Aloha! Introducing Cityscape Honolulu for Prepar3Dv4

20-2e56c766d5d38349b36ba98db836c79b.jpg

Welcome to paradise! We are enormously excited to announce Cityscape Honolulu, a comprehensive city and mini-region for Prepar3Dv4. Developed by Frank Schnibben and Holger Sandmann (who you will most recently know from the incredibly popular Australia V2), Honolulu uses ground-breaking techniques to blend photoreal and landclass components to give one of the most detailed scenery packages ever brought to P3D. 

Covering the entire Hawaiian island of Oahu, Cityscape Honolulu brings to life this stunning tropical location with impeccable quality. From the postcard locations of Diamond Head and Waikiki, to history-laden Pearl Harbor and Ford Island; from bustling Downtown to suburban Pearl City, the entire Honolulu metro area is modeled in unparalleled custom detail. Beyond the city, explore the rugged Ko'olau Range, the laid-back towns of the North Shore, picture-perfect Kaneohe Bay and the beautiful beaches at Kailua and Waimanalo. Of course whilst there is plenty to explore within the scenery, Honolulu is located a short (island) hop from the rest of the Hawaiian chain; and for those of you who prefer your flying more medium-haul, be sure to test your transoceanic navigation skills to American Samoa and the US West Coast

Far more than a regular Cityscape, Honolulu includes a host of details and features. 20,000 unique custom buildings, hand-placed vegetation, 60+ high-detail POI (with complete PBR), road traffic, bridges, night lighting hand-coloured photoreal are just the start. The 3D buildings are created in a totally different method to our CityScene line; Frank's method combines correct footprint, height data and unique textures with highly-optimized modelling to ensure the best balance between performance, detail and immersion. Beyond the metro area, an entire mini-region has been created, with high-detail mesh, custom landclass types, totally overhauled road/rail, coastline, waterbody, waterclass, vertical obstructions, powerlines and more. All eight airfields on the island (five active, three decommissioned) have been greatly improved over the default, and create the perfect bases for you to explore the stunning terrain. 

FEATURE LIST

• A complete Cityscape and Mini-Region covering Honolulu and the entire island of Oahu
  • Ultra-HD photorealistic depiction of Honolulu, Waikiki, Pearl Harbor and Pearl City
  • All eight Oahu airports have been upgraded from default to "region standard" - much like you see in AUv2, GES/GEN, etc. 
  • Mixture of photoreal and custom landclass textures for best balance between realism, performance and download/disk usage.
  • High-quality mesh, based on high-resolution LIDAR, including underwater bathymetry
  • Complete replacement of all geodata for Oahu for a much more detailed and accurate landscape; shorelines, lakes, road/rail, traffic etc. 
  • 23,000 unique custom buildings with exact footprint and height data, combined with 90,000 custom-placed agn buildings
  • Over 60 high-detail POIs, most with complete PBR texturing
  • Detailed depiction of Pearl Harbor with all museums and relevant historical sites
  • Visit the USS Missouri, USS Bowfin and USS Arizona Memorial
  • Numerous helipad locations, including on custom US Navy ships in harbor.
  • Exceptionally detailed hand-placed vegetation using local flora types
  • All vertical obstructions on the island; wind turbines, antennae, power grid towers, chimneys etc
  • Stunning night lighting, including dynamic and 3D lighting for best visuals and performance
  • Exhaustively optimized for best performance using unique modelling and texturing techniques. 
  • >1500 sq km of stunning tropical terrain
  • Created by powerhouse developers Frank Schnibben and Holger Sandmann, with additional help from Chris Clack and Gaya Simulations

COVERAGE MAPS

qq7wfd6.jpg

COMPATIBILITY

Cityscape Honolulu is a stand-alone product for Prepar3Dv4; you do not require any other Orbx product aside from our free Orbx Libraries

We can confirm that the package will be compatible with FSDT Honolulu Intl Airport and Bill Womack's Dillingham X. Specific instructions on how to ensure compatibility with these airports will be given closer to release.  

More information on pricing and distribution will be available closer to release, alongside a plethora of new screenshots. The team are extremely excited about this product, and whilst we work on putting the final touches to the scenery, we trust that you will enjoy this small taste of what is to come!

Enjoy!

20-9ff0b328061085d877f41551dfb81b63.jpg

20-d8c122b0cedc328ce8f96c1a11525c32.jpg

20-c4d99ca29d469c46b41e712c56ed4578.jpg

20-98490eadbe0af2ad74f75dc627080d01.jpg

20-799a21e592ee9be0482262d47b84c946.jpg

20-568bb90d2fe74f620227f1bcecd22ff7.jpg

20-44f4b2f2f764829b6d657e08b55db5f8.jpg

20-e7ae2c47c2c9bc1b9d2c88fc05fa41ab.jpg

20-0ee214e4f62f34cf432d78673ba4bb72.jpg

20-a09aad3336e53a706c2493cfef69fa62.jpg

20-d5520d1a09c308472ad271a20a098290.jpg

20-4f7f2e8818ed35191770647e0d558911.jpg

20-7f53bcf1bed5a844b1ef5d8be0f9adfe.jpg

20-735ef11f4cc35c2e06b8e08d4b80fb5d.jpg

20-56fd272f4db45d069253173dc4c08621.jpg

20-48fcc7e85e516c121c94b7f0d6ccb968.jpg

20-10a86e258e852c62d364d1f207fe1dd5.jpg

20-0a1a5f8548fa60b84d2268ec660a4d03.jpg

20-03a6acd24cea6582051041b5eedc00a3.jpg

20-ea767e8e89f51bcaf0747e86f6e3a721.jpg

20-fabe55fd0b2c611008ccd2d96f932d4e.jpg

20-900e956622b22268d736e07642578cca.jpg

20-480209c10519dce55b81014a1e9de67e.jpg

20-3ed297c813882846cd1212a424532189.jpg

20-3983dd9b8c523c6038453c5d3b41c30e.jpg

20-b1719a2e24a16b7faa246b187255673d.jpg

20-518b715619b7b929831ea57afe072285.jpg

20-0d470b195a422e29dee8030e7c62d024.jpg

20-422b451eeab16aec554be3c377036ab3.jpg

20-cd15559822d4560563f03105e4425585.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incredible work 100%, not an area of the world i personally fly to or would probably start flying to but hats off for such a well done and lovely looking region, great shots too.

Be nice if some of the Caribbean islands like Jamaica, Barbados, Antigua, St Lucia could get this kinda treatment?

Yes would prefer photoreal for all of the Island too, no more landclass scenery for me espeially in a beautiful location like this.  Looks very nice though and I just hope the free Hawaii-Photoreal can be added for a full Oahu Island photoreal experience.

Nice to hear the FSDT Honolulu and Bills Dillingham will be compatible, I am the proud owner of both :) 

Oh my God holy mother of everything that's holy! Yet another day one buy for me. Really trying not to spend much on current generation of flight sims due to MSFS 2020 but ORBX products are way too tempting. And the U-boot lookalike U.S.S. Bowfin submarine totally sealed the deal for me. May maestro Signore JV live for another 200 years! :D

Oh my gosh, I wonder why I'm not getting these email notifications as I subscribe to this sub-forum.  I just saw this on FSElite and came right back here to see this.

I have to say I've been waiting for this since the earliest days of FSX 32 bit.  Hawaii was my most used area.  This will be an absolutely instant buy!

Well done Jarrad, I'm sure it will be of the highest quality, I wish this was released like right now!

1 minute ago, Dust2Dust said:

how/where to buy Bill Womack's Dillingham X for p3d 4.5? Searched in google but can't find anything.

I believe it is not available anymore and it is only for FSX. So you have to shoehorn it in. I tried but was getting lots of issues so deleted it.

26 minutes ago, Todd Harrell said:

O.  M.  G.   Jarrad, you are the man! I need to dust off the yoke. Bravo, my friend.

6 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Well done Jarrad, I'm sure it will be of the highest quality, I wish this was released like right now!

Thanks guys, but all credit needs to be directed to @Holger Sandmann and @Frank Schnibben - they are the developers of this project. I've had no part in the development of this; I just took a couple of screenshots :) 

Cheers

2 minutes ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

Thanks guys, but all credit needs to be directed to @Holger Sandmann and @Frank Schnibben - they are the developers of this project. I've had no part in the development of this; I just took a couple of screenshots :) 

Cheers

Then a huge note of thanks to Holger and Frank, you guys make it look easy and provide some wonderful scenery, I'm ecstatic about this because I never thought I'd see it.

Aloha Frank and Holger! Stunning looking screenshots! This has been a long requested scenery for many simmers, and I am excited to see it coming to fruition! It will be great to explore this scenery, especially since I just recently was stationed there for three years. :) 

Hi Folks,

Man - that looks good... Oh - don't forget - many of the concrete buildings on Ford Island still had bullet holes in them back in the 80's/90's... Pretty cool being able to reach out and touch history like that...

And you guys definitely get the nod from this Submariner - nice model... 

Regards,
Scott 

Fantastic achievement. It doesn't get anymore beautiful than this. Fabulous on all accounts. Congratulations, I hope it will be a huge success and will tempt you to do a similar job with the green jewel of Kauai and the iother islands of scenic Hawaii. A first-minute buy for sure. 

Cityscape - as in Canberra, Nice/Cote d'Azur style tech and not CityScene Gold Coast, Barcelona, Orlando and Belgrade-type tech?
That's a lot of work if it's the former.

My only concern over this fantastic looking scenery is performance.
I still really want to have the ability to control autogen buildings / 3DM buildings using a control panel Level 0,1,2,3 selection which allows the user to choose the percentage amount that is displayed (made available for all CityScene and TE products).

Nonetheless, it's extremely likely that I will be picking this one up.

3 hours ago, John Venema said:

Performance is not an issue, I can run this at 4K with all major sliders maxed at 4xMSAA, including high shadow and reflection settings. Getting around 30fps without any problems at all.

Well, your system is not exactly average. ;)

Just now, olderndirt said:

Very pretty but you've spoiled us with True Earth and there's no turning back.

I like it OND, like a lot.  If I had the entire world in XP with TE I reckon I'd need a petabyte or two, or three.  Since I like both sims this is a huge bonus for me, I can see myself spending a great deal of time here and making trans-Pacific flight to and from here.

I spend a lot of time flying around this island, so this new release is most welcome.

I can confirm that Dillingham X works fine on an ORBX base in P3Dv4.5, once you have resolved the airfield elevation issues using the Global Vector config tool.

You can see this in my recent Soaring video:-

My wallet is open ... one question ... Flight Sim Jewels has done a bang up job on freeware scenery for all of the Hawaiian island chain ...do you know if this will work in conjunction with your Masterpiece?  Their freeware is payware quality(actually I am a donor)and I want to run both ... integrate Orbx Oahu with their entire Hawaiian scenery ... can you advise ... or test?  Thanks for this City/Island scape.  

Greg

Hi all,

My wallet is open ... one question ... Flight Sim Jewels has done a bang up job on freeware scenery for all of the Hawaiian island chain ...do you know if this will work in conjunction with your Masterpiece?  Their freeware is payware quality(actually I am a donor)and I want to run both ... integrate Orbx Oahu with their entire Hawaiian scenery ... can you advise ... or test?  Thanks for this City/Island scape.

Greg, there are three airports on Oahu in George's coverage: PHJR John Rodgers Field, NPS Ford Island, PHNG Kaneohe Bay. Ford Island seems to have more detail in our rendition (it's decommissioned anyway). For PHJR and PHNG it's should just be a matter of deactivating our respective airport files but we'll have a closer look for any compatibility issues..

Why not use full ortho coverage as it’s only 1500 sq miles?

It's actually ~1,500 sq km (~630 sq mi). Unfortunately, unlike for the conterminous US States, there's no high-resolution imagery available for the Hawaiian archipelago that can be used in commercial products. At >USD25 per sq km for commercial licenses even a relatively small island like Oahu would cost too much to fully cover.

Cheers, Holger 

Hi Holger, please keep up the good work. You will soon see just how popular this type

of scenery is when it is released and the severs go ballistic. 

The old methods of scenery production combined with some newer methods has

made things come along in leaps and bounds. Just amazing stuff.

And the bonus will be that you won't need to add yet another drive to handle it.

Kevin

Archived