Aloha! Introducing Cityscape Honolulu for Prepar3Dv4

3 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Unfortunately, unlike for the conterminous US States, there's no high-resolution imagery available for the Hawaiian archipelago that can be used in commercial products. At >USD25 per sq km for commercial licenses even a relatively small island like Oahu would cost too much to fully cover.

out of pure interest, Holger, would there be any available Oahu photo-real hi-res imagery available without embedded clouds on the landscape?...

i made, a few months ago, some Hawaii Ortho4XP tiles & all the Bing & Google data i could find had this problem...

just checked with latest FlyInside sim & exactly the same problem (with active Bing streamed scenery data)...

just curious to know...

your new Orbx Oahu package looks very good & with a heap of detailed modelling work included...

cheers!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an incredible good looking addition, a very fine area for leisure-VFR flights around over Oahu. Congrats to the developpers for this magnificent made scenery.

Looking forward to the release and will be for shure part of my Orbx-addon's.

It certainly looks better than what we have now :) !

I think of two questions :

- will the military airfields have the full treatment ? In the past, Orbx  was pretty much shying away of doing much for them.

- as orthos are so expensive, why not make a LC region in Hawaii  as you used to   ? 

Hi Folks,

On 8/29/2019 at 2:44 PM, John Venema said:

Performance is not an issue, I can run this at 4K with all major sliders maxed at 4xMSAA, including high shadow and reflection settings. Getting around 30fps without any problems at all.

LOL - someone caught a snapshot of John's meager "PC"...

:)

Best-Ethereum-Mining-Pool-5-best-ethereu

Regards,
Scott

54 minutes ago, pica said:

can't see it in the store yet,

any know release date?

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

There is no set release date.  When released the announcement will be made in the release announcements thread.  You may want to set to follow that thread so you get notification when it occurs.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/217-orbxdirect-release-announcements/

Regards,

6 hours ago, pica said:

can't see it in the store yet,

any know release date?

I think we should make some statistics of how much is the average time from when a project is announced until its released in this forum to make an average guess :P 

On 8/29/2019 at 2:57 PM, Flygsidan said:

Yes would prefer photoreal for all of the Island too, no more landclass scenery for me espeially in a beautiful location like this.  Looks very nice though and I just hope the free Hawaii-Photoreal can be added for a full Oahu Island photoreal experience.

Nice to hear the FSDT Honolulu and Bills Dillingham will be compatible, I am the proud owner of both :) 

And I am 100% on LANDCLASS side :D

No hard feelings ;)

&

On 9/8/2019 at 1:33 AM, Pilot said:

I think we should make some statistics of how much is the average time from when a project is announced until its released in this forum to make an average guess :P 

You do know that every guess adds one day to the release date don't you?

6 hours ago, Bigt said:

Can this be bought online and installed using FTX Central V3? Or does it have to be installed with ORBX Central?

As it says at the product page at Orbxdirect.com, it requires Orbx Central.

If you're not getting products because you're welded on to FTX Central, there's no reason to hold off.  Once you have downloaded Orbx Central your entire existing structure can remain in place, untouched for evermore.  You don't need to migrate any sceneries.  However because P3DV4 has changed its spots, new sceneries require the P3DV4 compatible installs.

And I have not found any conflicts between the newer xml sceneries in the P3D library, my old FTX Central scenery.cfg remains in place, and the newer ones look after themselves without affecting the older library.

1 hour ago, John Dow said:

As it says at the product page at Orbxdirect.com, it requires Orbx Central.

If you're not getting products because you're welded on to FTX Central, there's no reason to hold off.  Once you have downloaded Orbx Central your entire existing structure can remain in place, untouched for evermore.  You don't need to migrate any sceneries.  However because P3DV4 has changed its spots, new sceneries require the P3DV4 compatible installs.

And I have not found any conflicts between the newer xml sceneries in the P3D library, my old FTX Central scenery.cfg remains in place, and the newer ones look after themselves without affecting the older library.

Thank you for the reply.

I think the question wether this can be combined with Fligh Sim Jewels Oahu scenery is still open - the question is not so much geared towards the George Keogh airports but to the excellent photoscenery of Flight Sim Jewels. I don't want to change that beautiful phtoscenery for ground that is in part landclass based (with visible cuts between landclasses), but I could sure need a better city of Oahu. Can that be combined and if so how? (i.e. how do I prevent the landclasses from takeing precedence over my photoscenery). Autogen only for example? Or Photoscenery where Orbx has it, but not touching those parts where it has only landclass, so the lower level photoscenery of Flight Sim Jewels can shine through?

On 9/16/2019 at 1:51 AM, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi Harald,

the FSJ package can be combined with CS Honolulu; see https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/179917-cityscape-honolulu-compatibility-index/

Cheers, Holger

Thanks for the link to the compatibility thread! I am still unsure though as to the following: will I be able to keep the photoscenery for Oahu instead of the landclass based groundscenery, if I have FSJ at a  lower level than Orbx CS (as recommended in that thread)? I would have expected the landclass based scenery to cover the photoscenery then. Would there maybe also be a way to JUST use the Oahu citiscape and leave that rest of the island untouched?

Hi Harald,

actually, photoreal coverage always overwrites landclass ground textures, regardless of display priority. Thus, my instructions in the compatibility thread are what you're proposing, meaning CS Honolulu with the FSJ photoreal coverage for the rest of Oahu.

That being said you may want to check out both options before making a final decision. The advantage of our landclass coverage of Oahu is that it has much denser vegetation autogen and more authentic tree types as well as building facades and roof types.

Cheers, Holger

Hi. I wonder whether anyone has any guidance on how to correct the elevation of the runway at PHDH Dillingham. I have followed the directions provided in the forum, including the flatten file provided, and I ran the elevation correction process in Vector, but still no luck. I have the FSJ package installed and have removed/reordered the appropriate files. Maybe Dillingham should appear below CS Honolulu in the scenery library?  Thanks 

3 hours ago, fmorgenstern said:

Hi. I wonder whether anyone has any guidance on how to correct the elevation of the runway at PHDH Dillingham. I have followed the directions provided in the forum, including the flatten file provided, and I ran the elevation correction process in Vector, but still no luck. I have the FSJ package installed and have removed/reordered the appropriate files. Maybe Dillingham should appear below CS Honolulu in the scenery library?  Thanks 

There's a small extra flatten file that I found that Dillingham installs in the World/Scenery directory, Make sure that's there. I think the name of the extra file is 0_phdh_af2_header.BGL

Lee

• 1 month later...

Archived