybe you even manage to take some RL flight shots? Or take the bus to Mooroopna? Or, or, or...

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Well done Jack, glad to see you and your PC managed it.

SOme wonderful images from your flight although there wouldn't have been many to take for a while once you left Hawaii!

Wouldn't it be great to see QF (or any one else)  buying the 748, but it isn't going to happen.:(

Remember to get the Balfours Airport Bus up to Mooroopna, they can drop you off right outside my front door!

balfours.thumb.jpg.454ab970e12e84b0608f432ce39d7bff.jpg

That's COOL Martyn!  But that's QF?

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Take your time Jack, and maybe do a full round, perhaps even supported by OZx? My first virtual tour was unforgettable, so please enjoy that by yourself. And post a bit for us to enjoy...!

Did you pass by that sign as well after landing?

Didn't see that sign Gerold but I like it, it's very clever!  I could never get Ozx to work and I don't plan on trying, if it's not installed by FTX Central then it's too much of a hassle with me.  I have very little time and tolerance for things that do not work.  I give something one chance, if it doesn't work I uninstall it and bin it.  My threshold for nonsense is very low.

Archived