Future Experience packages - name your dream locations

Tim Harris

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If not in Pacific Zone, I want ISLAND-experience-package.

Orbx demo of this island is bad, It needs photoreal for the entire island and LC and autogen as Orbx  know to do it.

Some pics of this fabulous land:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=6cfb251669580af8&parentid=6CFB251669580AF8!2568&parId=6CFB251669580AF8!1191&authkey=!ABqx3ppjygAOKOA&ithint=folder%2c&resid=6CFB251669580AF8!2307

A great experience-package....

My vote goes to Turkey. Home to different textures, seasons, plantations and variable geography, Turkey has a lot to offer for IFR and VFR flights.

Ordu-Giresun Airport (LTCB), which was opened a couple of days ago lies on an artificial island reclaimed from the sea, one of the rare examples of its kind. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordu-Giresun_Airport.

ghf_5153.jpg

There are many airports across the country, all with different approaches and elevations. There is, for example, Zonguldak Çaycuma Airport (LTAS) with an approach between the hilly terrain just like the one you'll see at Paro, Bhutan.

So I think this will be a beautiful experiment if you guys make it real.

+1   

Would love the Hawaiian Islands and Japanese main land.

David...

I don't think Japan would qualify for an Experience Pack as even the main land is too large. However it would give a stunning full fat Region which would get my vote immediately.

Kind Regards, Michael

I don't think Japan would qualify for an Experience Pack as even the main land is too large. However it would give a stunning full fat Region which would get my vote immediately.

Kind Regards, Michael

+1

In random order:

- The PNG islands north and east of the "mainland".

- Solomon islands

- Vanuatu

- Fiji

- Cook Islands

- Tonga

- Tahiti and her islands

- New Caledonia

Thanks, Wolfgang

Your list reflects what I would like to see as well Wolfgang. Those islands would bring back a lot of memories :)

Thanks for the opportunity to have some input Tim.

Regards,

Roger

a great location for an "adventure" package would be Talkeetna and the Alaska range.  glacier landings supporting climbing expeditions at high altitude.

Aldinga Aerodrome, South Australia, the home of Adelaide biplanes, south of Adelaide, www.adelaidebiplanes.com.au.

I wholeheartedly agree with both of these, they're the two places where I've done the most flying training in real life.

Talkeetna especially would be a fantastic one, especially if it included the Denali base camp, Talkeetna village strip and maybe one of the local seaplane bases.

Thanks Tim for asking :)

I'd second the wishes for the Canary Islands or the Balearic Islands.
The Canary Islands are of volcanic origin and each island is a different microcosmos.
Both island groups are favourite European holiday destinations meaning many potential customers.

There are some nice renditions from other developers wich cover parts of the islands, but AFAIK no-one has ever done a rendition close to what ORBX would with full autogen and full seasonal coverage.
Mallorca in spring for example is quite different to Mallorca in summer.
Just imagin the almond bloom with HD trees... :wub:

The Canary Islands or Balearic Islands would be interesting, Simwings has covered these till now and their latest Mallorca X Evo is great however i don't particularly think the island photo image resolution is great and could be much sharper ideally....I remember Canarysim freeware in FS2004 being really good back in its day.

St Lucia, Jamaica, Antigua (The Caribbean Islands) would be a nice touch.

Croatia! To smal for a full Region, but great for experience package.

Thousands of Islands. Coastal mountains from noth to south( nearly 1800 m high).

Water plane Airports, GA airfields on the Islands and coast. Bigger Airports in the City,s like LDZD (zadar), LDDU ( Dubrovnik) with ist amazing City ( used in "Game of Thrones" ".

Kresimir

Would love to see the island nation of Palau modeled.  The nation is a collection of tropical islands that are close to each other unlike some other island nations.  Palau was the site of several major battles in World War 2.  It's beauty is unrivaled in my opinion and has never been done in FSX(that I know of).  The below picture is of some of Palau's famed rock islands.  Palau has a bunch of these small islands in addition to larger more mountainous main islands.  Many of the islands are uninhabited also, so the whole nation wouldn't have to be photoreal.  It also has a main airport and several smaller airfields/strips, many of which used to be military airfields during World War 2!  It's only a short hop from Palau to the Philippines, Guam, and Papua. You really do have to look it up though on Google Earth though to see how amazing Palau really is.  The number of islands is just unreal.

image_view_image_format_raw_type_orig_id

It looks amazing indeed and an intriguing place to discover. A floatplane region like PFJ !

I would would enjoy flying between the "experience" packages in addition to flying in the "experience" package so my nominations are:

The Fiji Experience

The Soloman Islands Experience

The New Britian Experience

I'm with Jeff; particularly the Solomon Islands and New Britain...

Also Manila Bay, Bataan, and Corregidor Island.

Garland

May be I will alone on thses, but Ontario, Québec and eastern Canada in Orbx region quality. Wow !. Lots of rivers, some mountains, good bush flying, and some spectacular seeing (Cabot trail, Fundy Bay, Labrador north eastern coast, North of Toronto, Malbaie area...

Michel

+1. "La Belle Province" has a lot of absolutely stunning scenery. To add to Michel's list: James Bay, especially the Hydro Quebec installations and dams, the Manicouagan reservoir. Virtual float pilots would go nuts for all the potential landing spots as well.

Leeward Islands south east of TNCM.  I'm in the middle of a LIAT milk run through there in an old HS748.  Very pretty...  And those that want to can still hit the east coast in their A320s and B738s.

Mike

Thanks Tim and Ken for this opportunity.

My ideal location would be the Phang Nga Bay area in Thailand.

Some amazing scenery in this area but the biggest drawback is the lack of airports in the area.There would be plenty of scope for float planes and helicopters.

There is already an excellent VTSP Phuket International on the market so the only RL alternative would be VTSG Krabi.

There again Cushman Meadows is a wonderful fictional airport so why not a few locations around the bay or on some of the islands.

+1 here. I would be all over this.

Some other ideas:

** Also consider Langkawi (Malaysia), or even Bali. There is a respectable freeware airport rendition of Bali but really nothing worth mentioning for Langkawi.

** Vanuatu would be very nice with the Tim & Ken treatment, as would New Caledonia and the Solomons. I am sure you have considered that already.

** FTX Bahamas. Might be too large a project, though.

** Really want an FTX quality Kodiak, with a detailed PAKQ.

** Lastly, what about Nepal? Love the terrain -- with Global and Vector it is nice, but all those regional airports are in dire need of some ORBX love. Maybe with good mesh data you could work in a Frank Dianese element as well.

Whatever the choice, I would most like for it to be a region or area that has not been done to a high quality standard and is not being currently going getting upgraded - for example, why doXYZ when we already have a good one and we are soon to be getting an new and improved one by another established developer?

All fantastic suggestions here.

Personally I like the idea of Palau,

or the Azores getting some nice ORBX treatment as suggested here already.

Then comes almost every place and area adjacent to and/or within the Pacific suitable for any future experience package ...,

however:

Nepal sounds great too ...

and so does the Zhangye Danxia area as suggested in post #29 by hkterry - not sure though if there are enough suitable airports around.

I also really like Gavin Stewarts' suggestion of the Okavango region in #38 ...

... a lot of great suggestions here really, but this is what i'd be most interested in as well.

:)

My feeling, for some time now, has been that US New England (Maine, Connecticut, Vermont, Massachusetts, etc.) would be immensely popular.  It has the same characteristics as PNW (mountains, hills, valleys) and a beautiful coast with fishing villages...the kinds of things Orbx has been so adept at.  There are also some well done airports near the area where people could fly out of (Boston, Toronto, Buffalo, Montreal) to get there.  I do agree that Florida would be nice as well as the Caribbean. 

Can I be completely selfish and just say keep spreading across Europe with full fat regions like British Isles and Norway. That would be so cool.

Love your work ¡

Respect

Graham

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Whatever the choice, I would most like for it to be a region or area that has not been done to a high quality standard and is not being currently going getting upgraded - for example, why doXYZ when we already have a good one and we are soon to be getting an new and improved one by another established developer?

+1. Make sense.

Michel

+1 here. I would be all over this.

Some other ideas:

** Also consider Langkawi (Malaysia), or even Bali. There is a respectable freeware airport rendition of Bali but really nothing worth mentioning for Langkawi.

** Vanuatu would be very nice with the Tim & Ken treatment, as would New Caledonia and the Solomons. I am sure you have considered that already.

** FTX Bahamas. Might be too large a project, though.

** Really want an FTX quality Kodiak, with a detailed PAKQ.

** Lastly, what about Nepal? Love the terrain -- with Global and Vector it is nice, but all those regional airports are in dire need of some ORBX love. Maybe with good mesh data you could work in a Frank Dianese element as well.

+2 on that reply to Phangna Bay with Krabi airport and Province and Phuket too (Thailand) + Ripcord's great additions here.

I'd be all over all of that too! All perfect suggestions and ideas! :smile:

+1 again on that.

Ken and Tim are currently our only Orbx resource (and possibly Frank who'd be an asset to this kind of stuff, like Nepal/India Himalayas) doing this original and fresh 'off the beaten track, exotic stuff' while everything else in the up-to-now 'sand box' areas continues by the other Orbx teams. I'd personally also prefer for them to continue to focus on these unique and completely different 'off the beaten track' exotic locations and flavours around the world, whilst the other teams can continue putting resource into the current regular locations. Pretty reasonable balance of resource for all I would have thought...that way, by the time the other Open LC's come out, there'd already be an 'Experience' set of products waiting for them as an extra nice incentive...just my 2 cents.

All fantastic suggestions here.

Personally I like the idea of Palau,

or the Azores getting some nice ORBX treatment as suggested here already.

Then comes almost every place and area adjacent to and/or within the Pacific suitable for any future experience package ...,

however:

Nepal sounds great too ...

and so does the Zhangye Danxia area as suggested in post #29 by hkterry - not sure though if there are enough suitable airports around.

I also really like Gavin Stewarts' suggestion of the Okavango region in #38 ...

... a lot of great suggestions here really, but this is what i'd be most interested in as well.

:)

+1 on every one of those exciting suggestions too! ::)

+1 again on that.

Ken and Tim are currently our only Orbx resource (and possibly Frank who'd be an asset to this kind of stuff, like Nepal/India Himalayas) doing this original and fresh 'off the beaten track, exotic stuff' while everything else in the up-to-now 'sand box' areas continues by the other Orbx teams. I'd personally also prefer for them to continue to focus on these unique and completely different 'off the beaten track' exotic locations and flavours around the world, whilst the other teams can continue putting resource into the current regular locations. Pretty reasonable balance of resource for all I would have thought...that way, by the time the other Open LC's come out, there'd already be an 'Experience' set of products waiting for them as an extra nice incentive...just my 2 cents.

Golden 2 cents :) .

Thanks Dominique! :) From all the great responses to this thread of Tim's so far (with perhaps the exception of some of the possibly accidental one's that seem to be better related to regions and the areas already being covered), its seems many of us are feeling the same way. It would be a dream for Orbx to continue on the exotic adventures it has started so damn well and continue to 'seed' the world ready for OpenLC.

There you go Tim...another headline for your manuals...'Orbx begins to seed the world!' :lol:  ;)

AYPY Jacksons - "Orbx's first exotic rainforest bush-strip experience".

NSTU Samoa - "Orbx's first exotic island-hopping experience".

Thank you! What's next? So many cracking suggestions that would truly delight, enlighten and amaze already and more to come I'm sure.

Do continue Sirs... :smile:

I'd love to see the alps, from southern bavaria to southern Tyrol, from Altenrhein to the Balaton  ::)

Max

There is a lot of people interested, believe me, by a crossborder Alps fat region as shown by a poll early this year for the next OrbX European project. But that what it should be, IMO, a fat region. The Experience concept is more limited in nature (not in quality or density of goodies, mind you, but in size).

Archived