Bruce Saunders (BruceE) has passed on

Bruce Saunders (BruceE) who many of you have had contact with via the forums has sadly passed away. He caught the COVID-19 virus and was admitted to hospital on the 24th of April and after fighting against the virus had to be placed on a ventilator. He eventually succumbed to the damage to his lungs and kidneys on Sunday the 3rd of May.

Bruce was active in a number of areas and forums as part of his flight simulation life

• Bruce was a keen advocate of the use of the A2A GA aircraft and these were always on his short list for our OZx flights. In particular he enjoyed the Comanche and the Spitfire.
  • He was very active in the OZx forums early on while the website was up and running
  • More recently he had been involved in the Orbx Addon Scenery forums working to make the OZx airfields work in with the new Orbx Australia version 2.
  • He also spent a lot of time flying with Digital Theme Park, and Pilot Edge where he achieved all their qualifications.
  • Lately a lot of his is attention has been with the Planning of Friday and Tuesday night flights for the OZx flying Club. These flights were undertaken using JoinFS and Digital Theme Park's Team Speak Servers.

Bruce's contribution will be sorely missed with his enthusiasm and planning being driving forces in the success of the OZx Flying Club. He recently purchased new computer equipment, and very recently updated to P3Dv5; it was good that he was able to use both of these in pursuit of his favorite pastime before he left us.

If any of you feel like making any comments or relating stories or memories, I will collate them and forward them to his wife.

I flew a few South Africa missions with his GA group. If I remember correctly (???) he created scenarios like an automobile accident on the High way east of Cape Town where we had to land on the highway. Big loss to the community. Condolences to his family and friends...and I agree with Ripcord, the rest of you, please take care!

I missed this post and thank you Scaber for the HU in the main forum.

I am very sad to get this news as I had the privilege to work with him in the OZx scenery days and the pleasure to partake in some of his excellently organized Flying Club sessions.

Bruce was an extremely talented and well organized man who would help anyone with anything within his capabilities.  If he couldn't help he would find out who could.  He was a dab hand at scenery creation and a very particular Beta tester for others.

I will miss his presence in the sim community very deeply and I offer my deepest condolences to his family.

Vale Bruce

So many beautiful and kind words already!...

To me, Bruce felt like the vital nuts and bolts holding the entire OZx package together in this quickly changing environment of Flight Simulation. Being an Aussie, I have always had a soft spot for OZx and believe it deserves the continued support that Bruce, alongside others was giving it as the times and technology changed. 

Helpful, committed and an important part of OZx and the Flight Sim community is how I would describe him from my few interactions with him around OZx scenery matters.

I was utterly shocked and saddened when I first heard the news of his passing last week.

It goes without saying that my deepest thoughts and condolences go to his family, friends and members of the Flight Sim community who he has left an impact on.

Bruce will be greatly missed!

Very sad and shocking news. Bruce, along with several others here, made your continent a marvellous place to explore and enjoy.

My heart-felt condolences to his family and friends.

What sad and shocking news!
I never flew with Bruce's group because the time difference is too big. I communicated this to Bruce, but he added me to his email distribution list, regardless. However, I often had contact with him when there were problems regarding OZx Australia and working on solutions.

My deepest sympathy goes to his family. 
May Bruce rest in peace.

Thanks to all who made these sincere and heartfelt comments. I have collated these comment together with ones from other forums and have passed them on the his family. I am sure that they will greatly appreciate hearing the high regard that his fellow simmer have for him and his contribution.

Greg

I have only just seen this shocking news and very saddened to hear of the passing of Bruce.

What a great contributor to our pastime and he will be sadly missed.

You wont be forgotten Bruce and you didn't deserve this.:(

• 2 weeks later...

Archived