The new Central

Jack Sawyer

I can't believe how cool this is.  You guys really hit a home run with this update. 

The Discover map feature is incredible.

The way we update files now is so much better.

Well done Orbx, I wish the rest of the industry would have an interface like this.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I wish the rest of the industry would have an interface like this.

That almost seems to be what they're heading for.  Seems like more and more developers are starting to sell through orbx central.

16 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

no, you have to opt in to the Fastlane.

Nick, I was able to update to the new version and I have never opted into Fastlane. I just opened up Orbx Central and is installed the new update automatically. Which, by the way, is fantastic as others have said. Love the new Discover feature. Great stuff here!

13 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

you may not think so, however, you are indeed opted into the Fastlane at Orbx Direct.

It's why you can see the new version.

patful is not and that is why it is not yet visible there.

There is no grey area.

Gotcha Nick, I do not remember applying for Fastlane, but no worries either way. I just did not know one way or the other. Your reply all makes sense. 

Cheers!

Hi,

I am not a participant of Fastlane but the features with the latest version look great!

One of the items I provided feedback for regarding better differentiation of what is  or is not installed has an even better implementation than I proposed.So thanks for listening!

Looking forward to v4.1 when it releases mainstream.

Cheers

Mark

5 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Gotcha Nick, I do not remember applying for Fastlane, but no worries either way. I just did not know one way or the other. Your reply all makes sense. 

You may have opted-in to Fastlane back in 2017 when we had beta builds of FTXC and ObjectFlow for Prepar3D v4

Hi all,

I have been putting off this upgrade for fear of problems that might occur but it went well,no dramas at all,very impressive,now to check out some of the remote airstrips etc,fun,fun,many thanks ORBX,great work again!,Doc

Agreed!

It's great.

HOWEVER:

1. I own Australia v2 and some PNG stuff and it does not show on Discover map at all. See below.

2. I would love to be able to add items to whishlist directly from Discover map (which, again, is soooo coooool!).

3. I love the Whislist feature but I see no place where I can see the whishlist itself

Still - I love the new Central!

&

image.thumb.png.e551b9e8b70cf6953f286c19ff2dcc7f.png

1 hour ago, Sholay said:

Agreed!

It's great.

HOWEVER:

1. I own Australia v2 and some PNG stuff and it does not show on Discover map at all. See below.

2. I would love to be able to add items to whishlist directly from Discover map (which, again, is soooo coooool!).

3. I love the Whislist feature but I see no place where I can see the whishlist itself

Still - I love the new Central!

&

image.thumb.png.e551b9e8b70cf6953f286c19ff2dcc7f.png

Try using a left mouse click (hold) and drag the map either left or right.  I just looked at mine and didn't see Samoa but did see all my AUS v2 and airports ok.  Dragging the screen to the left (for me) showed the map again but now I see Samoa.  Try and see.  :-)

Thanks to all for your feedback! :D

2 hours ago, Sholay said:

1 hour ago, Aussie123 said:

I think the map only covers one revolution of the earth.

That is correct, it does only cover one of the 'worlds'. We'll look into ways we can improve this ;) 

Archived