A classical PNW loop

Stillwater

Following my recent flight towards Seattle I just "had" to inspect some older sceneries that I did not fly in p3d yet - or even did not own before the last sales. So I set up a flight plan with a little loop, ...

2018-4-13loop.jpg

... went out of KPAE...

2018-4-15_11-53Snohomish.jpg

... over Everett...

2018-4-15_11-54Everett.jpg
2018-4-15_11-55-14-168.jpg

... and into the valley of the "North Fork Stillaguamish River". It should be possible to give it an even longer name, but I see it would not be easy.

2018-4-15_12-3-3-27.jpg

Fantastic mountains around Darrington...

2018-4-15_12-10Darrington.jpg
2018-4-15_12-10-53-570.jpg

Heading on northwards over the Sauk river...

2018-4-15_12-23SaukRiver.jpg

... into Concrete.

2018-4-15_12-28Concrete.jpg

These Washingtonians seem to be very resistant against cold & wet weather. Nothing more than T-shirts here...

2018-4-15_12-32-16-655.jpg

Climbing to the west over Skagit river...

2018-4-15_12-37SkagitRiver.jpg

... but not for long, as Israel´s Farm is waiting to be found. And finding it is a real challenge...

2018-4-15_12-43IsraelsFarm.jpg

Even on the ground the runway can easily be overlooked.

2018-4-15_12-45-29-147.jpg
2018-4-15_12-50-21-802.jpg
2018-4-15_12-52-8-496.jpg

It is only a short hop until the Anacortes refinery comes into view, ...

2018-4-15_13-2Refinery.jpg

... which means the sim pilot has to make the little detour south to Deception Pass bridge.

2018-4-15_13-8DeceptionPass.jpg
2018-4-15_13-8-53-577.jpg

Paul was polite enough to leave the signs installed at Anacortes airfield.

2018-4-15_13-16-25-383.jpg
2018-4-15_13-20Anacortes.jpg

You´ll probably see a little anomaly here - which I will report separately as well.

2018-4-15_13-21-42-65.jpg

Downwing over San Juan Island into KFHR...

2018-4-15_13-28SanJuanIs.jpg

... where I naturally stop directly next to the Café for a little burger. But the windows are dark, and no guests there - did I arrive out of business hours?

2018-4-15_13-36KFHR.jpg

Great little tour Gerold, and glad to see you finely checked out all these fine PNW airports. There are some real good ones in there that I am surprised you hadn't checked out sooner, but better late than never :) A very nice narration to accompany these fine, scenic shots too. A most enjoyable flight experience.

1 hour ago, mikee said:

Great Shots Gerold , well done :)

Thank you Mikee!

26 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Great little tour Gerold, and glad to see you finely checked out all these fine PNW airports. There are some real good ones in there that I am surprised you hadn't checked out sooner, but better late than never :) A very nice narration to accompany these fine, scenic shots too. A most enjoyable flight experience.

Thanks Landon. In fact it was only Darrington I purchased since my last PNW tour, the others I experienced in FSX earlier. But, of course, all needs to be evaluated in p3d again. Keeps me kind of busy...!

10 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

What for fantastic screenshots from fantastic landscapes, one more lovely than the other. Thanks for taking us along!

Thank you, Lars!

5 minutes ago, BradB said:

I am sorry our weather was so lousy for your tour Gerold , come back this Summer and it should be much brighter . Your P3D looks fantastic by the way . :(:o:D:)

Cheers

John

Initially I though "I´ll be back" when I was flying that tour. And I had the idea to make this the title of the post as well...

I will either be there in Summer again, or I´ll cheat...:ph34r:!

43 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Thanks Landon. In fact it was only Darrington I purchased since my last PNW tour, the others I experienced in FSX earlier. But, of course, all needs to be evaluated in p3d again. Keeps me kind of busy...!

Ah, gotcha Gerold...I was wondering...I was thinking to myself that Gerold has been around here for a long time, how could he have not flown around Concrete or Anancortes by now? But, your explanation covers that. Anyhow, great loop!

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thoroughly enjoyable flight Gerold with some outstanding images of the scenery.:)

Thanks Martyn.

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

beautiful area to fly but I haven't been here for ages.:o

I cannot believe that - if so this is an issue you have to change as soon as possible!

34 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Thanks Martyn.

I cannot believe that - if so this is an issue you have to change as soon as possible!

Ok Gerold, it appears you have decided where I am going to visit next!:)

I hope that the post of my flight is not construed as FSim plagiarism.:huh::o:ph34r::rolleyes::lol:

14 hours ago, adambar said:

Little late for the dance Gerold, but, you made up for it with these beauties! :)

Never too late for pleasure, Adam!

11 hours ago, paulb said:

Great tour Gerold! :)

Thank you, Paul!

7 hours ago, boetie said:

Thanks for the ride Gerold. A fine set of shots :)

Cheers Graeme

You´re welcome, Graeme. Even in this limiting weather...!

6 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Holy cow! That was a beautiful day! Who cares about the bit of rain and snow on the way!

Haha, indeed beautiful. At least I could always stay under the clouds (imagine you would descend into these mountains...)!

49 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

Very nice. 

cheers 

Iain 

Thanks, Iain!

On 4/15/2018 at 10:17 AM, Stillwater said:

... and into the valley of the "North Fork Stillaguamish River". It should be possible to give it an even longer name, but I see it would not be easy.

That was great Gerold!  I really enjoyed them all.  And I love this, a longer name! :lol:

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That was great Gerold!  I really enjoyed them all.  And I love this, a longer name! :lol:

Thank you, Jack. The contest is now opened to find rivers with longer names!

1 hour ago, jean marc said:

Absolutely beautiful - I love your sea color and aspect and your sky luminosity / grey clouds - mostly on the 2 last ones :o  thank you !!

Merci, Jean Marc. The magician brewing the colors is named REX 4 Texture Direct. And if you know him I can even look which of the ingredients he used...;)!

Really beautiful shots Gerold, if there is one flight that I like to make, it is this one. All those quality airports in such a small area, plus the beautiful mountains. And watch out as soon as bad weather comes in, you can get caught very rapidly. Great post!

32 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

The magician brewing the colors is named REX 4 Texture Direct. And if you know him I can even look which of the ingredients he used...;)!

oh yes please - lucky because I have this one :)  And I see that I need to improve my knowledge to better use it : great potential indeed

REX 4 manuel offers many possibilities - so many that I've been a bit lazzy uptonow to learn how to do - limiting myself just to pick up by hazard some textures...having really not such beautiful results as yours - thank in advance for ingredients for the texture soup :rolleyes:

On 16.4.2018 at 11:10 PM, jean marc said:

oh yes please - lucky because I have this one :)  And I see that I need to improve my knowledge to better use it : great potential indeed

REX 4 manuel offers many possibilities - so many that I've been a bit lazzy uptonow to learn how to do - limiting myself just to pick up by hazard some textures...having really not such beautiful results as yours - thank in advance for ingredients for the texture soup :rolleyes:

Sky colors: 08-Pacific, 21-Oceanic and 04-July Heat

Sun: Set 01

Water: Set 18-Dark Shallow Coral

Waves: Set 02-Incoming

On 17.4.2018 at 12:52 AM, Almedin said:

Beautiful set of shots mate! Thank you!

Regards,

Almedin

Thank you, Almedin. It is my pleasure to read your computer specs, they look very similar to mine!

On 17.4.2018 at 4:20 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

I reckon you'd find them in Wales right? :D

Probablywyhtforgethunghyrnthewaythismaybetrue!

15 hours ago, magic1 said:

very nice

Thank you, Magic!

6 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

A nice tour following the rivers Gerold.

That´s indeed what I did, Ben. I was a bit surprised how they flow around the mountain, and had to look intensively at the maps...!

4 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

Fantastic set of shots Gerold and i enjoyed you flight regards EMM

Glad you liked it, Stewart!

On 16.4.2018 at 10:56 PM, Orbxtreme said:

Really beautiful shots Gerold, if there is one flight that I like to make, it is this one. All those quality airports in such a small area, plus the beautiful mountains. And watch out as soon as bad weather comes in, you can get caught very rapidly. Great post!

You are so right, Francois. As the Orbxworld has become so big we tend to fly everywhere else, but one should return to some highlights frequently.

Archived