Freeware airport requests

Did anyone ask for a nice EGSU IWM Duxford? In fack a payware issue would be well worth paying for. Yes, I know there is a freeware Duxford out there and it's very good, but an Orbx one would be better!

EDIT: Search first, post second. The more I think about it it's a no-brainer. It's sell so well JV would be able to retire.

Edited by Ron Attwood

Not sure if I’ve already requested this but so this is my request seeing as it’s my local Aerodrome. Lee on the Solent as it was in the 70’s and 80’s. But sadly soon to be closed as an airport forever if it hasn’t already. The gliding club has gone as is the small flying club. Derek.

Edited by Dadtom65

• 2 weeks later...

There is a lot of really nice freeware for Connecticut,  and Chester is GREAT, but we could do with a lot more airports in New England, New York, and Pennsylvania.  I'd love to se a New England/Northern Mid Atlantic (NY NJ PA) Region, and I'll be very grateful for any free ware airports, and will buy in as instant any pay ware airports in this large geographic area.  The sooner the better.

I'd especially like to see, among many others:

KDXR (Danbury, Ct)

KHPN (Westchester Cty - White Plains)

KFRG (Farmingdale Republic)

KBDL (Bradley, Wndsor Locks)

KPVD (Providence)

KALB (Albany NY)

KLNS (Lancaster, PA)

KJST (Johnstown, PA, overlooking site of great Johnstown Flood)

Ken

• Like 1

Well, umm, this wasn't an Enhanced Freeware request, actually. It was a general question as to whether there were any Payware airports, such as Chester, as I mentioned  coming along in the pipeline at some point...

Oh, well...

Russ

8 hours ago, Ken Q said:

There is a lot of really nice freeware for Connecticut,  and Chester is GREAT, but we could do with a lot more airports in New England, New York, and Pennsylvania.  I'd love to se a New England/Northern Mid Atlantic (NY NJ PA) Region, and I'll be very grateful for any free ware airports, and will buy in as instant any pay ware airports in this large geographic area.  The sooner the better.

I'd especially like to see, among many others:

KDXR (Danbury, Ct)

KHPN (Westchester Cty - White Plains)

KFRG (Farmingdale Republic)

KBDL (Bradley, Wndsor Locks)

KPVD (Providence)

KALB (Albany NY)

KLNS (Lancaster, PA)

KJST (Johnstown, PA, overlooking site of great Johnstown Flood)

Ken

KHPN, KBDL and KALB are available from a little developer called FSX-P3D Scenery Builders. They aren't exactly ORBX class, but they're not too bad, and the price is right...

The one I'd REALLY like to see someone do is KDXR, as I don't live all that far from there.

Russ

1 hour ago, Ken Q said:

Thanks for the heads up, Russ.  I'll take a look.

Ken

Thanks, Ken!

KDXR (Danbury Muni) is a very unique airport as the approach to runway 35 has you going down the valley between two hills. If you look to the left or right on short final all you see is trees!! Check it out when you get the chance!

Russ

On 9/5/2018 at 8:04 AM, b1bmsgt said:

KHPN, KBDL and KALB are available from a little developer called FSX-P3D Scenery Builders. They aren't exactly ORBX class, but they're not too bad, and the price is right...

The one I'd REALLY like to see someone do is KDXR, as I don't live all that far from there.

Russ

Russ,

I got their KBDL, and it's pretty good, at least for the time being, while we wait for ORBX to get to it.  Much better than the default. A long time ago I made a little scenery file that added static aircraft and the NE Aviation Museum, which works with this.  Not bad but a long cry from ORBX.  Though I do like the fact that the proceeds benefit an animal shelter. Thanks again for the heads up.

Ken

Hello

Please , Can you do one airport for wish ?

If you have got  a  time.

It would be airport Pardubice. It is my one of favourite airports in Czech Republic. It is amazing airport with amazing city.

Please Can you do this airport ? Please for free !

I can give you all informations , photos and other ducuments around this airport.

Thank you

Sincerely

Marek Sumpich

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Freeware airport requests
  • Nick Cooper pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

What a great idear to centralize the requests!
And thank you all, guys and gails, who create these freeware addon fields.

Well, ofcourse I can add some wishes too,,,

What I really would like to see, is a field in the Northern Territory, Australia,  named Gove. It has a very interesting surrounding too, with oil and mining companies. It has a very unique shape of passenger terminal, build in shapes of the Aboriginal culture. Ofcourse this can become a payware field too...

The other area I hope to see some freeware field too, is mountainstrips in Indonesian Papua. We have great addons for Papua New Guinea and maybe something like that is possible for Papua too.

Greetings !
Bram

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Freeware airports? I have so many on my wish list.

But if I was to be pushed for a reply, then how about all the RAAF bases in Australia. 16 bases plus 3 bare bases. As the number of high quality military aircraft is increasing it would be good to be able to go to an ORBx improved base instead of the modest FSX offering or the current freeware airports offered elsewhere (some of dubious quality).

regards,

Lance

p.s.  Hopefully YPPH and a new AUS version makes an appearance..

• Like 1

I agree Lance. Many to choose from.

My favourite would be Williamtown (YWLM) to start with.

It is now a combined RAAF, domestic and International airport.

Using P3D V4 and Orbx combined you still don't have a parking bay for domestic aircraft. Must be a lot of AI aircraft waiting to take off around Australia :-)

Aussie 

12 hours ago, Dieter said:

"" My favourite would be Williamtown (YWLM) to start with. """

Look here:

Thank you Dieter,

I had never seen these sceneries before. I just had to get YPEA Pearce and I will have a flight there tonight.

And donation gladly given.

Lance.

Hello

this topic is for requests for Orbx freeware airports.

It is not for the propagation of another developer's work, even freeware

and definitely not "donationware".

There are plenty of other forums where this type of information can be shared.

Thanks.

One airport that's quite new (in fact it doesn't exist in the default P3D scenery at all) is the Hillaton/Kings Aerodrome Airport (CHL2) in Nova Scotia:

https://skyvector.com/airport/CHL2/Hillaton-Kings-Aerodrome-Airport

The 11/29 runway has recently had 1650 feet of it's length paved. So recently in fact, that the Skyvector details at the link above don't mention it. However, the video below provides some close-up views of that runway:

Below, I've provided an aerial shot of the airfield in it's surrounding environment, which includes some picturesque farmland and coastline (the actual airstrip is just to the right and just above the center part of the photograph):

44927088_10155640204590474_8074017141810

I thought it might be a good candidate for some Orbx love (especially since there's no representation of it whatsoever in the default sim).

• 1 month later...

SNVR Vera Cruz, Bahia, Brazil

It's a small airfield located in an beatiful island, with training and skydiving activies, close to Salvador (SBSV), third major city of the country with a full city/airport scenery. It would be a nice place to depart from SBSV and make a few touch and goes over there - like flight schools do in real life.

I can provide pictures and information, if needed.

snvr.jpg

• 3 months later...

Thanks to the Orbx team for all their freeware efforts over the years!  For future requests, perhaps:

KXLL - Queen City Airport, Allentown, PA - Formerly 1N9, wedged close right under KABE's class C veil.

KOQN - Brandywine Airport, West Chester, PA - Formerly N99, the home of QVC (shopping channel in the US).

KCKZ - Pennridge Airport, Perkasie, PA - Formerly N70, the largest privately-owned airport in Southeast PA.

KDYL - Doylestown Airport, Doylestown, PA - bustling little small-town field.

N13 - Bloomsburg Airport, Bloomsburg, PA - sleepy college town field tucked next to the Susquehanna River.

Edited by mgchristy

• 1 month later...

May I recommend KDVN airport. Situated quite close to KMLI, the main airport for commercial service within the Quad Cities in the Midwest. Lots of flight training and GA flying, and has a large FBO, where I personally do flight training and could get pictures. KMLI is larger, and though it does need some love, KDVN is much neglected and from my past experience with your wonderful freeware pack, you could model it perfectly.

Thanks again!

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Orbx,

I am an Air Traffic Controller from Balochistan and would highly appreciate any airport being built by Orbx preferably these ones:

OPTU, OPGD, OPPG, OPPI, OPQT, OPOR, OPDB.

I would also love to see atleast a Orbx OpenLC for Middle East covering Balochistan as well. 

Many thanks and stay safe, stay home, make Airport ;)

Regards,

Behroz Baloch.