Future Experience packages - name your dream locations

Tim Harris

Hi all,

Thought I would open a discussion thread about future 'Experience' packages to gauge interests,

You've seen what myself and Ken can do with very hard to find data/material in Papua New Guinea, and now you've seen what we can do when data is much much better in American Samoa, and also more importantly what we have done with Western Samoa in creating vector based scenery to make up for a lack of decent imagery - this method can be applied to pretty much anywhere in the world regardless of data. While I normally prefer to not re-work ground already worked on by other scenery companies I would not rule it out.. ::);D

So whats your dream location for an 'Experience'? no promises but we'll certainly hear your voices/choices loud and clear

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tim,

I know it has been voiced before a number of times, but something in or around Hawaii would be really outstanding, but having said that I will be good to go with whatever comes out in the wash, you guys always do a fantastic job,

regards

John MD

Thanks Tim and Ken for this opportunity.

My ideal location would be the Phang Nga Bay area in Thailand.

Some amazing scenery in this area but the biggest drawback is the lack of airports in the area.There would be plenty of scope for float planes and helicopters.

There is already an excellent VTSP Phuket International on the market so the only RL alternative would be VTSG Krabi.

There again Cushman Meadows is a wonderful fictional airport so why not a few locations around the bay or on some of the islands.

Hi Tim, an excellent idea.

My favourite venue for my VFR flying (and occasionally for an ILS approach too) is Oshkosh in Wiskonsin, the venue for the world famous, week-long fly-in and airshow.

It would be nice to have an accurate and up-to-date rendering of the aerodrome and its surroundings, with a special configurator to enable the selection of airshow on or off. This would present opportunities for the developers for designing missions that replicate some of the airshow events that entertain the public (and the pilots).

The special ATC procedures that operate during the one week event themselves would be an interesting subject for a mission. The latter, if done well, could provide a platform for those pilots who in real life would like to hone their skills required for efficient and safe arrival and departure into and out of Oshkosh - with the customary rider "for simulation only, not to be used for real world flying".

Oshkosh is also the home of the Basler company who restore and re-power Dc-3 aircraft and market them with turboprop propulsion.

ok, my list:

The Bahamas!  but might be too big.

The Virgin Islands!  British and US,  

Fiji!  Cook Islands!   close to your Samoa and <cough> some other scenery products available.

Moar PNG!  lets get an ORBX Madang and Rabaul, and some more PNG bush strips,  or head to the other side and do some of the strips being made famous by the "worst place to be a pilot" series in Papua Indonesia.

Botswana!  Maun and the Okavango Delta area.  lots of bush strips,  covered by British TV a few years back,  a good African setting.

Alaska!  I know we already have SAK, and there have been rumblings that the rest of the state is going to get made, full region style.  But it keeps its permanent position on the back burner, unfortunately, with the next year looking like SCA and Germany.  In the meantime, a great location for an "adventure" package would be Talkeetna and the Alaska range.  glacier landings supporting climbing expeditions at high altitude.

Yellowknife!  Ice Pilots!  Northern Canada

Amazon!  ok, don't know the specifics of where would be the best spot,  but the Amazon would be a great place to fly.

Hello Tim,

May I suggest four more, all in Australia.

1. Adelaide International
  2. Parafield Airport
  3. Aldinga Aerodrome, South Australia, the home of Adelaide biplanes, south of Adelaide, www.adelaidebiplanes.com.au.
  4. Temora, NSW, home of the Temora warbird museum, www.warbirdsdownunderairshow.com.au.

They are all worthy of your brilliant talent.

I would personally like to see a rendition of Vietnam. It looks like such a stunning country. Perhaps with a few ORBX-ified air bases thrown in (if I'm correct in thinking there were a few USAF stations, I may be wrong!).

I'll also throw a vote in the hat for Hawaii. I don't understand why nobody has done the islands yet, especially as another company has already released some cracking airports.

Thank you Tim for the opportunity. In keeping with the idea of a mini-region, like PNG or the Samoas, with one medium sized airport and  with several smaller strips around:

- In the South pacific, my own favorite but I fear that we are not too many interested by such a scenery, would be the Solomons from Guadalcanal (with Honiara as the main airport) to Choiseul and Vella Lavella. Flying the Slot from island to island is a wonder. A lot a rusted wrecks too :lol: ! I'd love Hawaii too but wouldn't that go beyond the mini region concept ? Huge undertaking ! Anyway, do Maui only and PHOG Kaluhui and Id be a happy man.

- In the Carribbean, the Florida keys from North Key Largo down with Key West as the main attraction would be a sensational addon to OpenLC. The Bahamas woudn't be bad either.

-In Europe, three major touristic destinations would fit the concept and could be real successes, Corsica, Crete or the Balearic Islands off Spain.

I'd like to see the Papua / Solomon Sea region expanded to include the archipelago at the eastern end of PNG, the Solomon island chain, then up to New Britain and New Ireland.

As Dominique said, Guadalcanal+islands in "the slot" would fit the mini-region concept. And I'm not so sure about low interest- I'd have thought this area would interest all the WW2 buffs out there!

I'd love to see the PNG region expanded.

If it's off to somewhere new: Central / South America should hold a number of areas that might be of interest. Colombia is still home to one of the world's largest DC-3 fleets and has an impressive range of landscapes.

Or- while being rather flat - the coast off Belize is the second largest barrier reef. That would be a fine scenic place to ferry tourists to from Philip Goldson Intl. Airport (which looks smaller than Port Moresby). Or one could head inland and look for Maya temples...

Cheers

Mallarf

The Channel Islands.......Good for VFR flights from EU England's South coast airfields, as well as small charter ops to and from the UK mainland.

The Balearic Islands......Good for Island hopping as well as a hugely popular holiday charter/scheduled flight destination from the UK as well as the rest of Europe.

Corsica & Sardinia.......Easily reached from mainland Italy, Southern France and the Balearic Islands, and offering beautifully rugged terrain for VFR 'island hoppers'.

The Hawaiian Islands...Because I have the MSE Earth version and can appreciate how much better it would look with Autogen!

The Canary Islands.....Hugely diverse landscapes and very popular holiday charter/scheduled destinations (Madeira, Tenerife, Lanzerote, Gran Canaria etc). Would be great for VFR inter Island hopping too!

Hi Tim 

My favour location is Zhangye Danxia landform that is a vast, spectacular, strange shapes, colorful, arid regions of China. It is the largest and most typical Danxia landscape, with high scientific value and tourism value. Zhangye Danxia concentrated in Linze, Sunan County territory, an area of over 300 square kilometers or more, and is one of the biggest and best, landform modeling richest regions of China Danxia landforms.

Please click and see pictures below you will be very surprise why earth have such colourful mountains

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/05/24/01c456e.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/05/24/03a.png

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/05/24/04cc3af.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/05/24/05.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/05/24/06.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/05/24/027c712.jpg

I always wondered why Turkey is not considered by Orbx although it satisfies most of the criteria required for a scenery to be appealing - it's big, mountainous, has changing landscapes with many cities, active seaports, green villages, and almost 60 airports including the recently-open and the only Turkish airport on the sea, Ordu-Giresun Intl. Even in FSGlobal Istanbul looks amazing!

I vote for Turkey!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Great suggestions around already, so the Tim & Ken team will surely get a lot of ideas. I would raise my fingers for ...

The Canaries - a region forgotten yet in the sims, as it is neither considered "Europe" nor "Africa". Has big & small airports, mountains, tropic zones, cities, churches, ...

Some mediterrenian island with more specific details than OpenLC would also be fine - but surely a different business model than the more exotic places.

Well Tim, like the others, I am happy with whatever you do. Though I would love to see that middle area of the North West in NA filled in. So that the Nevada area is covered. However, it may be too big for what you are considering next.

Thanks for the opportunity to comment.

May be I will alone on thses, but Ontario, Québec and eastern Canada in Orbx region quality. Wow !. Lots of rivers, some mountains, good bush flying, and some spectacular seeing (Cabot trail, Fundy Bay, Labrador north eastern coast, North of Toronto, Malbaie area...

Michel

Hawaii with Vectors, Global and Pilots 2010 already looks amazing. There are a lot of Hawaiian airports that have been upgraded, both payware and freeware. That being said, would I be a customer for an Orbx Hawaii with a city scape of Honolulu and Pearl Harbor.

Greg

Archived