Future Experience packages - name your dream locations

Tim Harris

Thanks guys, been enjoying reading all the great suggestions while we finish up on Samoa, you have all named the 3rd Experience a number of times hehe,

Going off the huge number of pages of suggestions its clear you all love the idea of 'Experiences' so its important to get behind us and support the Experience packages (Papuan and Samoan) so we can continue making these, please spread the word!

Regions make it INCREDIBLY AMAZING, true, but.. what I would really like to see, is if you pulled all you resources together to speed up the LC packages for the rest pf the world... Instead of bits and pieces here and there, then everyone worldwide would haven an Amazing experience, after which you can go back to making the INCREDIBLY amazing bits.. :)

Having spent 6-7 years working on FTX Region-packs I grew tired of tedious, low paid work with tough hard deadlines, hence why I decided to make start making Experiences with Ken, in our own time, how we like, in the locations we like to fly. 8)

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys, been enjoying reading all the great suggestions while we finish up on Samoa, you have all named the 3rd Experience a number of times hehe,

Going off the huge number of pages of suggestions its clear you all love the idea of 'Experiences' so its important to get behind us and support the Experience packages (Papuan and Samoan) so we can continue making these, please spread the word!

Having spent 6-7 years working on FTX Region-packs I grew tired of tedious, low paid work with tough hard deadlines, hence why I decided to make start making Experiences with Ken, in our own time, how we like, in the locations we like to fly. 8)

So, is this meaning the end of the FTX region pack series ?

Michel

The Channel Islands.......Good for VFR flights from EU England's South coast airfields, as well as small charter ops to and from the UK mainland.

+1, Some great Islands to hop between, Plus FTX England & FTX Global, open lc France within a short flight :)

Has anyone mentioned Diego Garcia?

Yes, I mentioned it somewhere in the Indian Ocean islands part of the conversion back there Ben...This whole thread's a very interesting read and fresh conversion btw...It's surprised me very pleasantly to see how many of us have been thinking along the same lines. ::) Check it out, jump on board and come join in mate... :smile: What are your inspirations from the one's we've been chatting about??? And any other exotic destinations you think would be highly interesting and make surprisingly enjoyable and attractive 'Experience' destinations for the community with good selling potential?

Kind regards,

Sid

Just fantastic news Tim! Wow...A 3rd Experience already selected...How great! ::) Can't wait to find out what it is but kinda hoping we won't get to find out what it is till you've released Samoa, before you surprise us...In the mean time I know our excitement and guesswork will just build. What's wonderful from the little you so cruelly and teasingly reveal here ( ;)  :D ) is that its something many have named already because there's been so many fantastic and viable options already suggested and so it sounds like it'll undoubtedly be a pretty great choice.

Another good thing is, as I'd hoped, is that you guys have settled on a next Experience project already which means we here can now take our time and all happily and unhurriedly, together, continue to think, discuss, suggest, brainstorm properly, objectively, inclusively about potential successful projects, themes, directions, possibilities and options for likely financially viable exotic 'Experience' projects in a systematic manner looking at things from as many and wide angles as possible.

Can I just thank you again for this thread...its been a great read and good fun to have been given the chance to really open up out minds here and have some great conversations. I personally think this is from both the user and the artist's perspective much more advantageous then a pole. The biggest disadvantage and downfall of any poll is that with only one choice permitted per voter, one can't get a true picture of what the 'common denominators' are, what sceneries most people would like, as most people would probably like to chose a few from the selection that they'd happily buy but can, as is inherent in the nature of polling, only chose one limited option. If one looks at how many varied types of Orbx products most of us already have, I think many of us would happily buy more than just what would have to be only a first choice, limited by a poll of picking only one favourite, even if many or all the options given are actually desired. So can I just say a big thanks a lot for letting us all participate in the discourse here with you guys and each other...I think it'll continue to prove very valuable for you guys as well as giving us the pleasure of participating whilst also having a little fun, photo-sharing opportunity, inspiring and fascinating discussions about exotic locations and experiences to be had around the planet. Its already great to see there's a healthy amount of passion for what you and Ken have started and I think most who've commented here would love to keep buying and supporting every single project. I've had and continue to love my Papua Experience since the day it was released. I'll most definitely be snapping up the Samoan Experience the moment I see its released too and I know I'm going to love it even more than the first one and the fact that its a different but just as captivating experience yet again.

To finish, I add my voice and promise to those above that I promise you I'll also be buying every single Experience package you guys release, as soon as you release it...bar none! You keep knocking them out (at your pleasure and your pace) and I'll keep buying them! That's the first and biggest support I can promise you. The other is to try and promote and spread the word as you ask of us wherever I get the opportunity. I'm sure we'd all love to. I've made a little start today by offering some words of encouragement on AirdailyX today where DAndre has showcased the fantastic detail and importance you guys have given to displaying the coral reefs in exotic Island and Atoll packages like this. Perhaps others can put their words up there or on other forums they may frequent too. Will also keep working on what I said before in a different post, slowly and carefully now that there's time to do so properly. Anyway, enough said by me...hope that's okay as a start.

Sorry, I've gone on way too bloody long again. Let's keep going ladies and gents, 9 pages of some cracking ideas in just a few days, keeping in mind we're talking about Experience packages here and not misunderstanding or confusing the discourse with large full-size Regions, which are continuing along as normal by the Region teams...

Samoa Day 1 Promise pour moi... :D

If the 3rd has been chosen, I humbly request a few ambiguous and tantalising clues at an appropriate time, as wild speculation is one of our favourite pastimes here. ^_^

Edit: Maybe drop a few hints on day 1 of the Samoa launch, just to see who's paying attention!

If the 3rd has been chosen, I humbly request a few ambiguous and tantalising clues at an appropriate time, as wild speculation is one of our favourite pastimes here. ^_^

Edit: Maybe drop a few hints on day 1 of the Samoa launch, just to see who's paying attention!

Or turn it into a worldwide Easter egg hunt...here's an idea for a contest! :lol:

I hear ya, and I understand that each person has different goals/needs/desires as to what they like (or dislike) working on, however, I was thinking more in the sense of the company as a whole, not an individual. And just in case (though I think the post was clear) I was talking about the pending LC products, not regions (so I would assume what you said about the deadlines definitely does not apply to those, being they're way behind the original announcements...) and how awesome it would be if they finally did complete the whole world.

Anywho, like I said, one can only dream so meanwhile keep up the great work!

all of the leeward islands and there airports including saint martin grand case airport and your rendition of saba and st barts with the correct terminal ramp textures there are supposed to be three gates clearly marked with big yellow dots on the ramp and a gate with marked cross walk on the end of the ramp where st barts commuter parks there aircraft.

chad hitternberger

hightman

Tim thanks for letting us share are thoughts Hawaii it would be a perfect match with fsdreamteams airport scenery's I can just imagine how amazing Waikiki beach Pearl harbor diamond  head and the others islands. it is just perfect great for GA aircraft and airline pilots.

Hi all,

I have just added our Pacific-Experience email address into my signature, if you have photos that might assist us in creating future Experience packages, please contact me via email.

Cheers!

Thanks for these words Tim.

It has just made me appreciate even more the work the team does at FTX.

Most of us realise there is an enormous amount of effort being put into these wonderful products but I did not realise about the tedium etc that you folks put up with just so that us ordinary mortals can enjoy "flying" around the world.

Now my blood will boil even more when the few complain about the price or some of the content in the FTX products.

Keep up you great work, FTX team, 99.999% of us appreciate it.

The Carribean for me

Stu

I'm with Stu, anywhere in the Caribbean but especially smaller places (in the same style as Samoa). Like Pointe-à-Pitre in Guadeloupe or Saint Martin, in the country of Sint Maarten. It is famous for the Princess Juliana International Airport adjacent to Maho beach. But I'm sure there are plenty of other out of the way places that no one has done but would offer amazing challenges.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I have just added our Pacific-Experience email address into my signature, if you have photos that might assist us in creating future Experience packages, please contact me via email.

Cheers!

Just to follow up on Sri Lanka, I'm gonna get right onto this Tim and send you some pictures today. Being from the island myself with it's beautiful mountains, tea plantations, white sandy beaches, flat plains and abundance of UNESCO World Heritage Sites (Sigiriya rock fortress, Dutch forts etc.), it's so badly represented in FSX it makes me want to cry!

Srilankan Airtaxi runs it's twin otter services to many of the hundreds of water bodies around the country, up in the mountains and down in the valleys. A great way to explore the island and all in all a great "Experience".

For other users, just run a google image search on Sri Lanka and see for yourself! Tell me you wouldn't love flying over some of that? 8)

Maldives for me too. :)

Most definitely gets my vote too...an island and atoll paradise on earth in a very useful location for both tube flyers and GA flyers :)

But then, so do many of the other exotic locations mentioned in this thread a few times get my vote too...Samoa is an incredible experience...I can't put it down. So grateful to Tim and Ken for such an impressive scenery! :)

I'd like to add a voice for Japan!

I'd like to add to your voice ezochi :) Japan would make a wonderful scenery but is way too large for an FTX Experience package. It would, however, make the most wonderful, popular and unique full-fat FTX Region! :)

I would love to see Hawaii. Nice place to stop on my trans Pacific flights between the nearly completely covered FTX west coast of the USA and the FTX Oceania scenery.

Sven   

Seychelles! I already have Seychelles from another developer, but it could have been better in areas like more autogen trees covering the islands etc. Really hope ORBX would consider making the ultimate Seychelles experience in FSX/P3D.

Just wanted to say thank you for all the photo offers in my mailbox, keep them coming

Also, it is photos of airport/s that are of value to a developer, so please limit it to only airport images, and zip-up the images and upload to a hosting site... googledrive, mega.nz, mediafire etc, instead of attaching to emails.

Cheers :)

If you wanted to get really far afield, The Falklands would be amazing.  Stanley and RAF Mt. Pleasant, not to mention a dozen or so bush strips serving the sheep stations and villages.  As a bonus, you could do Wideawake on Ascension, and if you REALLY wanted to knock it out of the park, the new airport that's building on St. Helena.  Call it the Southern Atlantic Experience.

Archived