Freeware airport requests

Hi Todd and Team,

Fantastic job you are all doing. Very impressed. I would love to see:

• YMAY (Albury)
  • YSBK (Bankstown)
  • YSCN (Camden)
  • YMER (Merimbula)
  • YSRI (Richmond RAAF)
  • YWLM (Williamtown RAAF/Newcastle Airport)

• Upvote 4

KMHK Manhattan, Kansas would be great because it has some interesting rolling hills (this part of Kansas is not flat), a tall grass prarie, the Big Blue River, a golf course, an industrial park and the Fort Riley airbase located close by.  I believe it would be a great Payware product for ORBX in the heartland of America if not an "enhanced" freeware product.  Please check it out!  Great area for take-off and landing practice with KMHK and the Ft. Riley Airbase so close.  Wamego airport is just down the river too.  The real KMHK (Manhattan) Airport has just undergone some incredible modernizations and looks fabulous.  Thanks for your consideration!  Scott

Edited by sfreeby41163

Lunken Airport ( KLUK ),   Cincinnati, Ohio has a lot of history.

- In 1938 American Airlines first got it starts there. Some of the buildings are still there.

- Embry Riddle was born there ( Now based in Florida ) as one of the largest aviation flight schools in the world ).

- It has the oldest standing control tower in the United States.

- In 2011 in served as the backdrop in the movie ' The Ides of March.

- In 1927 Charles Limbergh landed there and was swarmed by mobs of people.

-Aeronca Aircraft were built there. Some of those buildings are still there.

- Sporty's Pilot Shop was started there. The original store is still in the control tower but is now based not far away at the Clermont County Airport which is one of your freeware airports.

-Sky Galley Restaurant has been in nearly continuous operation for decades and is so named because the first meals served on a commercial airliner (American Airlines) were prepared there. It's in the control tower building and overlooks the airport.

- Lunken Airport is surrounded by rolling hills and parks. The Ohio River is just to the south, and the Little Miami River ( on the National Register ) borders the east side.

Dan L.

Edited by jetsmell
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi. Bit late for this post but any chance I could ask for my local airport which is Lee on Solent. Though no longer a forces airport, there is still a small flying club there and a search and rescue base. It is a real old airbase as was used in the First World War as a seaplane Base with a ramp going down to the sea which is still there.  My main gripe with the renditions over the years has been the state of the small hangers which are scattered over the base and now look like blown up blue hangers when in fact they look like very large Nissan huts coloured like a light brown. Thank you. Derek.

On 11/7/2017 at 12:40 PM, baptista said:

sbur
city with one of the largest TMAs in central Brazil.
I would be very pleased with this work.

I'll add it to my list. It is close to some others I have done or am working on but no promise as to when I get to it.

Larry

On 17-11-2017 at 9:26 AM, Irvin Thibodeaux said:

I would absolutely love to see someone develop a p3dv4 KMSY New Orleans. It seems that there is not even a payware version for this particular airport.

There isn't? How about this one:

http://secure.simmarket.com/fsimstudios-louis-armstrong-new-orleans-international-airport-fsx-p3d.phtml

Would love to see a few more New England airports done....

KPWM Portland, ME

KPSF Pittsfield, MA

2B3 Parlin Field Newport, NH

8B1 Hawthorne Feather, Antrim, NH (former Aviation school, Hawthorne College)

KFIT Fitchburg, MA

And last but not least....my home real world airport.....KFFC Peachtree City, GA

Thanks for all the airports you have done already!!!!!!

Edited by Hornit
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

B21 Carrabassett Valley Regional Airport in Maine, sometimes known as Sugarloaf Regional. Many buildings are duplicates. Mostly weathered brown wood siding and green A-frame roofs. The fuel farm is new and doesn't appear in the current Google Earth imagery. Great winter destination for ski trips. Challenging approach through high terrain. I've attached some photos for assistance in building type and placement. Would be nice if someone could enhance the default scenery. I would try if I knew how. ;)

B21 From car entrance.png

B21 Looking NW.jpg

B21 Looking SE at fuel farm.jpg

B21.jpg

B21 Aerial.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/22/2017 at 12:28 PM, Hornit said:

Would love to see a few more New England airports done....

KPWM Portland, ME

KPSF Pittsfield, MA

2B3 Parlin Field Newport, NH

8B1 Hawthorne Feather, Antrim, NH (former Aviation school, Hawthorne College)

KFIT Fitchburg, MA

And last but not least....my home real world airport.....KFFC Peachtree City, GA

Thanks for all the airports you have done already!!!!!!

Great suggestions! Just so you know and can go check it out, 2B3 Parlin Field has been done already. ;)

On 28.11.2017 at 9:38 AM, tedklemm said:

B21 Carrabassett Valley Regional Airport in Maine, sometimes known as Sugarloaf Regional. Many buildings are duplicates. Mostly weathered brown wood siding and green A-frame roofs. The fuel farm is new and doesn't appear in the current Google Earth imagery. Great winter destination for ski trips. Challenging approach through high terrain. I've attached some photos for assistance in building type and placement. Would be nice if someone could enhance the default scenery. I would try if I knew how. ;)

B21 From car entrance.png

B21 Looking NW.jpg

B21 Looking SE at fuel farm.jpg

B21.jpg

B21 Aerial.png

Hi!

If you search SOH, there is a great freeware version already. Here are some screenshots from my flights into this field:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/140235-sugarloaf-regional/

Hi FireRx,

We do not do freeware airports for those already done as a "region" airport".  KFAT is one of the airports of the Northern California (NCA) region.  As for airports NOT in regions, I continue to keep track of all that have been suggested.

Cheers, Neil

14 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Hi!

If you search SOH, there is a great freeware version already. Here are some screenshots from my flights into this field:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/140235-sugarloaf-regional/

Thanks. I see the designer has also done other Maine airports on my wish list. Will give it a try and see if the FSX scenery will play well with P3D V.2

• Like 1

On 11/11/2017 at 5:53 PM, larryisenor said:

I'll add it to my list. It is close to some others I have done or am working on but no promise as to when I get to it.

Larry

Dear Larry
Appreciate your attention.
I admire the competence of your work and all this team.
Baptista

Hello!

I'd like to suggest the following airports:

- LELL - Located 10km away from Barcelona it's Spain's largest GA airport. It doesn't even have taxiways now.

- LECD - Beautiful airfield in the middle of La Cerdanya valley. Excellent flying conditions especially for gliders who come from all over Europe.

Thank you for your time and consideration

A few requests, if they work.

KFSD- Joe Foss Field, Sioux Falls Regional Airport- This is a nice, little regional airport with an Air National Guard bas on field home to F-16s and F-18s. They put on a great free airshow every 3 or 4 years, usually bringing in the Blue Angels as well as various others.

KMKE- General Mitchell International Airport- Milwaukee, WI

Thanks!

KGRI - Central Nebraska Regional, aka Grand Island

A medium sized regional airport with GA and some air carrier traffic, particularly interesting to me because:

I'm currently in the middle of my annual jaunt from my base in NY (KFRG) to the west coast to enjoy the Orbx west regions.  As much as possible I'm flying from one Orbx airport to another, spaced about 90 - 130 miles apart.  I'm currently at Fremont (KFET), northwest of Omaha.  The next Orbx airport to the west is North Platte Regional, (KLBF), almost 200 miles away.  This is a bit long.  Another airport in east-central Nebraska would be great, and this is an interesting one anyway.

Josh Flowers, who does the MrAviation101 YouTube channel flew from Texas to KGRI to observe last summer's total eclipse - three nice films, the second of which feature nice shots of this airport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77CvL2cQXMY

Thanks,

Ken

Hi Todd, I know the Orbx team has many requests, but I would like to see one on Sioux Falls Regional Airport KFSD in South Dakota. It is home of the highly awarded Air National Guard Squad 'The Fighting Lobos' and has plenty of domestic flights and smaller aircraft usage. Users can take trips out to the Black Hills out west or go East to Chicago. Really a great airport to fly out of with two ample runways and from the terminal can see the Lobos parked ready to go. Thanks for having this suggestion topic and thanks to the whole Orbx team for all the great work. 

Id love to see KGAI. Its a small airpark named Montgomery County Airpark in maryland, about 30 miles out of DC in the suburbs. It has a flight training school, simulators inside, rental planes, hangers, cafe, aircraft maintnence, and more! Its just overall a great airport and the information of it on wikepidia such as runway length, etc is all correct. The biggest plane ive seen my self is a Embraer Phenom 100 but im sure a 300 could get there too. Thanks!

6 hours ago, wallyboard said:

Asking again for your consideration for CYAG in NW Ontario, and CYHD, Dryden Regional. They certainly would help round out the area a lot.

I'll add them to my list. I've been considering Dryden for  a while so it will probably be in the next pack or 2. While you are waiting try Kenora and International Falls.

Larry

On 12/24/2017 at 2:03 PM, RCASC said:

We got an improvement on CYYB lately and thank you very much for that. :)

Hoping to see lots of waterborne aerodromes in the future.

I try to do them when close to the land airports. Will probably do a few more in northern Ontario as I do those airports, but a lot of the world to do and limited time.

Larry

• Like 1