Where the wife suggested I go last night.

VH-KDK

I bit the bullet last night, brought and installed TEGBC.

Went like a dream so here is my first flight.

1.8Zn99Cj.jpg

Departing from EGNJ Humberside formerly known as Kirmington.

2.NTcHjcB.jpg

Following the A15 to Barton-on -Humber

3.WqnFL0j.jpg

A great improvement on the old paddle ferry that I went on in 1970!

When the Humber Bridge opened in 1981 it was the worlds longest suspension bridge.

4.Vn8Js0N.jpg

Hessle is on the right of the bridge. The bridge had the highest toll of any bridge in the UK but the government wrote off the outstanding debts and the toll was halved to £1.50.

5.5x2dsRj.jpg

I am sure the missus told me to go to Hull last night, well here it is. With a population of just over 250,000 it is unique in having it's own telephone system, hence the cream and green telephone boxes rather than the usual red ones.

6.NoxV9WX.jpg

Outside of London, Hull was the most bomb damaged city in WW2 with some 95% of its structures sustaining some degree of damage.

Still quite a busy port although the fishing industryhas declined since the 1970s. Ro-ro ferry services to Europe carry over 1 million passenger annually.

7.RYKsuwt.jpg

Not far along the Humber, on the Lincolnshire side is the Port of Immingham.

8.P7w6MJo.jpg

As well as the oil refineries there are many chemical based industries here. 

9.I8ZCnOe.jpg

The docks at Grimsby which like Hull was once a thriving fishing port.

I hope you have enjoyed the flight along this  part of the Humber Estury.

To be concluded.

33 minutes ago, BradB said:

Fantastic shots Martyn , since I have no idea where to go in GB . Can you ask your missus where I can take off and what direction to fly to find the mountains of TE GB Central . :):rolleyes::huh::D

Cheers

John

Cheers John, go west young man!:huh:

18 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Martyn. That's an informative and enjoyable tryout of your new scenery package. Thanks for sharing it!

Quite alright Rodger, it is the only area of the north that I have stayed in for any time.:)

Just now, adambar said:

Hey Martyn, my wife tells me where to go sometimes and it ain't the UK. :D

Wonderful shots my friend! :)

Thanks Adam.

It's a tough life for us blokes isn't it.:(

I cannot understand what she is saying most of the time but there again I cannot understand what I am saying when I talk to myself.:wacko::-:lol:

22 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Adam.

It's a tough life for us blokes isn't it.:(

I cannot understand what she is saying most of the time but there again I cannot understand what I am saying when I talk to myself.:wacko::-:lol:

Maybe that's a good thing Martyn. :lol:

1 hour ago, flyingleaf said:

Wow Martyn grand set of shots. When my wife says them words it ain't anything like that, you lucky duck.:unsure::rolleyes::D

Oh you wouldn't want to be in my shoes Karl.:-

Come to think of it I don't have any shoes as I sold them to buy all this ORBX stuff.:lol:

19 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

OMG!!  This XP stuff is getting to be more and more amazing Martyn!  What a beautiful set of screens!  And the WIFE told you to go here?  Did she mean in the sim or show you to the door to the U.K.?  LOL! :lol:

It is just the beginning of something big Jack.;)

I don't think that my wife would be that cruel to send me to the UK!:-

17 hours ago, renault said:

Martyn, I need to meet your wife. Mine says you want to spend money on WHAT … Again!!!!

Very, very nice :)

Cheers

R

It is great to have your own CC and savings!;)

Besides it keeps me off the streets.:o

6 hours ago, Stillwater said:

When I read the post title I expected to see photos of your garage, or of yourself pushing the trash bin to the road.

But obviously you are a real lucky man, Martyn (not only because your sim is working that well).

Thanks Gerold, I am into DIY.:huh:

I make my own luck.:lol:

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:19 PM, lauriebe said:

Very nice set of screenies Martyn.

Have been having a looksee around this area too.

Cheers Laurence, it is the only part of the north that I know quite well although there has been masses of change since I last went there.

I don't know when I will get back to P3D though, I hope all my planes don't go rusty!:lol:

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:37 PM, olderndirt said:

She probably didn't mean "Hull" - most Missus's take great pains to make sure their instructions are understood :).

You got it in one OND, she doesn't mince her words only my ears!:o:ph34r::ph34r::lol:

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2018 at 2:37 AM, olderndirt said:

She probably didn't mean "Hull" - most Missus's take great pains to make sure their instructions are understood :).

That's what I thought... but hey, the result is a wonderful flight above England.

On 12/11/2018 at 12:09 AM, VH-KDK said:

The bridge had the highest toll of any bridge in the UK but the government wrote off the outstanding debts and the toll was halved to £1.50.

Which means that instead of only trespassers having to pay for their crossing, now no one has to cross it for having to pay for it.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:50 AM, Sheridan Say said:

Great shots.  I hope the patch will update the tidal barrier from a block of flats and the Deep (the worlds largest Submarium).

I didn't know about the Submarium, it sounds interesting.

It is great to see places familiar in such detail.

Archived