Future Experience packages - name your dream locations

Tim Harris

Maldives would be really great! But then Tim, you have to do all the special schemes of Trans Maldivian Airways for the Twotter ;D

Oh yes, can't get the best of the Maldives without one of those, agreed :smile:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Excellent suggestion !

I like it too -- not sure why.

I had read that one of the major devs was developing the main national airport there in Colombo, cannot remember which one but I have all his airports and they are damn good.

Thanks guys, been enjoying reading all the great suggestions while we finish up on Samoa, you have all named the 3rd Experience a number of times hehe,

So it is decided already.

And we've already named it.

Hmmmmm

I like it too -- not sure why.I had read that one of the major devs was developing the main national airport there in Colombo, cannot remember which one but I have all his airports and they are damn good.

Do you mean Thai Creations Ripcord? I have them all too and they are really good yes. Would be cool if some of his FS2004 airport sceneries could be redone for FSX/P3D quality too...those in Angkor or Laos, for example. That said, Angkor and the famous and massive ancient Khmer Angor Wat Temple complex and surrounding Temple area and ancient canal systems would actually make an absolutely amazing Ken&Tim exotic scenery!!! I find the history of the area and that ancient Khmer civilisation and its huge Empire very interesting indeed. It is the largest Temple Complex on earth...And by large, I mean 'small country' large...which would then perfectly fall into the realms of 'FTX Experience package' large and fascinating.

Back to your point, if that was the dev you meant, yes I he had announced and, if I remember correctly, even shown images of Colombo's Bandarnaike International Airport but it's been a couple of years now and I've still not seen anything further on an FSX/P3D scenery...I do hope he finishes and releases it and an FTX Emerald Island scenery Experience for it to fit into would be just superb!

Here's hoping...

• 2 years later...

Hi guys,

Personally, I'd love to see some more PNG scenery, particularly anything which I will build on what you've already made.  For example, a Rabaul airport with its nearby volcano and proximity to New Ireland would be a great pairing with the existing Jacksons for larger aircraft, or perhaps Bouganville with the truly spectacular Buka Passage and surrounds.  These larger airports could be "fillled in" with some smaller bush strips such as Lele in East New Britain, or Bili which has a spectacular take off, though I'm not sure if it's still open.

What about Hoskins in West New Britain for a real life Moresby, Rabaul, Hoskins, Moresby flight?  The terrain at Hoskins makes for a challenging flight in bad weather.  What about a Kavieng for a real life short hop from Rabaul overnight and then return to Moresby?  All of these places have some incredible scenery around them.

Just my 2c...

pngflyer

On 5/24/2015 at 2:39 PM, hwh86 said:

May I suggest four more, all in Australia.

1. Adelaide International
  2. Parafield Airport
  3. Aldinga Aerodrome, South Australia, the home of Adelaide biplanes, south of Adelaide, www.adelaidebiplanes.com.au.
  4. Temora, NSW, home of the Temora warbird museum, www.warbirdsdownunderairshow.com.au.

They are all worthy of your brilliant talent.

I've been saying that for a while now!
But instead of saying it again :) I will endorse NWT / Yellowknife (and some nearby airfields), Japan and Caribbean.
For a start, then the rest of the planet.

Tim: Thanks for the opportunity to dream. My votes are:

BIG PROJECTS

1, The WWII Pacific Island chains:  Solomons, Marshalls, Gilberts, Marianas, Carolinas. Maybe one group at a time. For us history buffs.

2. Islands of the Mediterranean:  Crete, Sicily, Corsica, Sardenia, Ibiza, Majorca, Minorca, Malta. Any or all.

3. Aegean Islands:  too many to name. Take your favorite tourist pick.

4. Channel Islands.

PNG-STYLE SMALLER PROJECTS

1. ASIA:  Can't imagine better than HKTerry's suggestion above--the Zhangye Danxia district in China. Contained and spectacular.

2. AFRICA:  A section of the Great Rift.

3. SOUTH AMERICA:  A region in the Amazon Basin.

4. NORTH AMERICA:  The Yukon Trail.

5. NORTHERN EUROPE:  Moscow and surroundings.

6. CENTRAL EUROPE:  A Rhine Castle tour.

7. SOUTHERN EUROPE:  The Goreme Valley in Turkey. Small area, spectacular.

8. CENTRAL, SOUTH, AND EAST ASIA have so many wonderful choices that I wouldn't begin--except as above. Educate us like you did with PNG.

GEOLOGICAL FEATURES PROJECTS

1. A mountain.

2. A valley.

3. A lake.

4. A waterfall.

5. A desert.

6. A forest.

7. A volcano. 

Above all, choose what would be fun for you and Ken to do. Where in the world makes your interest antennae quiver?

Best of luck. We all wish you well on this.

22 hours ago, chumley said:

Is there anything left to model? :(

Plenty, certainly now that a lot of the old stuff is not P3D v4 compatible and needs to be redone.

I have to confess I didn't read everything posted so far, so forgive me if I make suggestions already made before. But this would be my suggestion:

BeNeLux Region (Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg). From the Frisian lakes in the north and the Delta works in Zeeland to the Ardennes in the south. The name Venema is originally a Dutch name, so back to the land of your ancestors John. :P

Archived