Introducing EGLC London City Airport for Prepar3D v4!

20-03062c3300cbe81a048968542d5dc534.jpg

It's all about the location. We are delighted to announce that London City Airport is coming to life for Prepar3Dv4! Located a stone's throw away from Canary Wharf and the financial heart of the city, London City Airport is one of the last remaining true inner-city airfields. With one of the the most exciting approaches in Great Britain, flying into EGLC takes you over the iconic centre of downtown London.  Servicing destinations across the UK, Europe, and until recently (and rather famously), New York via Shannon, the airfield hosts a bevy of airline and corporate types up to A318 in size. The short and narrow runway, coupled with the dramatic 5.5° approach and congested airspace, demands the complete attention of all pilots. So much so that all aircrew must be specially certified to fly in and out of the airport. From early proof-of-concept flights of Dash-7s landing on Heron Quays in the early 80s, the airport seen tremendous growth in recent years, with over 4 millions annual passengers passing through the terminal. 

The Turbulent team have brought something a little special for this project; London City is the first complete PBR airport for P3Dv4. Combining the latest P3D PBR technology, alongside other advanced features such as material scripting, EGLC brings this famous location to life in amazing detail. Perfect for a city infamous for it's weather, London City Airport features dynamic ground textures that react to rain and other adverse conditions. Designed to blend seamlessly with TrueEarth Great Britain South, the airport's coverage includes many important short-finals landmarks such as the Tate & Lyle Sugar Factory and ExCeL Exhibition centre. Of course, we have ensured that the product also works (though not seasonally blended) with Global Base or Orbx EU England (LC Region) if this better suits your simming experience. 

Be sure to keep an eye out for more screenshots and information of this exciting destination over the coming days! 

COVERAGE

FISbC1Q.jpg

AT A GLANCE

• The first complete PBR airport for Prepar3Dv4!
  • Immaculate HD textures throughout
  • Dynamic PBR groundpoly that reacts to weather and time of day
  • Incredibly detailed GSE and static aircraft
  • Coverage area includes major landmarks on short finals
  • 60cm PR colour-matched to TrueEarth Great Britain South
  • Beautiful dynamic lighting
  • Designed to blend best with TrueEarth Great Britain South, also works with Orbx Global Base or FTX England
  • Developed by the Turbulent Design team

20-94339467407ae74a1cfcab80d5477b8c.jpg

20-bfa05952463486ebcf37b7807944ab8e.jpg

20-b5f913b2aa2d1fc27b6713dc807ffdd7.jpg

20-e5a9c71be7a486b0c107a1edb375c232.jpg

20-395711f64a9b6d0071725921d2ea1a21.jpg

20-5884a8fedbdd3cebe68c5a68236ac87a.jpg

20-b738beeff72bc2fa9d1fe77373d3cc21.jpg

20-ab23faf96459b45599af6749795fd780.jpg

20-b8975d468172d65969b5727a58feed1d.jpg

20-acd83944189eba46b91095e38bfd1167.jpg

20-8eb7a4ee592f9709c963232faef2f856.jpg

20-f569c6293fd4c852edb3021b626fa70e.jpg

20-ed81ab2238d980b06eb7f9f91f074d8c.jpg

1. The product also works with Global Base or Orbx EU England (LC Region) though not seasonally blended? So in order to have proper seasonal blending, the customer will need to buy TrueEarth Great Britain South for P3d v4?

2. "Designed to blend best with TrueEarth Great Britain South, also works with Orbx Global Base or FTX England". So it works with Orbx Global Base or FTX England but doesn't blend well with them, requiring customers to buy TrueEarth Great Britain South for P3d v4?

Something tells me I should probably avoid this one unless and until someone can prove me wrong on the points mentioned above.

4 hours ago, Dust2Dust said:

1. The product also works with Global Base or Orbx EU England (LC Region) though not seasonally blended? So in order to have proper seasonal blending, the customer will need to buy TrueEarth Great Britain South for P3d v4?

2. "Designed to blend best with TrueEarth Great Britain South, also works with Orbx Global Base or FTX England". So it works with Orbx Global Base or FTX England but doesn't blend well with them, requiring customers to buy TrueEarth Great Britain South for P3d v4?

Something tells me I should probably avoid this one unless and until someone can prove me wrong on the points mentioned above.

I'm guessing,  if you have TE GB South, then great, it'll work nicely with it. If you don't, but have Global and FTX England, then that's OK too, but won't look as nice. 

1 hour ago, clive6354 said:

Hi 

When is EGLC ( London City) available,  I have been searching for it on ORBX site but cannot see it

Clive Alexander

That's why this is the Preview Screenshots forum :) It is not yet released.

Okay so someone else in a different forum knocked some sense into me. My previous post in this thread ( https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/178691-introducing-eglc-london-city-airport-for-prepar3d-v4/?do=findComment&comment=1556609 ) is very probably foolish and uninformed and I would really appreciate it if the developers chime in a bit. I totally forgot that TE GB South doesn't contain seasonal textures. This means customers of this airport wouldn't have full seasons regardless of whether they have bought/installed TE GB South or not. 

So what I understand now is:

1. Say for example you have TE GB South and this airport for P3D and it's summer time. In that case things will look 'Summer'. 

2. Say for example you have TE GB South and this airport for P3D and it's winter/autumn etc time. In that case things will still look 'Summer'. 

3. Say for example you have ORBX Global Base, OpenLC EU, FTX EU England etc and don't have TE GB South and it's winter/autumn time. In that case the coverage area for this airport will still look like 'Summer' time but outside the coverage area it will all look like winter/autumn time

I think I can live with that, and therefore I'm adding this airport to my wish/buy list. However, I'd like to make a request to the developers to confirm the accuracy of the three points mentioned above, and to show us some screenshots of how the airport looks like with only ORBX Global Base, OpenLC EU and FTX EU England installed in Summer and Winter time.

Thank you devs.

Another question: The xplane 11 version of this airport had the following feature, and I quote: "Dynamic Fire & Rescue response -  fire service will respond when an aircraft emergency is declared on approach. Fire trucks will deploy to your aircraft position once on the ground" https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/176628-london-calling-eglc-london-city-released-for-x-plane/

Will this version (the one for p3d) have that feature too?

If EGLC is one season only, ie Summer, this may be acceptable. The location, can be described as temperate urban, does not change much over the year. No snow, but that is only occasional. I have  EU England, and will be purchasing. The airport can sit as a little temperate island, surrounded by the seasons. Looking forward to this one.

Before I buy, can I ask how does the airport blend in if I only have FTX Global and OpenLC EU installed? If it's designed for TrueEarth as the product pages says, does this mean there's no seasonal variations at all? Yes I know that small patch of grass is not the biggest deal, but still, one of the great features of ORBX with FTX always was that seasons are covered for. Would be shame if this got dropped just because ORBX thinks everyone is using TrueEarth :(

Never mind, sorry about that, just saw it within the product page text, no seasons. What shame! That's very disappointing :( I can't afford to fly with TrueEarth due to FPS penalty, and no I don't want to buy anything that doesn't have seasons covered!

49 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

Great airport! I notice a lot of shimmering on the airport and surrounding buildings (1080ti, 4K). Is this a P3D v4 issue? Regards.

Hi Peter,

My specs are close to yours and I didn't see shimmering.  Perhaps a Graphics setting?  Please post about it in the P3D support forum and we'll sort it out for you.

24 minutes ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Hi Peter,

My specs are close to yours and I didn't see shimmering.  Perhaps a Graphics setting?  Please post about it in the P3D support forum and we'll sort it out for you.

Thanks! Will do. Will give more details there...It's not a not a major issue..but would like to get some ideas to improve my graphics. Regards.

aktually bought scenery EGLC London City Airport

In FTX Central v3.3.9.2 only the following message shows up "There are no downloads available  for this product" as to be seen in attachched screenshot.

Any idea what's wrong?

Many thanks for helping

H. Haschke

Germany

EGLC.jpg

5 hours ago, HHaschke said:

aktually bought scenery EGLC London City Airport

In FTX Central v3.3.9.2 only the following message shows up "There are no downloads available  for this product" as to be seen in attachched screenshot.

Any idea what's wrong?

Many thanks for helping

H. Haschke

Germany

Welcome to the forum!  Are you running the new Central instead of the older FTX Central?  I think this might be the reason why you can't download it, I may stand corrected though.

10 hours ago, HHaschke said:

No, the mentioned version is the only one Im running

Had never this problem before when downloading, same OS, no variation in firewall or virus protection

Kind regards, HH

You can get it here.  You'll need it to install EGLC.      https://orbxdirect.com/central 

You don't have to uninstall your current FTX Central 3 but you may after getting to know the new Orbx Central!

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Welcome to the forum!  Are you running the new Central instead of the older FTX Central?  I think this might be the reason why you can't download it, I may stand corrected though.

12 minutes ago, HHaschke said:

No, the mentioned version is the only one Im running

13 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

You can get it here.  You'll need it to install EGLC.      https://orbxdirect.com/central 

You don't have to uninstall your current FTX Central 3 but you may after getting to know the new Orbx Central!

Had never this problem before when downloading, same OS, no variation in firewall or virus protection

Kind regards, HH

Archived